PDA

View Full Version : 2007 NFL Pro Bowl Rosters

83-Steelers-43
12-19-2006, 03:24 PM
AFC: http://www.nfl.com/probowl/afc_roster

NFC: http://www.nfl.com/probowl/nfc_roster

polamalufan43
12-19-2006, 03:56 PM
I'm surprised Champ Bailey isn't on the list. All things considered I thought that he would be going. Anyways, Congrats to all who made it!

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

83-Steelers-43
12-19-2006, 03:59 PM
I'm surprised Champ Bailey isn't on the list.

Check again, he's on the list.

boLT fan
12-19-2006, 04:03 PM
w00t. Chargers tied the NFL record with 9

We should have 10 because Shaun Philips should definatly be there. :dang:

83-Steelers-43
12-19-2006, 04:31 PM
... and then back to 9 again because your linebacker's on steroids.

:toofunny: Ouch.

You didn't hear? It was seed oil. The guys a bum and a cheat. On that note, congrats to LT.

fansince'76
12-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Rivers AND Palmer over Brady? Sorry, wrong answer. I don't like Brady, but I think he is more deserving of going than those two.

tony hipchest
12-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Rivers AND Palmer over Brady? Sorry, wrong answer. I don't like Brady, but I think he is more deserving of going than those two.the reason the pats havent been playing well, as of late, is that they have no "disrespect card" to feed off of. the NFL obliged and gave them one.

tom brady doesnt like the pro bowl anyways and it always shows in his play. he doesnt even try. if im gonna watch it, id rather see someone try to make it entertaining rather than just go through the motions.

polamalufan43
12-19-2006, 08:32 PM
Check again, he's on the list.

Dang it, stupid site. I looked on this really crappy site and it's cheap:dang:

fansince'76
12-20-2006, 12:26 AM
the reason the pats havent been playing well, as of late, is that they have no "disrespect card" to feed off of. the NFL obliged and gave them one.

tom brady doesnt like the pro bowl anyways and it always shows in his play. he doesnt even try.

Brady's not the only star player to ever feel that way. I remember a direct quote of Bradshaw years ago saying he didn't like the Pro Bowl either. I find that hard to understand, especially these days. All they get is an all-expenses-paid trip to Hawaii, people kissing their asses everywhere they go when they get there, and a five-figure check just for showing up to it. And in a QB's case, the defense isn't allowed to blitz, not to mention that everyone is going at best 3/4 speed. What's not to like, especially for a QB?

Livinginthe past
12-20-2006, 01:42 AM
Brady's not the only star player to ever feel that way. I remember a direct quote of Bradshaw years ago saying he didn't like the Pro Bowl either. I find that hard to understand, especially these days. All they get is an all-expenses-paid trip to Hawaii, people kissing their asses everywhere they go when they get there, and a five-figure check just for showing up to it. And in a QB's case, the defense isn't allowed to blitz, not to mention that everyone is going at best 3/4 speed. What's not to like, especially for a QB?

Rivers and Palmer have both put up superior numbers to Brady this year.

As Tony Hipchest notes, Brady really doesn't care about the ProBowl - for my money all that can happen in them games is a bad thing like an injury so im not unhappy to see him unselected.

NM

Preacher
12-20-2006, 02:05 AM
I really don't care about the Probowl.

I am happy that a few of our players make it in, just because it is a recognition of what they did this year. But, I would almost prefer them not going for the reasons LITP mention.

fansince'76
12-20-2006, 02:42 AM
Rivers and Palmer have both put up superior numbers to Brady this year.

Actually at this point, Brady has 3055 yards passing with 22 TDs and 12 INTs to Rivers' 2976 yards with 18 TDs and 8 INTs.

As far as Palmer is concerned, the Patriots are currently 10-4 after Brady loses his #1 and #2 WRs in short order while the Bengals are at 8-6 as Palmer threw to the same WRs as last year.

I think a case can be made for Brady over both of these guys.

Livinginthe past
12-20-2006, 02:56 AM
Actually at this point, Brady has 3055 yards passing with 22 TDs and 12 INTs to Rivers' 2976 yards with 18 TDs and 8 INTs.

As far as Palmer is concerned, the Patriots are currently 10-4 after Brady loses his #1 and #2 WRs in short order while the Bengals are at 8-6 as Palmer threw to the same WRs as last year.

I think a case can be made for Brady over both of these guys.

You know what?

After the last couple of low yardage weeks from Brady I would have been sure that he had less yardage then Rivers - just goes to show what happens when you dont check your facts!

Good spot and thanks for the headsup!

As far as Probowls go there just seems to be different criteria than the factors you look at when judging the 'best QB' - Rivers has achieved alot in his 1st year as starter.

You certainly wont get any argument from me about the quality of Brady's work - he has never had what you might call an 'elite' receiving corps - last year he carried the team to the playoffs on his shoulders -with no running game and a beat up sieve-like defense.

Not only did he throw for a league leading 4110 yards but he also threw for 26 TD's and only 14 INT's.

