PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis must win tonight...for more than one reason

Infamix
12-18-2006, 08:55 AM
Yes, the first one that pops into mind is to help our long-shot playoff chances. We need the Bengals to lose tonight...but there is another factor. We all know McNair handles the Steelers every time wether he is on the Titans or the Ravens. McNair got injured against the Browns (puncture/cut on the throwing hand) and is questionable for Sunday's matchup against the Steelers, BUT, if the Colts win tonight, the Ravens clinch the division and will most likely rest McNair against the Steelers. Like it or not, McNair does add a dimension to the Ravens offense. If Boller is in against us on Sunday, I like our chances alot more.

RunWillieRun
12-18-2006, 09:15 AM
If Boller is in against us on Sunday, I like our chances alot more.

Our D will be salivating if Boller is in on Sunday!! I'm calling it now...9 picks!! :sofunny:

HometownGal
12-18-2006, 09:21 AM
I'm not taking Boller lightly after his performance yesterday against the Browns. He threw for over 230 yards and had 2 TD passes - one of 77 yards. I know, I know - it was against the Browns, but I'm relatively sure Boller wants his starting job back and is going to give it everything he's got against the Steelers. Maybe a fluke, but maybe not. Be careful what you wish for. :smile:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-18-2006, 09:26 AM
I'm not taking Boller lightly after his performance yesterday against the Browns. He threw for over 230 yards and had 2 TD passes - one of 77 yards. I know, I know - it was against the Browns, but I'm relatively sure Boller wants his starting job back and is going to give it everything he's got against the Steelers. Maybe a fluke, but maybe not. Be careful what you wish for. :smile:

Hometown I agree Boller would like to be the starter again and he probally will be pumped up to play Sunday. But I still would rather want Boller to start instead of McNair. Steve McNair has always been a Steelers killer. But I also would want the Ravens at full strength. But I will be at the game this Sunday so I hope to see either McNair or Boller killed by the Steelers defense.:tt02:

klick81
12-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I seriously doubt they'll sit McNair...I think they're out to sweep us. It's not every year that they get to do that.

ajs8207
12-18-2006, 11:29 AM
If our defense plays as well as it has the last three games, I dont think it matters who they have at qb. We should be able to shut them down.

Infamix
12-18-2006, 11:33 AM
I seriously doubt they'll sit McNair...I think they're out to sweep us. It's not every year that they get to do that.

Is sweeping us more important than McNair's throwing hand in the playoffs?

clevestinks
12-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Whatever the reasons, go Indy, although I dont care for manning.

Justin Otstott
12-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Indy should win....

klick81
12-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Is sweeping us more important than McNair's throwing hand in the playoffs?

From what i've heard, the injury is not bad at all. May be wrong though.

Indy_Steelers
12-18-2006, 12:27 PM
It is win/win situation for me.
1)If the Colts win, it is good for the Steelers playoff hopes. I do like the thought that if Cincy Loses McNair might rest against the Steelers.

2) I do not much care for the Colts living here in Indy. The Colts would probably fall to the 3 seed in the playoffs and miss the SB again. That would make the win against them last year even bigger and sweeter.

aburdell
12-18-2006, 02:12 PM
As much as I am going to hate this I have to root for the colts tonight. even though their offense is way overrated, manning cant win the big one, their defense is terrible without bob sanders, dwight freeny is little and cant rush the passer cuz tackles just throw him down this year, dungy is an average coach, their recievers are soft. but on the bright side some of mannings commercials are funny. so I'm gonna need some drinks to cheer for them tonight

Godfather
12-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Ratbirds would still be fighting for a first round bye, so I don't see them sitting McNair either way.

stillers4me
12-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Tonight's the night that Peyton can prove to me that he truely is the football god's gift to mankind. :wink02:

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-18-2006, 05:03 PM
I don't see them resting McNair either. The Ratbirds are looking for the 2 seed,and the first round bye.

Hines0wnz
12-18-2006, 11:03 PM
Easy Colt win...34-16.

:yawn:

james203
12-18-2006, 11:26 PM
according to nfl.com mcnair will be starting in pitts.mcnair has always played good against the steelers and i dont understand why.i sure hope that changes this sun.at least the game is in pittsburgh.

HometownGal
12-18-2006, 11:26 PM
THANK YOU COLTS!! (Especially Peytune, Marvin and Dwight Freeney!) Chris Berman said just a little while ago that he thinks either the Bills or the Steelers will get a wild card spot. :tt02:

WE'RE STILL ALIVE!!! :tt02: :tt02:

Preacher
12-18-2006, 11:29 PM
The fact is, for all intents and purposes........

WE WERE OUT OF THE PLAYOFF RACE....

but hey... miracles do happen!

NV STEELERS 723
12-18-2006, 11:32 PM
This house was rooting for the Colts tonight!

Preacher
12-18-2006, 11:36 PM
This house was rooting for the Colts tonight!

I was too... but I was also wondering what the queezy feeling in my stomach was.

klick81
12-18-2006, 11:45 PM
THANK YOU COLTS!! (Especially Peytune, Marvin and Dwight Freeney!) Chris Berman said just a little while ago that he thinks either the Bills or the Steelers will get a wild card spot. :tt02:

WE'RE STILL ALIVE!!! :tt02: :tt02:

I BELIEVE. :tt02:

Preacher
12-19-2006, 12:13 AM
I BELIEVE. :tt02:

We are still alive......... BARELY... but hey, we still have life!

stillers4me
12-19-2006, 05:12 AM
There's a faint pulse...........wow......That was a Terrible Towel-worthy game last nignt!! Mine got put to good use!!

Infamix
12-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Actually I was mistaken. If the Bengals won, we could have also root for them to win against Denver and for us to grab the second wild-card.

HometownGal
12-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Actually I was mistaken. If the Bengals won, we could have also root for them to win against Denver and for us to grab the second wild-card.

I like it much better this way, Infamix. It's hard as hell to win up there in Denver, especially in the winter months. Add on the altitude problems and it's pure hell to survive in that stadium. I know the Steelers did it last season, but we're talking about the Bungles here - LOL! I think it's time for a blizzard in Denver on Sunday - what do ya think? :tt02:

Infamix
12-19-2006, 06:57 AM
I like it much better this way, Infamix. It's hard as hell to win up there in Denver, especially in the winter months. Add on the altitude problems and it's pure hell to survive in that stadium. I know the Steelers did it last season, but we're talking about the Bungles here - LOL! I think it's time for a blizzard in Denver on Sunday - what do ya think? :tt02:

lol your right Hometowngal, I like it this way better too. I'm just hoping the Broncos O can get it going because the Bengals will probably put up points.

clevestinks
12-19-2006, 10:45 AM
cicnci lost and they were exposed for thier weak defense. Lets roll.