PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Fans?

PAMillerGrrl83
12-16-2006, 01:23 PM
Since my fiance` and I are spending Christmas Eve here in the Burgh, we made the trip back to Virginia to visit his family and exchange Christmas presents and what not. Again this is the same Hibbett Sports store who asked me how I could wear Steelers gear when they were "sucking as bad as they are". Anyway we went into the store to look at the newly discounted NFL apparel, while we were there there was this lady and her two sons probably around the ages of 10 and 14 looking at Steeler jerseys. Okay I can understand to a certain point but this really cracks me up, the woman looks up at the Steeler jereseys *the Heath Miller ones specifically* and she goes "Who's 83". Okay I could have more sympathy for a person who didnt LIVE in the area that Heath grew up in but this woman was from the same place he grew up at. Her kids go to the same school that Heath attended, I was just shocked. I looked to my fiance` and we both looked at the woman and said "Heath Miller" and she goes "Who". I kid you not, my fiance` said he would have loved to have a camera to capture the reaction on my face. The reason I know this lady is because my mom used to work with her so I dunno I guess I was just shocked to see someone from Swords Creek ask who Heath Miller was.

MJ5150
12-17-2006, 03:07 AM
I live in the town Jerramy Stevens of the Seahawks is from, my mother who also lives in this town has no idea who he is.

It's no big deal that other people are not into football like those of us who post here.

-Mike

Elvis
12-17-2006, 06:51 AM
I live in the town Jerramy Stevens of the Seahawks is from, my mother who also lives in this town has no idea who he is.

It's no big deal that other people are not into football like those of us who post here.

-Mike

:wink02: I am sorry that you are from the same town that Jeremy is from ....:jawdrop: :hug:
Just couldnt pass that one up.. but I hope that you know that I am just joking with ya...

Merry Christmas TO Everyone :wave:

HometownGal
12-17-2006, 08:31 AM

-Mike

As huge a Steelers fan as I am, my 84 year old Mom has no idea who Heath Miller is either! :smile: :wink02:

PAMillerGrrl83
12-17-2006, 08:30 PM
I just think its strange considering the people who live where Heath is from, they make such a huge huge deal that he's their *Hometown Hero* and whatnot and even people who dont live in the general area who have NEVER watched a football game in their life know who he is so it was just strange to hear someone ask that.

Hines0wnz
12-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Not everyone is as worldly as we are on here. :wink02:

MJ5150
12-18-2006, 12:27 AM
:wink02: I am sorry that you are from the same town that Jeremy is from ....:jawdrop: :hug:
[B][I][FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Purple"]Just couldnt pass that one up.. but I hope that you know that I am just joking with ya..

It's all good. No offense taken over here.

He is a few years younger than me, but I remember lifting weights with him in the local gym, and playing hoops at the local park. Nothing he has done in the NFL so far surprises me. He has been like this all his life.

-Mike