PDA

View Full Version : Need some help please!

floodcitygirl
12-17-2006, 12:06 AM
I am going to be coming into quite a bit of deer meat soon. I have very little experience cooking with it. If any of you have some tried and true recipes that you're willing to share, I would really appreciate it. I'll have roasts, stewing meat, steaks, ground....everything. Thanks in advance!

SteelShooter
12-17-2006, 02:31 AM
Here are two quickies:

1)
- Slightly brown some stew meat or small steaks, remove them temporarily.
- Sprinkle flour into the skillet and brown the flower as well.
- Then S L O W L Y mix in a little milk to make a gravy and place the browned meat back into it.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to meet your taste.
- Serve over brown rice (my favorite for this), but white will do as well.

2)
- For a super quick meal for the adventuresome:
- Place small to medium pieces of venison on foil and Salt/Pepper (very LITTLE Salt).
- Pour a jar of Mild or Medium Salsa over it all and fold the foil into a tent.
- Bake at 350F until done (usually about 20-30mins for a two person serving, add 10mins or so for each two adults worth of food you prepare).
- This one is best over spanish rice, but white rice tastes really well with this also.

There's 2 for you FCG!

SteelShooter
12-17-2006, 02:38 AM
Venison makes wonderful jerky as well. It's probably my favorite, with elk following.

Although I have never made it myself, I love ostrich jerkey as well!

Dehydrators can be purchased very cheaply nowadays, check WalMart and other discount stores, or even online. They come with seasoning starter kits, and other seasoning mixes can be purchased separately. Definitive Instructions come with it all, of course.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-17-2006, 05:17 AM
Venison Pot Roast,

about 3 pounds of Roast
flour
salt and pepper
1 tbsp. vegetable oil or shortening
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cups beef broth, hot
1 can tomatoes
2 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste if needed

PREPARATION:
Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; dust with flour. Brown the venison roast in heated oil or shortening. Add onion and to skillet. Turn off the heat and add beef broth; transfer to slow cooker, scraping browned bits up.
Add tomatoes to crockpot, along with the herbs and seasonings. Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 12 hours, until pot roast is tender.

Venison Chili

(2 lbs.) of ground venison
Olive oil
2 large onions
10 cloves of garlic
1 quart of chicken or beef stock
4 tablespoons of chili powder
1 Tbsp ground cumin
2 Tbsp ground sweet paprika
1 Tsp cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp of oregano
? to 1 Tsp salt

PREPERATION:

Brown ground venison in olive oil (about 2 Tbsp) in a large skillet. Drain the meat.
In a three to four quart heavy pot heat one Tbsp of olive oil and saut? two large onions which have been sliced.
When the onions are limp (don?t overcook them, maybe 7 minutes tops) add 10 cloves of garlic which have been mashed and minced. When the garlic scents up, add the meat. Add one quart chicken or beef stock. Try Campbell?s low-sodium chicken stock.
Add the spices. Crush the oregano in your hand before adding.
Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and simmer for at least three hours.

Marinated Venison Steak

1 (1 1/2 lb) package venison steak
3 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1-2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper

Mix all marinade ingredients together in a small measuring cup.
Place venison steaks in a large zip lock bag.
Pour marinade over steaks and seal bag.
Place bag in a flat casserole dish so that the steaks are in a single layer.
Refrigerate and marinate at least 4 hours, turning every half hour to marinate each side.
Drain marinade and grill steaks to desired doneness.
Double or triple this recipe for each addition package of steak. Any wild game steak can be used in this recipe.

floodcitygirl
12-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Thanks so much guys! Sounds great. I'll definately be trying them. Keep them coming...sounds like my freezer will be full!!! :yummy: :thumbsup:

floodcitygirl
12-17-2006, 08:42 AM
Question for you LLT...have you ever added potatoes or carrots to the roast? Beans to the chili...If so what kind did you use?

floodcitygirl
12-17-2006, 10:09 AM
I am looking for a recipe for a bar-b-que for the venison as well. (like you would a pulled pork or chicken for sandwiches) Any help???

MACH1
12-17-2006, 04:37 PM
Butterfly Steaks.

Take some pieces of steak and butterfly them about 1/4-1/2 inch thick, make sure you clean them up good(trim off all the fat you can).

Dredge in flour on both sides- season the flour how ever you like. I just add some salt, pepper and a little garlic powder.

In a skillet with a little veg. oil brown on both sides.

