PDA

View Full Version : What must happen for the Steelers to get into the playoffs-

iloveben7
12-18-2006, 06:00 PM
I know a miracle has to happen for the Steelers to get into the playoffs, but don't give up on them just yet-look at last year. I saw this on Channel 4 News yesterday after the results of all the games.
In order for the Steelers to go to the playoffs:
-Steelers must win out
-Bengals, Jaguars and Jets must lose out
-Chiefs must lose net game, but beat Jacksonville
-Titans and Bills must lose at least one game

Infamix
12-18-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't think the Jets have to lose out, but I'm not exactly sure. I know they definitely have to lose one.

83-Steelers-43
12-18-2006, 06:07 PM
At this point I'm almost scared to give my answer/opinion....lol.

iloveben7
12-18-2006, 06:13 PM
I don't think the Jets have to lose out, but I'm not exactly sure. I know they definitely have to lose one.
Yeah I don't think they have to lose out either, but I got this from the news and they aren't always right. Last sunday they said 3 wildcard teams made the playoffs and I was like you idiots!!

PalmerSteel
12-18-2006, 06:27 PM
If I understand it right here's what we need ...

1) Win out (obvious)

2) The Jets to lose to Miami or Oakland (this gives us a tie-break win over the Jets, I believe on opponent winning % - we would have equal records and the same conference record, but our opponent winning % is stronger)

3) Buffalo to lose one of its remaining two games (they have a better conference record than us - fortunately one of those games is against Baltimore who is STILL motivated; the other game they have is against Tennesee who is apparently very tough - I believe we also beat Tennesee on opp. winning %)

4) Two of the following three teams to finish 8-8 (Denver, Cincinnati, Jacksonville). If Cincy loses tonight then we are left with three options of teams finishing 8-8, instead of two options of teams finishing 8-8. Because Cincy plays Denver next week, a Cincy loss tonight means that we would be able to tolerate a Cincy win OR a Cincy loss next week. Whereas if Cincy wins tonight, we could tolerate ONLY a Cincy win next week.

Basically, if Jacksonville wins one of two, we're pretty much out since then we need Cincy to lose tonight and Denver/Cincy would have to tie which is very unlikely.

GOTTA KEEP THE FAITH!

Stillers#1
12-18-2006, 08:18 PM

The Jets are 8-6 and I am pretty sure they hold the Conference tie-break with us right now. So yes, they need to lose their last two.

Preacher
12-18-2006, 08:20 PM
Hopefully we can do it!

james203
12-18-2006, 08:59 PM
the odds are against the steelers.the jets last 2 games are dolphins & raiders.now the jags last 2 games are tougher.they play new england & then kc @ arrowhead stadium.no matter what a steeler win the next 2 sundays sure would be nice.i despise the ravens & bengals.the bengals are playing good tonite in indy.its a good game.

iloveben7
12-18-2006, 10:12 PM
for the Steelers to first make the playoffs and then win the Superbowl again!! A lot of miracles have to happen, but the Steelers are made of miracles-just look at last year!!
Please Santa!! I've been really good!!

PAMillerGrrl83
12-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Ben IS the miracle of the Steelers, its a miracle the man is alive.

ChronoCross
12-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Best thing could happen is Jags loose out, Jets and Buffalo take a loss each over the next two weeks. Denver beats Bengals. We beat Bengals were in. That would give Denver #5 seed and us #6 seed.

Say Bengals win over Denver, we then need denver to loose out, jags to loose out, Jets and Buffalo to each take a loss. That would give Bengals #5 and us #6 seed.

It is possible for the mighty afc north to have 3 teams in the playoffs this year. unreal.

There is more scenarios you can go thru. But why beat the bush. Lets see if we can win this coming weekend and see what unfolds with jags and bengals. The last week could be nail biting the whole weekend.

Have a nice Xmas and may it rain Black N Gold all over the Purple.

ThatGuy246
12-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Definition of a die-hard! ABC local news just announced that it's a "1% chance" that we even make the post-season...if there's any team that can take a 1% chance and turn it into a Lombardi, it's the Stillers...

Here's to the coaching squad, the team, and the support staff and not one of them giving up...even if we don't make the postseason, it's the tremendous display of the entire City of Pittsburgh's character...my career may have taken me elsewhere, but I will always be incredibly proud of my Pittsburgh roots...how can anyone not? We're the City of Champions...

ThatGuy246
12-18-2006, 10:44 PM
PalmerSteel & ChronoCross, I've been looking at it today and discussing it with Stillers fans who are much more intelligent than I am, and I believe both of you are correct. We hold the tie-breaker over the Jets due to strength of victory, so we need the Bengals to lose out (part of which is currently happening), the Jags to lose out, and Denver to lose one...

It's an outside shot, but the whole spiel that our Stillers "aren't mathematically eliminated" seems to be a lot better chance than a lot of people are giving us credit for.

Here's to us defying expectations...AGAIN!

-DJ

james203
12-18-2006, 10:54 PM
YESSSS ..bengals lost & now they are 8-6.they play denver in denver next week.jets play @ miami.so their is still hope.steelers gotta win this sun & i sure hope they can contain mcnair.its going to be a intresting week 15.

A.M.
12-18-2006, 11:04 PM
YES YES THE BENGALS LOST! I tell you what the Steelers got a lot of help this weekend, lets keep it going baby! Theres still a chance man, theres still a chance!:tt02:

fansince'76
12-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Regardless of what happens, I am just happy the team is playing decent again instead of turning the ball over 5 or 6 times a game.

Preacher
12-19-2006, 12:52 AM
Regardless of what happens, I am just happy the team is playing decent again instead of turning the ball over 5 or 6 times a game.

Yep

ChronoCross
12-19-2006, 01:31 AM
Got one present. We won the 7 game which keeps Denver as the worst team that has went on a SB high still.

Denver to beat Bengals
Miami to beat Jets
Jags to loose
Titans beat the bills

I am not asking much. Then play the new 360 I bought for the kids. PS2 broke awhile back so ive been without madden for a bit..

Merry Xmas.

james203
12-19-2006, 02:51 AM
checkout..playoffstatus.com.click on nfl & then afc.its intresting.

iloveben7
12-19-2006, 05:14 PM
YAY the Bengals lost!!

Stillers43
12-19-2006, 05:39 PM
The chances of everything happening are very slim, but as some others said if there is one team that can pull off a miracle, it's the STEELERS! Let's go get us another SB from the 6th seed!

clevestinks
12-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Another ridiculous poll? Nobody knows for sure, we all hope that the Steelers will make! I like poll, but some make no sense.

Stilliz
12-20-2006, 05:57 PM
You like poll ehhh... hehe. I like tang myself.

The planets are moving into position.... keep your fingers crossed the last two weeks.