PDA

View Full Version : WHO's Gonna be there XMAS Eve?

nicesteel4life
12-17-2006, 08:24 PM
Just a Question, How many are going to be at Heinz Field Christmas Eve? Count me in for 2, me and my son from Florida...thought it would be a GREAT xmas gift! WAHOOOOOOOO! Go Steelers Beat the Rat Birds!:tt02: Any tailgating going on. It will be my sons first game!

melroseplace
12-17-2006, 08:26 PM
I'll be there :tt:

stillers4me
12-17-2006, 08:26 PM
I wish I could!!!

Hubby and I hope to go to a game on "hallowed ground" next year.......it will be our first!!

PAMillerGrrl83
12-17-2006, 08:28 PM
My fiance` and I will be there..I bought him a Porter jersey to wear.

Stlrs4Life
12-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Just a Question, How many are going to be at Heinz Field Christmas Eve? Count me in for 2, me and my son from Florida...thought it would be a GREAT xmas gift! WAHOOOOOOOO! Go Steelers Beat the Rat Birds!:tt02: Any tailgating going on. It will be my sons first game!

I'll be there, as usual. Look for my Tailgate thread in the Tailgating Forum tomorrow night.

Ward86XL
12-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Count me in!!!! I'm traveling back to my home town coming from Salt Lake City to go to this game and i got the tickets for free.. how could christmas get any better? haha

Lets Go Steelers!!!:helmet:

xxmagicmanxx
12-18-2006, 03:43 AM
I'll be there. Driving up from VA on the 23rd, game on the 24th, and then spending time with the family the 25th and 26th. Counting on a win to make this weekend completely enjoyable, all the way around. Section 126 (next to the visitor's tunnel) about 10 rows back. Bought 4 tickets for my grandpa, girlfriend, myself and a friend to go. $400 for a Christmas Eve game in the 'Burgh against the hated Ratbirds?! Definitley worth it. Would love to join in on some tailgating pregame but don't have a parking pass. Figure we will take the Gateway Clipper over to the stadium as we have done in the past.

Go Steelers!

83-Steelers-43
12-18-2006, 09:46 AM
As usual, I will be there.

With the way the weather has been around here this year, hopefully it's a little warmer than that Cleveland game.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-18-2006, 09:56 AM
I will be there as well.

iloveben7
12-18-2006, 06:05 PM
I almost won tickets to the game in a raffle but I lost!! I guess I already had my Steeler game this year and it was my first one and it was amazing!! It was the first game of the season!!

iloveben7
12-18-2006, 06:07 PM
My fiance` and I will be there..I bought him a Porter jersey to wear.
I love your sig!! Ben is so hot!!

ThatGuy246
12-18-2006, 07:10 PM
As hot as Ben may be, I had a quick, Heinz Field-related question that I was hoping someone could address. :wink02:

My father and I have been somewhat estranged from one another for a few years, though despite his Philadelphia roots, he's converted to a hardcore Steelers fan as a means by which he and I would have a common ground. He's had an historically awful few months lately, and since I'll be back in Pittsburgh for the holidays, I was thinking it'd be a great shared experience to buy a pair of tickets for the Ravens game tucked into a Steelers polo as an early Christmas present.

Herein lies my question: I have an opportunity to purchase two sets of tickets, one a few rows back in the first section off the 50, and the other in the "Club Level" a little bit offset from the 50 (from the seating diagram, it looks like they're right around the 40), both on the home sideline. My father is an older man of the corporate executive mold, who is very sedate despite his love of all things Pittsburgh-related. Does the so-called "Club Level" offer any amenities that might make it more desireable than closer seats? Namely, would there be any nearby TV monitors, or is it be in an enclosed area (he's only 54, but hasn't been of the best health lately, and I'm reluctant to put him in a position to be exposed late-December Pittsburgh weather for a prolonged period if I can avoid it, despite the apparent warm streak in the area).

Personally, I'd opt in a heartbeat for as close to the sideline as I can get, but I'm only 22 and would love to get rowdy with the regulars. But I want to try to maximize his enjoyment, and would happily opt for a more calm environment if the Club Level is actually more of a relaxed atmosphere. Any suggestions or insights that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated...admittedly, I've never been to a Steelers game at Heinz (I moved out of the area just before it was completed and rarely make it back since). This is really important to me, and I'd love if anyone could offer some suggestions that would make my ultimate decision a bit more clear...

Many thanks in advance, and a happy holidays & safe travels to all... Take care...

-DJ

Statik
12-18-2006, 09:07 PM
My wife and I, brother, his GF, Mom and Dad will be there from VA and Maryland

iloveben7
12-18-2006, 10:04 PM
As hot as Ben may be, I had a quick, Heinz Field-related question that I was hoping someone could address. :wink02:

My father and I have been somewhat estranged from one another for a few years, though despite his Philadelphia roots, he's converted to a hardcore Steelers fan as a means by which he and I would have a common ground. He's had an historically awful few months lately, and since I'll be back in Pittsburgh for the holidays, I was thinking it'd be a great shared experience to buy a pair of tickets for the Ravens game tucked into a Steelers polo as an early Christmas present.

Herein lies my question: I have an opportunity to purchase two sets of tickets, one a few rows back in the first section off the 50, and the other in the "Club Level" a little bit offset from the 50 (from the seating diagram, it looks like they're right around the 40), both on the home sideline. My father is an older man of the corporate executive mold, who is very sedate despite his love of all things Pittsburgh-related. Does the so-called "Club Level" offer any amenities that might make it more desireable than closer seats? Namely, would there be any nearby TV monitors, or is it be in an enclosed area (he's only 54, but hasn't been of the best health lately, and I'm reluctant to put him in a position to be exposed late-December Pittsburgh weather for a prolonged period if I can avoid it, despite the apparent warm streak in the area).

Personally, I'd opt in a heartbeat for as close to the sideline as I can get, but I'm only 22 and would love to get rowdy with the regulars. But I want to try to maximize his enjoyment, and would happily opt for a more calm environment if the Club Level is actually more of a relaxed atmosphere. Any suggestions or insights that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated...admittedly, I've never been to a Steelers game at Heinz (I moved out of the area just before it was completed and rarely make it back since). This is really important to me, and I'd love if anyone could offer some suggestions that would make my ultimate decision a bit more clear...

Many thanks in advance, and a happy holidays & safe travels to all... Take care...

-DJ
I would go with the Club Level Seats because it's heated and may be more comfortable, but I'm not sure!!

ThatGuy246
12-18-2006, 10:15 PM
That's all I needed! Many, many thanks...the Heinz Field site is vague, and I was hoping to hear from someone with some direct knowledge. I appreciate your time...

I lived in Italy and watched games with a local fan club there when we went on our streak last year, and I'm not going to miss a chance to watch first-hand a part of our second miraculous run in a row! I promised them then, even before we started streaking, that we were going all the way...I've since reassured them via e-mail that we've still got it, and can attest to the fact that there are at least thirty people in Bologna waiting to watch our destiny fulfilled ;)

Not to be sentimental, but my sister just got married, and as one of their songs stated, "this is the start of something good..."

-Deej =)

iloveben7
12-19-2006, 05:01 PM
You are very welcome!!