Turn the heat down to med-low and add enough water to cover the bottom of the pan, put a lid on it and simmer for 15-20 mins.

Makes it very tender doing it this way and very tasty. The left over stuff in the pan makes a good gravy as well.

floodcitygirl
12-17-2006, 09:08 PM
Thanks BC...sounds great! :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-18-2006, 05:11 AM
Question for you LLT...have you ever added potatoes or carrots to the roast? Beans to the chili...If so what kind did you use?

Sure, you can add potatoes and carrots..just treat it like a regular roast

...and sorry about forgetting the beans....I generally use 'Brooks' beans ...and they come in spicy, medium, or mild depending on your preference. I like my chili VERY thick so I may use more that the average person, add beans according to the consistency you prefer .... My personal preference is to also add 1 cup of diced velvetta cheese and 1/2 cup of sour cream to the crockpot...understanding that this will dilute the spiciness and you may have to compensate with more cayenne (also for the risk-takers..you can add 'Daves Insanity Sauce'...not for the weak of heart)

Venison Barbecue
INGREDIENTS:
3 lbs. venison
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup water
2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon or equivalent base
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can tomato soup
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. thyme
1 tbsp. paprika
2 tbsp. brown sugar
Buns

PREPARATION:
Place meat in Crockpot or slow cooker. Add onion, green pepper and 1 cup water. Add beef bouillon. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, until meat is well done and shreds easily with a fork.
Let water cook down to about 1/2 cup of liquid. Add remaining ingredients and stir to mix. Cover and cook on LOW for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Meat should be pretty well shredded by the end of the cooking time.

floodcitygirl
12-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Many thanks again...sounds great! I'll be trying some out this week. :smile:

floodcitygirl
01-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Venison makes wonderful jerky as well. It's probably my favorite, with elk following.

Although I have never made it myself, I love ostrich jerkey as well!

Dehydrators can be purchased very cheaply nowadays, check WalMart and other discount stores, or even online. They come with seasoning starter kits, and other seasoning mixes can be purchased separately. Definitive Instructions come with it all, of course.I tried the jerky. Got a recipe and used my own seasonings. The first batch was, I thought, a little too salty but it was devoured quickly anyway! The second batch is great. Even the kids like it. I have to say, I've never been a fan of jerky, but this is better than any other kind I've tasted. Thanks again.

I also tried the barbeque, LLT. The adults that I served it to ate 2 and 3 sandwiches a piece. I'd say it went over well! Thanks.

NV STEELERS 723
01-07-2007, 12:25 AM
My in-laws are coming this Sunday....from Montana...he is bringing us 50lbs of meat...vennison,elk,vennison salami, and antelope....

The best way to cook steaks is to heat some olive oil, and saute some garlic...( don't burn it! ) then take the garlic out and cook the steaks to your temp likeness.... ( you can salt and pepper the steaks too...)

Hope this helps.... its the only way we cook wild meat ...its so good !

floodcitygirl
01-07-2007, 10:32 AM
I love garlic NVSteelers. I'll give it a try. Thanks! :smile:

clevestinks
01-08-2007, 12:12 PM
Ground Venison makes great chili dog chili. Because its usually so fine. The meat is so lean, that steaks are the best marinated in chipolte seasoning. Also the backstraps, smoked.

floodcitygirl
01-08-2007, 12:36 PM
Thanks Cleves. The challenge that I'm having is finding ways to prepare the meat that my kids will like. They claim that the gamey flavor is too strong for them....even in the barbeque....which the adults that I served it to devoured. I'm stumped.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Flood..I apologize...There is a VERY easy to lessen the gamey taste..soak the venison overnight....also most of the gamey taste is in what little fat Venison has..so in the case of roasts and steaks..trim off as much as possible.

Found some tips to help you out also...just print off for future reference:

Preparation, uses, and tips
Trim off all excess venison fat before cooking, as the fat contains the gamey taste. If some fat is desired, add beef or pork fat.

Tough meat can be tenderized by marinating it in acidic ingredients (for no more than 24 hours), or pounding it with a mallet to break down connective tissues.

Venison toughens quickly if overcooked or cooked at high heat. For best results, use a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the venison, making sure the thermometer is not touching a bone. Internal temperatures should be as follows when the venison is done:

Ground venison 160?F (71?C).

