PDA

View Full Version : New Guy From Ky

Dawson63
12-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Hello Steeler Fans!!!

Wish I would have found these boards earlier in the season!!! Oh well, now I know!...

I am a long time Steeler Fan from Ky. Never had another team that I have cheered for.
My Username is a big hint as to why I am such a huge Steeler fan. I am from KY and back in 1988 when I was an impressionable 11 year old my mom worked with Dermontti Dawsons mother in Versailles Ky. They were and still are good friends.

Dermontti as most of you might know played football for the University of Ky. So with them working together, I of course got the chance to meet him, which was really cool. And then I had sort of a Mean Joe Greene coke commercial moment. One day, out of the blue....my mom comes home with something for me from Dermontti...it was his white away jersey that he wore for the University of Ky Wildcat Football team on which he was a starting guard. That was the coolest thing in the world to me.

And then as we all know, he was drafted in 1988 by the Steelers. So from that point on I was a full time member of the Steeler Nation! And I have stuck with them through thick and thin, and always will. Growing up I got to go to his house a few times in Jessamine County, and visit with him...got to go to games in Cincy and Tennessee and even got to sit with the Steeler families back in the day at Riverfront stadium. Even rode down with his family and went out to eat with him and them when I was a kid.

I am now turning 30 this Friday and will be celebrating 19 years as a Steeler Fan!:tt02: :thumbsup: Can't wait to shoot the breeze with you guys

floodcitygirl
12-19-2006, 09:26 AM
Welcome to SF, Dawson! Hope you enjoy!!!!! :smile:

SteelerFanInCA
12-19-2006, 10:36 AM
Great story. Welcome to the site.

HometownGal
12-19-2006, 12:44 PM
Hiya Dawson63 and welcome to SF! :smile: :tt02: :wave: I enjoyed reading your post - what a totally cool gesture by Dermontti!

Happy Birthday to you and best wishes for many more! :party: :celebrate

Big D
12-19-2006, 12:54 PM
welcome to the forum

SteelShooter
12-31-2006, 10:14 AM
Awesome story! Thank you for sharing. Ok, now for the traditional:

Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome ....................and did I say "Hey There!" :whatnow:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-31-2006, 12:14 PM
excellent story Dawson..and I have to say..those who are joining at this point in the season are going to be primarily true fans..knowing that the season ends..and looking for a "fix"

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2006, 12:25 PM
Welcome to steelers fever man.

kyflash15
01-01-2007, 04:41 PM
welcome man i'm from ky too lexington! his mom was the nurse at my middle school here

Justin Otstott
01-02-2007, 03:46 PM
welcome to SF!

In Cowher We Trust
01-07-2007, 09:23 AM
welcome to sf