PDA

View Full Version : Steelers lose three players to injuries

83-Steelers-43
12-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Steelers lose three players to injuries
Tuesday, December 19, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers lost three players to injuries in their 37-3 victory against Carolina Sunday, two of them who are finished for the season.

Veteran linebacker Chad Brown's career probably is over at age 36 after the MCL in his left knee was torn. He will go on injured reserve. Special teams player Chidi Iwuoma also is likely to join him on injured reserve after surgery to repair a dislocated wrist.

Starting right tackle Max Starks had surgery on his right knee to repair a meniscus, and that will prevent him from playing at least in the next game on Sunday against Baltimore.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06353/747308-100.stm

Atlanta Dan
12-19-2006, 01:54 PM
So we go with Essex at tackle?

I hate for anyone to get injured, but as was the case with injuries that got Smith, Holmes and Washington more playing time, if this is the only way to start trying out potential alternatives to Starks at RT (restricted FA - big push to sign him?) then so be it.

Sorry it had to end this way for Chad Brown.

83-Steelers-43
12-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah, not good news going into this game. Our right side was weak as hell to begin with, now we have Essex in there.

We get Chidi back and now Chidi is gone. Sams will have fun. Ouch.

As you stated Dan, at least we will get to see what Essex looks like. But that's about the only bright spot coming out of this story.

Preacher
12-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Steelers lose three players to injuries
Tuesday, December 19, 2006

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers lost three players to injuries in their 37-3 victory against Carolina Sunday, two of them who are finished for the season.

Veteran linebacker Chad Brown's career probably is over at age 36 after the MCL in his left knee was torn. He will go on injured reserve. Special teams player Chidi Iwuoma also is likely to join him on injured reserve after surgery to repair a dislocated wrist.

Starting right tackle Max Starks had surgery on his right knee to repair a meniscus, and that will prevent him from playing at least in the next game on Sunday against Baltimore.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06353/747308-100.stm

From a game perspective... Chidi is the only one I am worried about. Max was somewhat a sieve this year.

However, I wish all of them a full recovery, and it was great to see Chad back in Steeler Black and Gold.

83-Steelers-43
12-19-2006, 02:13 PM
After watching Starks against the Ravens in our last meeting, knowing Essex will be in there scares me even more.

Although, I'll give Starks credit for keeping Mr. Peppers on a leash this past Sunday.

Atlanta Dan
12-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Yeah, not good news going into this game. Our right side was weak as hell to begin with, now we have Essex in there.

As you stated Dan, at least we will get to see what Essex looks like. But that's about the only bright spot coming out of this story.

If Sams can run back kicks on us with a busted ankle our special teams are even worse than I thought :)

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-19-2006, 03:10 PM
That sucks! I thought Chidi played a pretty good game last week, and Essex is a turnstile. At least he was the last time he played.

83-Steelers-43
12-19-2006, 04:09 PM
If Sams can run back kicks on us with a busted ankle our special teams are even worse than I thought :)

Okay, so I take it he's out.

Good news.

SteelerFanInCA
12-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Starks seems like he is always getting beat. It's time for someone to step up into that role.

Elvis
12-19-2006, 04:25 PM
Sorry to see Chidi and Chad get hurt, even though it is time for Chad to say good bye anyway. As far as Max Starks is concerned.. its time to find a replacement there as well...
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE..:wave:

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Starks seems like he is always getting beat. It's time for someone to step up into that role.I agree, but Essex isn't the answer.

ChronoCross
12-19-2006, 04:31 PM

B.J. Sams is out for the Ravens, he was put on IR a few games ago.

polamalufan43
12-19-2006, 04:54 PM
For some reason, I want to see Willie Colon in the starting line up this week. Sure, he is extremely inexperienced, but it seems like he might know what he is doing.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

SteelCityMan786
12-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Not Good. But I think we'll fight through it.

klick81
12-19-2006, 07:27 PM
Jeez...defenitely bad news. I feel bad for Brown, but i'm glad he got to play his last games with us. Chidi being out sucks, but hopefully he'll be back with us full force in the future.

Livinginthe past
12-20-2006, 02:52 AM
Chidi must have angered the Football Gods in a huge way!

First he gets cut from 3 different teams (or was it 2?) in a single season - then he gets IR'ed.

Weird.

NM

Atlanta Dan
12-20-2006, 08:04 AM
Chidi must have angered the Football Gods in a huge way!

First he gets cut from 3 different teams (or was it 2?) in a single season - then he gets IR'ed.

Weird.

NM

Not to mention that in 2005 he had a choice between joining the Steelers or Pats, went with the Pats for what was the more likely prospect of getting a SB ring, and then saw the Steelers win it.