Roasts, steaks:
Medium rare 145?F (62?C)
Medium 160?F (71?C)
Well done 170?F (76.6?C)

Frying

Heat a frying pan until very hot. Add butter or oil. Fry thin steaks 90 seconds on each side. Serve hot.

Roasting

This dry-heat method works well on tender cuts, such as tenderloin, loin, and sirloin roasts. Wash roast under cold water, pat dry, and place on a rack above a shallow roasting pan. Cover top of roast with bacon strips. Insert meat thermometer deep into the meat. Roast at 300 to 350?F (150 to 180?C) until desired internal temperature is reached, 20 to 15 minutes per pound (454g)

Moist roasting

Lay out enough aluminum foil to double-wrap the roast. Sprinkle dehydrated vegetable soup mix on foil; place roast on foil, then sprinkle more soup mix on top of roast. Wrap and cook in preheated 325 to 350?F (160 to 180? C) oven for several hours, until tender yet still moist and juicy.

Broiling

Wash steaks, pat dry, and place steaks or burgers on a rack above a shallow roasting pan. Adjust the oven rack so meat is 3 inches (7.6cm) from the heat source for thin cuts, 4 inches (10cm) for thick cuts. Turn with spatula after 7 to 10 minutes for a 1 1/2-inch (3.8-cm) steak. Cook until desired internal temperature is reached.

Pan-broiling

Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat until very hot. Add oil or butter and place steak or burgers in the skillet. Sear until brown on both sides, turning only once.

Stir-frying

Wash venison, cut into thin strips, and pat dry. Use tender cuts or tough cuts sliced across the grain. Heat a wok or heavy skillet until very hot. Add oil, then the slices of venison. Stir until done, about 3 to 5 minutes, depending on quantity. Venison stir-fries well in small batches.

Braising

Wet-heat cooking methods work well for tougher cuts of meat, such as pot roast or brisket. Heat a heavy skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat until very hot. Add oil or butter. Wash roast, pat dry, and brown on all sides. When all the meat is browned, add cooking liquid and cover tightly with a lid. Cook in the oven at 325?F (160?C) or on the stovetop over low heat until venison is tender.

Stewing

Wash, pat dry, and cut tougher cuts into cubes. Brown in oil if desired. Then place meat in a Dutch oven and cover with liquid and herbs, spices, and vegetables. Cook in a preheated oven at 325?F (160?C), or on the stovetop over low heat until venison is tender.

Microwaving

For roasts, place meat on a roasting rack over a dish, fat side down. Cook on High for 6 to 8 minutes, then on Medium for 7 to 14 minutes per pound (454g). Turn the dish halfway through. Let stand 15 minutes. For burgers, arrange portions on a greased baking dish, and cook 10 minutes per pound (454g) on High, turning halfway through cooking time.

Grilling

Place steaks or burgers on a prepared grill with the rack about 8 inches (20cm) from the heat source. Grill, turning frequently, for about 1 to 1 1/4 hours or until fork tender. Homemade or bottled barbecue sauce (or other glazes) may be brushed on venison during last 10 to 20 minutes of grilling time.

To test the temperature, place your palms above the coals or heat source at cooking level. If you have to remove your hands after 2 seconds, the temperature is hot; after 3 seconds, medium hot; and after 4 seconds, medium. More than 4 seconds indicates the grill has not reached cooking temperature.

ARKIESTEEL
01-08-2007, 01:03 PM
I chase them down and eat them raw but you know what they say differnt strokes for differnt folks:jawdrop:

floodcitygirl
01-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Thanks LLT! I was beginning to think that I would have to give away a freezer full of meat. I'll try your idea and see what they think. :smile:

Arkie....there are no words....LOL!

clevestinks
01-08-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks Cleves. The challenge that I'm having is finding ways to prepare the meat that my kids will like. They claim that the gamey flavor is too strong for them....even in the barbeque....which the adults that I served it to devoured. I'm stumped.

