PDA

View Full Version : ANTHONY SMITH

Sith Lord
12-17-2006, 11:07 PM
Judging by your reaction to that pick I'd say you read your team's related websites to hear how sweet a play you made. Well read this....

WE DONT CONDUCT OUR BUSINESS LIKE THAT.
NICE PLAY SMITH, DONT EVER ****IN DO IT AGAIN.

stillers4me
12-17-2006, 11:14 PM
Give the kid a break.....he's had 2 picks in 2 games and he's rookie. We were winning bigtime and I'm sure he tasted Cowher's spit.....as well he should. I don't think he'll be tempted to do it again...........nice job, Anthony! :tt02:

Sith Lord
12-17-2006, 11:15 PM
Listen, I'll take the pick, but act like you've made them before, ya know?

floodcitygirl
12-17-2006, 11:18 PM
He should have run that ball for all it was worth...no doubt. As Stillers said, I'm sure he felt the wrath. Good catch....bad choice!

klick81
12-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Yep, he should have attempted to make something out of that pic, but for what it's worth, all of us at the Hooter's were LAUGHING OUR ASSES OFF!!! I bet that kid has one helluva sense of humor!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-18-2006, 12:52 AM
I was cracking up when LeBeau came running up behind him and smacked him up the back of the head. I just love this kid but I doubt we're going to see him doing another dance anytime soon.

Preacher
12-18-2006, 12:58 AM
They SWITCHED THE GAME ON ME...

What did Anthony Smith do????

klick81
12-18-2006, 01:31 AM
LOL...i'm hoping someone can find a clip of it. He got a pick, but instead of trying to find a lane to run through, he decided to high-step for about 10 yards before going out of bounds.

He honestly had me wondering if he was around the 10 yard line with no defenders in front of him, but he was actually at around the 30/40 i think. Stupid rookie thing to do, but it was funny as hell afterwards (wouldn't have been so funny if we were losing of course).

Preacher
12-18-2006, 01:33 AM
Okay... I saw the play on the NFL channel.. ROTFL...

He WONT do that again!! He got SMACKED on the back of the head by Dick Lebeau.. then got a speaking too by Cowher. This is HILARIOUS.

Now that Lebeau straightened that out... let's see what Smith does!

klick81
12-18-2006, 03:13 AM
Looks promising :smile:

Preacher
12-18-2006, 03:15 AM
Klick...

What thread is your sig from?

klick81
12-18-2006, 03:27 AM
Klick...

What thread is your sig from?

Hehe...here you go:

http://steelersfever.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13278

Preacher
12-18-2006, 04:17 AM
That is hilarious....

Of course... I am realizing that I may have to open a virtual pastoral office for certain people on this site.... AHEM :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
12-18-2006, 09:56 AM
Sith Lord, I'm with you. IMO, it was a bad decision on his part. Classless. On top of that, he had more room to run. If he wasn't doing his little "whateverinthehellitwas" he could have picked up more yards. I'm happy for the kid but if you must celebrate do it AFTER the play on the sidelines. He should also keep in mind that for the majority of the season we were on the other side of that play.

Hopefully Lebeau put him in his place and he learned from that experience.

HometownGal
12-18-2006, 10:08 AM
I really like this kid and the level of play he has added to the Steelers D. He got a bit over-excited with that pick and had a rookie brain fart -as Cowher said in his post-game interview, it won't happen again.

clevestinks
12-18-2006, 10:49 AM
I understand what he did was wrong, especially in a blowout. But I`ve seen other players get a little wild in thier celebrations. Diving rolls in the endzone, dances etc. He is still a kid, he needed a talking too, now its over, But great catch.

Sharkissle29
12-18-2006, 12:51 PM
if anyone has a video it would be appreciated...i didnt get the game on in chicago

RunWillieRun
12-18-2006, 12:59 PM
if anyone has a video it would be appreciated...i didnt get the game on in chicago

Couldn't find a clip of it, but here is a picture of what he did. He caught the ball and scampered about 15yrds (maybe?) like you see in the pic below and stepped out of bounds.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/photo?photoId=1387392&team=pit

klick81
12-18-2006, 01:05 PM
OMG, LOOK AT HIS FACE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sharkissle29
12-18-2006, 01:25 PM
OMG, LOOK AT HIS FACE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

hahaha thats classic

83-Steelers-43
12-18-2006, 02:13 PM

If you have comcast ondemand, you can watch a 15 minute Steeler game clip (shows important plays TD's, INT's, sacks etc. etc.) and they have the Smith play and a glimpse of LeBeau reaming him out.

sumo
12-18-2006, 02:23 PM
LeBeau really ran him down - it looked like he was gonna make the getaway - but LeBeau caught him and let him have it - I think they (LeBeau and Cowher) overreacted - all you need to say is "nice pick but show some class next time.." he's the only guy back there agressively attacking the ball when it's in the air ...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-18-2006, 02:39 PM
LeBeau really ran him down - it looked like he was gonna make the getaway - but LeBeau caught him and let him have it - I think they (LeBeau and Cowher) overreacted - all you need to say is "nice pick but show some class next time.." he's the only guy back there agressively attacking the ball when it's in the air ...

Agree agree agree. You're totally right Smith is really the only one that agressively attacks the ball when its in the air. I think this kid is really going to be a very good football player.

Preacher
12-18-2006, 05:46 PM

I was actually VERY happy to see the reeming out. It showed emotion on the team. A quiet talking too sometimes doesn't work.

However, he is ABSOLUTELY OUR FUTURE! I am SO excited about him and Troy in our backfield!

83-Steelers-43
12-18-2006, 06:12 PM
I was actually VERY happy to see the reeming out. It showed emotion on the team. A quiet talking too sometimes doesn't work.

I agree 100%. This is a rookie we are talking about. Other rookies on this team will see how you (coaching staff) treat/react to a stupid decision such as the one Smith made yesterday. How did they react? They gave him a little kick in the culo.

When these type of incidents occur over and over and over again what are you supposed to do? Sit down Indian style, light scented candles, hold hands and talk it out? Please.

If you don't want to be embarrassed, don't do what you did yesterday. Take it as a lesson learned and don't do it again. But I have no problem with the way it was handled. It's about time.

stillers4me
12-18-2006, 06:23 PM
If that's the worst mistake he makes as a rookie, I can live with it. Nice job, kid!!

tony hipchest
12-18-2006, 06:30 PM
what are you supposed to do? Sit down Indian style, light scented candles, hold hands and talk it out? Please.

.:sofunny: i dont think they had any penalties yesterday so maybe the message (and the focus) is finally setting in. probably too little, too late but its better than watching the team unravel.

83-Steelers-43
12-18-2006, 06:33 PM
i dont think they had any penalties yesterday

James Harrison, defensive offsides in the 4th quarter. :wink02:

tony hipchest
12-18-2006, 06:37 PM
James Harrison, defensive offsides in the 4th quarter. :wink02:just one then? i'll take it. especially from the guy who will just tell cowher "shit happens". :chuckle: