PDA

View Full Version : Travelling Steeler fans?

Tim
12-17-2006, 04:56 PM
So, Enberg was making a big deal about all the "travelling" Steeler fans, about how Charlotte isn't that far of a drive, yadda, yadda, yadda, but let me tell you all that as a Carolina resident, there's already a ton of Steeler fans here, no travelling necessary.

Made me wonder.. do Steeler fans really travel to a lot of games or are we just everywhere across the country. I think it's the latter. I spent some time in the US Navy and everywhere I was stationed and everwhere I travelled to there seemed to be a Steeler bar or fan club.

The Raleigh Steeler fan club is pretty big. I stopped going to games with them when my Son was born, but they had a lot of members. I'm sure there are a good many fans who go to a lot of away games, but I think most of the people you see in the stands are Steeler fans who are already there.

touchdownward
12-17-2006, 06:33 PM
I think it's a little from column A and a lot from column B.
We're everywhere!!!! :tt02:

stillers4me
12-17-2006, 06:48 PM
The announcers are idiots...we're already there. The Steeler Nation lives in every city, in every state in the union. And then some.

Infamix
12-17-2006, 06:49 PM
Hey I know I travel! I live in New Jersey and have been to games in New York, Baltimore, Indianapolis and San Diego...never been to Heinz field though lol. When I went to those game, many of the Steelers fans I spoke with were from around the country or from Pittsburgh.

shevdog
12-17-2006, 06:59 PM
If you ever watched the special on NFL Network "Steeler'S Nation", it explains why the Steeler's fan base is so wide spread across the country. They say the Cowboys are "America's Team". The Steeler's fan base is much more strong across the country, even the world.

We are everywhere!

from a Steeler's fan in Philadelphia.

HometownGal
12-17-2006, 09:32 PM
Steelers fans aren't only nationwide, they're worldwide. While I was in Puerto Rico this past week, I saw several homes with Steelers flags either hanging from a flag pole or actually taped on their outside walls!!! :tt02: At the resort where we stayed, several of the valet employees asked me where I was from and when I told them Pittsburgh, the first words out of their mouths referenced the Steelers. :smile: It made me even prouder than I already am to be a Steelers fan! :banana:

We have a fan base unlike ANY other team in the NFL and that's a darned good feeling! :thumbsup:

83-Steelers-43
12-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Tim, we are represented all around the world. I've seen fans in England, Italy and Mexico. In France, none (go figure). IMO, it's a little of both. There are a ton Steeler fans in Pittsburgh who are not able to get tickets for the home games so they do in fact purchase tickets for away games and travel. That's what I would be doing if I didn't have season tickets.

MJ5150
12-18-2006, 11:13 AM
I travel to at least two Steeler road games every year.

-Mike

83-Steelers-43
12-18-2006, 11:17 AM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/0805sptscartoon-a.jpg