Tacos! Always works, I serve tacos then tell everyon ethat they just ate venison! Tacos

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Flood...also dont volunteer the information that they are eating Venison...they may be convincing themselves that its "gross" before they give it a chance

floodcitygirl
01-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Tacos! Always works, I serve tacos then tell everyon ethat they just ate venison! TacosDo you soak the meat first?

clevestinks
01-08-2007, 04:07 PM
No, just fry with the water and taco seasoning just like you would beef. Might take a little extra water because venison is so lean. lean is good~

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Do you soak the meat first?

you cant soak ground venison...just the steaks..chops...roasts

floodcitygirl
01-09-2007, 10:27 AM
you cant soak ground venison...just the steaks..chops...roastsSorry. :blush: I read taco but thought faijita since that's what I usually make with strips of chicken and beef but wrap them in soft taco shells (The kids like that better than the beef with hard shells.) I realized what I was thinking after Cleves mentioned cooking it with water and seasonings. lol! I WAS hoping I would get away with it.....oh well....blonde moment...:dang:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Sorry. :blush: I read taco but thought faijita since that's what I usually make with strips of chicken and beef but wrap them in soft taco shells (The kids like that better than the beef with hard shells.) I realized what I was thinking after Cleves mentioned cooking it with water and seasonings. lol! I WAS hoping I would get away with it.....oh well....blonde moment...:dang:

hehehehe:wink02:

floodcitygirl
01-09-2007, 05:07 PM
hehehehe:wink02:Glad you were amused. :flap:

floodcitygirl
01-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Ok so in the continuing saga....I made burgers tonight with the ground venison (no soaking) and mixed it with ground sausage. I just added a little seasoning salt. The boys loved them! I threw some cheddar on top and they never even questioned it. Lots of flavor, not dry at all, and no hint of gaminess. They were happy.....home run! :thumbsup:

floodcitygirl
01-10-2007, 12:05 PM
bump spammer

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-10-2007, 12:42 PM
Ok so in the continuing saga....I made burgers tonight with the ground venison (no soaking) and mixed it with ground sausage. I just added a little seasoning salt. The boys loved them! I threw some cheddar on top and they never even questioned it. Lots of flavor, not dry at all, and no hint of gaminess. They were happy.....home run! :thumbsup:

Did you tell them it was Venison?

floodcitygirl
01-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Did you tell them it was Venison?Don't ask, don't tell. :wink02: Actually, I think the older one knew. But like I said, mixed with the sausage, he liked it. I'll try soaking the next roast first and see how that goes. :smile:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Don't ask, don't tell. :wink02: Actually, I think the older one knew. But like I said, mixed with the sausage, he liked it. I'll try soaking the next roast first and see how that goes. :smile:

AND!!!!....trim all fat

Stillers43
01-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Ground venison: I also mixed it with sausage and made burgers out of it. Another favorite is fry it up and mix it with mac and cheese! I am looking forward to making some venison tacos. Good idea!

floodcitygirl
01-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Ground venison: I also mixed it with sausage and made burgers out of it. Another favorite is fry it up and mix it with mac and cheese! I am looking forward to making some venison tacos. Good idea!They love mac n cheese. I'll have to give that a shot too. Thanks! :smile:

floodcitygirl
01-10-2007, 02:18 PM
AND!!!!....trim all fatYes Sir...got it! :thumbsup:

floodcitygirl
01-31-2007, 02:23 PM
Just an update. I used the ground venison to make pasta sauce. I normally use beef and sausage. I added a little extra garlic and tomato. It turned out great! I was surprised. :smile:

steelerbackr4life
01-31-2007, 10:18 PM
As long as this is a venison related topic.
A friend of mine gave me some venison steak and it was cut real thin. I made cheese steaks with it.
I cooked it in a pan with garlic, onions, and then added some fresh provolone. Served it on a fresh roll topped with tabasco brand steak sauce. Yummy sandwich.
Im going to make some for our SB party since my friend gave me an abundance of it.

floodcitygirl
02-02-2007, 11:00 AM
As long as this is a venison related topic.
A friend of mine gave me some venison steak and it was cut real thin. I made cheese steaks with it.
I cooked it in a pan with garlic, onions, and then added some fresh provolone. Served it on a fresh roll topped with tabasco brand steak sauce. Yummy sandwich.
Im going to make some for our SB party since my friend gave me an abundance of it.Sounds yummy. I'll give it a try! I think I'll add some mushrooms too.

Stlrs4Life
02-17-2007, 02:55 PM
I don't ever believe in trimming off the fat before cooking meat. That's where alot of the flavor is in. After it is cooked is a different story. Venison is very lean anyway. And as far as the "Gamey" tasste, I believe it is in the heads of everybody. Venison is better for you than beef, because Deer obviously eat naturally.

floodcitygirl
02-17-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't ever believe in trimming off the fat before cooking meat. That's where alot of the flavor is in. After it is cooked is a different story. Venison is very lean anyway. And as far as the "Gamey" tasste, I believe it is in the heads of everybody. Venison is better for you than beef, because Deer obviously eat naturally.I think there is a differnt taste to it...and the kids didn't like it. Rinsing really seems to help! :smile:

SteelShooter
03-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Flood..I apologize...There is a VERY easy to lessen the gamey taste..soak the venison overnight....also most of the gamey taste is in what little fat Venison has..so in the case of roasts and steaks..trim off as much as possible.

