PDA

View Full Version : A Day In Bengaldom

floodcitygirl
12-17-2006, 10:16 PM
I thought I'd share a slice of life here in Cincy. Today as I was on my way to watch the game I came across 3 Bengal fans....adult men. They started giving me a "good natured" hard time about being a Steeler fan and how poorly my team is doing this year. I assured them that it was just a temporary setback and that I comfort myself with our 5 Lombardi's....that they shouldn't be too jealous as it can do ugly things to people. The response.......what's a Lombardi????? :jawdrop: When I realized that he wasn't kidding, I said "Yeah....that's what the Bengals haven't figured out yet either!!!" :toofunny:

After the game I was at a checkout counter in a local store. The salesperson asked about the button I was wearing on my jacket. It's a Polomalu button with a "tail" on it that is supposed to look like his hair. She asked if it was real. I just smiled assuming that she was kidding. She said "It is? How did you get it? How cool! That must have cost alot! Wow...you must be a real fan! Can I touch it?" She was deadpan serious! Stillers, who was with me, told her about the game where Troy got pulled down by the hair and I just said how amazing it is what you can get on EBay!!!! She was in awe. The guy in line in front of us literally rolled into the parking lot laughing! :grin:

stillers4me
12-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Now what would make you think that anyone in Sissynati but us Steeler fans would actually know what a Lombardi is???? :toofunny:

I laughed all over again telling hubby about that checkout girl........... :sofunny:

Stlrs4Life
12-17-2006, 10:55 PM
Glad yas had a good time, wish yas would have kicked those 2 adult men in the you know where.

floodcitygirl
12-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Glad yas had a good time, wish yas would have kicked those 2 adult men in the you know where.Nahhh! You just have to pity guys like that. I actually walked away laughing!!! :sofunny:

klick81
12-17-2006, 11:06 PM
Wow...they didn't know what a Lombardi is? I guess we shouldn't be surprised but...come on!

HometownGal
12-18-2006, 12:12 AM
LMAO!!! :toofunny: Betcha if you would've asked them what a shank and three hots and a cot are, their antennas would have gone up. :point:

X-Terminator
12-18-2006, 12:39 AM
:toofunny: :sofunny:

The next time some jabroni Bungles fan gets on here and runs his mouth, we should point them to this thread and Flood's post as a shining example of the bandwagon that is "Bengal Nation" :toofunny: :toofunny:

Preacher
12-18-2006, 01:21 AM
Sadly, I have spent enough time driving through cincy that I COMPLETELY beleive it.

tony hipchest
12-18-2006, 01:23 AM
:toofunny: :sofunny:

The next time some jabroni Bungles fan gets on here and runs his mouth, we should point them to this thread and Flood's post as a shining example of the bandwagon that is "Bengal Nation" :toofunny: :toofunny:i was gonna direct bengalbrian to this thread, but then i realized he was probably the checkout girl in question.

floodcitygirl
12-18-2006, 08:07 AM
i was gonna direct bengalbrian to this thread, but then i realized he was probably the checkout girl in question.Hmmmm....now that I think about it....."she" did have a shadow poking thru.....and it was around 5......:tap:

skidboot
12-19-2006, 06:48 PM
Glad yas had a good time, wish yas would have kicked those 2 adult men in the you know where.

in their Mangina's?

they are from Cincinnati afterall.

Preacher
12-27-2006, 02:17 AM
This thread is just too funny to let slide into oblivion.

Bengal fans not knowing what a Lombardi is!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-27-2006, 06:45 AM
LMAO!!! :toofunny: Betcha if you would've asked them what a shank and three hots and a cot are, their antennas would have gone up. :point:

tsk tsk HTG...in Cincy its not three hots and a cot ... its Water and Bread with a "Bengal Bed"...

steelerbackr4life
12-27-2006, 07:46 AM
Hmmmm....now that I think about it....."she" did have a shadow poking thru.....and it was around 5......:tap:

DID SHE HAVE AN ADAMS APPLE TOO ?

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-27-2006, 08:24 AM
This thread is just too funny to let slide into oblivion.

Bengal fans not knowing what a Lombardi is!!

Just to clear up some common Bengal misconceptions:

1) a Lombardi does no resurface ice rinks....that would be a "zamboni"

2) a Lombardi is not a type of rum....that would be "Bacardi"

3) a Lombardi is not a baked Italian sandwich...that would be "stromboli"

It is the trophy that you get if you are the best team in the NFL and win the Superbowl.