PDA

View Full Version : Three losses that are haunting us

Eztarget
12-19-2006, 10:33 AM
To me the three loses that are haunting us right now are:

1. The Cincy loss. Leading late in the game a muffed punt gift wrapped a TD for Cincy.

2. The Raiders loss. Our D hold the Raiders (probably the WORSE team in the league this season) to under 98 TOTAL yards but Ben gift wraps two TD's in the form of INT's.

3. The Atlanta OT loss. The horrible false start penalty.

Those three games are the difference between 10-4 and 7-7. Had we just executed basic football in those games this weeks game would be for the division lead and not a slim pray for a wildcard.

clevestinks
12-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Nothing we can do now! But your points are all valid ones. Just one of these games back at we are sitting pretty. When we lost to the waiders i was even quetioning whether or not we deserve to be in the playoffs.

tony hipchest
12-19-2006, 11:15 AM
3 losses by a grand total of 18 points. a total of 12 turnovers. usually when you turn the ball over 4 times a game youre losing by much more. the fact that we were still in all those games despite our f- ups is what is sickenning.

8 int's vs. the jags, chargers, and broncos didnt help much either.

oh well. at least they are problems that can be fixed and we will fly under the radar as everyone picks this years division winners to win the divisions again next season. we seem to do fine when written off.

Big D
12-19-2006, 11:19 AM
My list would be:

1. The Raiders game

2. The Raiders game

3. The Raiders game

4. THERE IS NO FOUR.

I agree! i'm still feeling the pain from the raider loss

Godfather
12-19-2006, 11:22 AM
I'd say the top three are Cincy, Jax, and Denver, because those are the three that are killing us in the tiebreakers.

Other thing killing us is the random drawing held after the 1969 season that sent us, Cleveland, and the Colts to the AFC. If we were in the NFC we'd be in a much better position right now.

MJ5150
12-19-2006, 11:31 AM
I agree! i'm still feeling the pain from the raider loss

Indeed. I went to that game, it was soooo frustrating to sit in that stadium and watch that game.

If we do miss the playoffs, I'll be doing this all off season..... :banging: :banging:

-Mike

fansince'76
12-19-2006, 11:37 AM
To me the three loses that are haunting us right now are:

3. The Atlanta OT loss. The horrible false start penalty.

Not to mention making a RB who masquerades as a QB look like Dan Marino.

clevestinks
12-19-2006, 11:56 AM
My list would be:

1. The Raiders game

2. The Raiders game

3. The Raiders game

4. THERE IS NO FOUR.

This was terrible, I had a bad feeling that morning when I got up!

ajs8207
12-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Not to mention making a RB who masquerades as a QB look like Dan Marino.

That defensive performance was awful. We made a QB with NO accuracy look like Peyton Manning.

83-Steelers-43
12-19-2006, 01:11 PM
The Raiders game was the one that hurt the most. That was our low point in this pathetic season in my opinion.

Atlanta Dan
12-19-2006, 01:19 PM
I'd say the top three are Cincy, Jax, and Denver, because those are the three that are killing us in the tiebreakers.

Other thing killing us is the random drawing held after the 1969 season that sent us, Cleveland, and the Colts to the AFC. If we were in the NFC we'd be in a much better position right now.

The Jax loss was to a team that plays very well at home so that stuff will happen.

The Atlanta loss was frustrating because the Steelers had them on the ropes up 17-7 when Ben & Hartings screwed up the center snap midway through the 2nd Q but that also was to a .500 team on the raod and those losses are not unexpected.

As for three that really hurt:

The Raiders loss was an unacceptable loss to a terrible team (why was Ben playing?/cannot punch it in with 1st & goal on the 1/two INTs returned for touchdowns).

Add to the Raiders loss the Bengals home loss (Coclough being an accident waiting to happen/end zone INT with chance to up 14-0)

Finally, the Denver home loss to hit 2-6 was rock bottom (more turnovers and Ike gets torched). At that point I was thinking a 5-11 season.

Win 2 of those 3 and the Steelers are 9-5. It onbviously is too bad they will sit home in Janaury but they dug their own grave, which they know. Looking forward to ending the Bengals season on New Year's Eve.

Preacher
12-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Let's just say there are a NUMBER of games that we should have won. However, with ALL that has happened to this team this year, I am happy that we are where we are. Let us not forget, at one time, we were actually 2-6.

MJ5150
12-19-2006, 01:25 PM
The Raiders loss was an unacceptable loss to a terrible team (why was Ben playing?/cannot punch it in with 1st & goal on the 1/two INTs returned for touchdowns).

OK...OK....OK....stop it! Must I relive those images in my head yet again???

:smile: :smile:

-Mike