Found some tips to help you out also...just print off for future reference:

Preparation, uses, and tips
Trim off all excess venison fat before cooking, as the fat contains the gamey taste. If some fat is desired, add beef or pork fat.

Tough meat can be tenderized by marinating it in acidic ingredients (for no more than 24 hours), or pounding it with a mallet to break down connective tissues.

Venison toughens quickly if overcooked or cooked at high heat. For best results, use a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the venison, making sure the thermometer is not touching a bone. Internal temperatures should be as follows when the venison is done:

Another old trick to rid the gamey taste is to soak in buttermilk for 8-12hrs.

And another source for the gamey taste, in addition to the fat (I wholeheartedly agree LLT!) is from excess blood.

One way to defeat that (although some people disagree) is to take the quarters, prior to processing and soak them in salty ice water for 4-6hrs prior to fully processing. This pulls a sigificant amount of blood out of the meat. I have never tried this after processing. But usually I just take the quarters and soak them overnight in a large ice chest and process that next morning.

This works well for me because we usually take the next day off after taking a deer to allow the other hunters in our party a better chance of bagging their own. 3 Thanksgivings ago I took a 7point opening morning and a friend of the family took an 8 pointer. We took the next day off and processed. Day 3 he and I went out and BOTH took one, this time I took a beautiful 8 point and he a 6 point. No one else took anything that year. What luck we had, unfortunately no one else shared in the same fortune. But we shared our take with everyone else.

Oh, we have a family hunting camp and cabin in the beautiful state of West Virginia. I truly love that place.

SteelShooter
03-27-2007, 07:48 PM
One of my FAVORITE recipes is:

Sprinkle tarragon and thyme, and a small amount of salt and pepper on thinly sliced venison steaks.

Pour Marsala cooking wine into a large skillet and sautee at a low temperature until done.

It's easy and oh-so-tasty! I like to fix long grain and wild rice, along with yeast rolls to go with this. Broccoli goes very well with this also.

You can also use the same recipe with a boneless, skinless chicken breast (unlike the venison, thicker IS better for the breast).

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

floodcitygirl
03-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Thanks for the advice and the recipe Shooter! The meat was already processed but I'll mention your suggestion to my friend.

The recipe sounds yummy. I'll be giving that one a try. :chef:

BettisFan
03-27-2007, 10:13 PM
gosh i love food

ARKIESTEEL
03-28-2007, 06:57 AM
How do you all keep them from kicking you when you eat them? I got a big bump on my forehead from a doe I chased down just as I got lock on her she kicked the crap out of me:dang: :banging:

floodcitygirl
03-28-2007, 10:10 AM
How do you all keep them from kicking you when you eat them? I got a big bump on my forehead from a doe I chased down just as I got lock on her she kicked the crap out of me:dang: :banging:Started drinking early on your birthday, huh Arkie??? :sofunny: :wink02:

ARKIESTEEL
03-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Started drinking early on your birthday, huh Arkie??? :sofunny: :wink02:

No but I wish I had :wink02: :cheers:

MasterOfPuppets
03-28-2007, 05:40 PM
No but I wish I had :wink02: :cheers:
well then....GIT ER DONE!!!!!!

SteelShooter
03-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the advice and the recipe Shooter! The meat was already processed but I'll mention your suggestion to my friend.

The recipe sounds yummy. I'll be giving that one a try. :chef:

I made it right after I typed this.............Gawd! It was incredible!

SteelShooter
03-28-2007, 09:51 PM
How do you all keep them from kicking you when you eat them? I got a big bump on my forehead from a doe I chased down just as I got lock on her she kicked the crap out of me:dang: :banging:

:rofl: :heha: :rofl: :heha: :rofl: :heha: :busted: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :busted: :heha: :rofl: :heha: :rofl: :heha: :rofl:

SteelShooter
03-28-2007, 09:53 PM
well then....GIT ER DONE!!!!!!

:sofunny: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! :sofunny:

..................................Lord I apologize, for being with them pygmies and........ :wink02:

floodcitygirl
03-28-2007, 10:27 PM
I made it right after I typed this.............Gawd! It was incredible!And you didn't invite us????!!!!...And then came here to torment us???!!!!! :jawdrop:

SteelShooter
03-28-2007, 10:46 PM
And you didn't invite us????!!!!...And then came here to torment us???!!!!! :jawdrop:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm............ :dang: ...........Oooops? (does that work?) <innocent look>

ARKIESTEEL
04-05-2007, 02:14 PM
We once was hunting very close to a road useing a truck window as a rest (back when I was in high school)........ok we was spot lighting well any way we shot this huge buck I mean it was big......ok realy it was a doe well she went down and we all jumped out of the truck and took hold of her and threw her in the truck and down the road we go. Well I guess she (the doe) must have fainted cause I am sitting in the middle with the back glass open and I look back and she is sitting up looking at me thru the glass. I freak out my buddy who is driveing slams on the breaks the other buddy jumps out with a 9mm pistol and shoots the deer and the truck all full of holes. I think he fired 15 or so shots 4 hit the deer the other 11 went into the truck

Now boys and girls you should never drink and hunt, or drink and drive and hunt, or drink drive hunt and play with guns. Maybe when your drunk redneck freinds come over you should just stay home.

O to be young again
:jawdrop:

Preacher
04-14-2007, 12:17 AM
ARKIE... :jawdrop::jawdrop:

My cousin and uncle were out hunting moose. My uncle shoots a moose, drops it on the first shot. My cousin asks... should I shoot it again? Uncle: of course not. the Bleeping thing is shot.

when they were about 3 steps from the moose... they realized the bullet just hit the top of the shoulder. About that time, the moosed also realized it. right about then, the 900 plus pound bull moose stood up, and starting chasing my uncle through the forest... he was dodging over hills and around trees with the moose' antlers just a couple inches from his rear end!

Moral of the story... ALWAYS SHOOT TWICE!!

Stlrs4Life
04-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Sounds like we have our own little Rachel Ray on SF! fcg is some cook!

floodcitygirl
04-22-2007, 01:30 AM
Sounds like we have our own little Rachel Ray on SF! fcg is some cook!Thanks sweetie. I think it's just that I like to eat! :sofunny:

Stlrs4Life
04-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks sweetie. I think it's just that I like to eat! :sofunny:

Where do you put it all?

tony hipchest
04-25-2007, 06:57 PM
We once was hunting very close to a road useing a truck window as a rest (back when I was in high school)........ok we was spot lighting well any way we shot this huge buck I mean it was big......ok realy it was a doe well she went down and we all jumped out of the truck and took hold of her and threw her in the truck and down the road we go. Well I guess she (the doe) must have fainted cause I am sitting in the middle with the back glass open and I look back and she is sitting up looking at me thru the glass. I freak out my buddy who is driveing slams on the breaks the other buddy jumps out with a 9mm pistol and shoots the deer and the truck all full of holes. I think he fired 15 or so shots 4 hit the deer the other 11 went into the truck

Now boys and girls you should never drink and hunt, or drink and drive and hunt, or drink drive hunt and play with guns. Maybe when your drunk redneck freinds come over you should just stay home.

O to be young again
:jawdrop:lol

the 1st time i ever went poaching (for rabbit), was also the 1st time i went "boonie busting" and the 1st time i drank a whole beer and got drunk, and the 1st time i shot a shotgun, all in 1 night.

O to be in the 4th grade again. :sofunny: i sure hope this doesnt make me a redneck. ive always prided myself of being an anti-redneck. but being a desert rat, my neck has been burnt hundreds of times.

OMG! im a redneck!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :toofunny:

lamberts-lost-tooth
05-01-2007, 09:08 AM
lol

the 1st time i ever went poaching (for rabbit), was also the 1st time i went "boonie busting" and the 1st time i drank a whole beer and got drunk, and the 1st time i shot a shotgun, all in 1 night.

Drunk shotgun hunting for rabbits.....the #1 cause of puppy deaths!!!:nono:

rbryan
05-14-2007, 11:07 AM

O to be young again
:jawdrop:

You better hope Jack Lambert isn't monitoring this message board. Sounds like you broke enough laws to land in jail for a while.

Not sure if it was mentioned or not but we always grind the majority of our venison into hamburger and add about 1/3 bacon to the mix. Other than the tenderloin, venison tastes much better this way IMO.