Anyway, I agree that a strong case for Brady can be made over both Palmer and Rivers - some think that the NFL is somehow pro-Brady when in fact he has had to fight tooth and nail for every bit of recognition - unlike high draft picks Manning, Vick and Palmer.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Way to go Willie!!!!....But to be honest..Carson has NO business being there...He is not one of the top three. This is a classic example of how people place too much emphasis on "passer rating". But to be honest...I would still rather have Brady on my team than Palmer.

What Brady has done with minimal recieving talent FAR outways what Palmer has done with the talented thugs he has to throw to.

tony hipchest
12-20-2006, 09:16 AM
n. kaeding, s. merriman, and p. rivers made it to the pro bowl. the 3 picks traded for eli manning.

of course with the vick trade the chargers put LT in the pro bowl and draft d. brees (who also made the pro bowl) with their own 2nd pick rather than taking vick #1. could you imagine if brees didnt get hurt last year they couldve done a sign and trade, and probably gotten ANOTHER 1st rounder for him? now im not gonna call them the 2nd coming of the 90's cowboys but its definitely some of the best draft day manuvering since the vikings gave a ransom for herschel walker.

and just think, if the detroit lions had 2 #1 picks recently, theyd still have 2 busts for wr's who cant even take the field.

boLT fan
12-20-2006, 04:39 PM
First the total season numbers:

Completion Percentage
Rivers - 64.5%
Brady - 60.5%
Advantage: Rivers

Passing Yards
Rivers - 2879
Brady - 2946
Advantage: Brady (Although Brady has needed 47 more attempts to get those extra 67 yards)

Yards Per Attempt
Rivers - 7.52
Brady - 6.85

Yards Per Completion
Rivers - 11.66
Brady - 11.33

Touchdowns
Rivers - 18
Brady - 20
Advantage: Brady

Interceptions
Rivers - 6
Brady - 12
Advantage: Rivers (A huge difference-maker here, IMO)

QB Rating
Rivers - 96.3
Brady - 84.9

Now let's look at some of the best/worst performance numbers:

3 Best Games (As measured by QB Rating)
Rivers - W/L: 3-0 - 68/98 - 69.4% - 951 Yds - 7 TD - 0 INT - 124.1 QB Rating
Brady - W/L: 3-0 - 67/101 - 66.3% - 811 Yds - 10 TD - 1 INT - 119.7 QB Rating
(I did not include Rivers' first game against Oakland in this calculation even though his 133.9 rating was his second highest of the season because he only had 11 attempts in that game)

3 Worst Games (As measured by QB Rating)
Rivers - W/L: 1-2 - 52/96 - 54.2% - 544 Yds - 3 TD - 3 INT - 68.2 QB Rating
Brady - W/L: 1-2 - 47/89 - 52.8% - 499 Yds - 1 TD - 5 INT - 49.8 QB Rating

Games Below 60% Completion Percentage
Rivers - 4
Brady - 7

Games With 70% Or Higher Completion Percentage
Rivers - 4
Brady - 1

Games With 300 Or More Yards Passing
Rivers - 2
Brady - 3
Advantage: Brady

Games With Less Than 200 Yards Passing
Rivers - 4
Brady - 5

50+ Yard Passes
Rivers - 3
Brady - 1

Games With At Least 1 TD Pass
Rivers - 11
Brady - 10

Games With Multiple TD Passes
Rivers - 6
Brady - 6
Advantage: Even

Games With No Interceptions
Rivers - 8
Brady - 5

Games With Multiple Interceptions
Rivers - 1
Brady - 2

Games With A QB Rating Below 80
Rivers - 2
Brady - 5

Games With A QB Rating Below 90
Rivers - 4
Brady - 9

Games With A QB Rating Of 100 Or Higher
Rivers - 5
Brady - 3

Games With A QB Rating Of 120 Or Higher
Rivers - 3
Brady - 1

One of Brady's noted qualities is how "clutch" he is in critical games/situations. Now let's compare Rivers' and Brady's QB Ratings in several "clutch" categories (and a couple of other key comparison categories):

Situation-----------------------Rivers---------Brady--------Advantage
4th Q: +/- 3 pts.---------------107.5---------105.4--------Rivers
Last 2 Min. Of Half--------------102.8----------79.8--------Rivers
2nd Half------------------------104.8----------83.2--------Rivers
4th Qtr-------------------------122.0----------88.2--------Rivers
3rd Down------------------------96.1----------73.8--------Rivers
4th Down (Att)-----------------158.3 (5)------139.0 (7)----Rivers
When Behind---------------------96.4----------69.3--------Rivers
Opp 19-1 Ydline (Red Zone)------111.6---------104.9-------Rivers
Against the Blitz-----------------132.2----------81.8-------Rivers
vs. AFC--------------------------92.9----------76.3-------Rivers
vs. NFC-------------------------113.6---------101.7-------Rivers

Now let's look at the most important stat of all for any starting QB. This is something Brady's supporters often point to in his favor especially when compared with Peyton Manning - wins:

Rivers - 11-2 ; AFC West Champions ; Current 1st Seed In AFC
Brady - 9-4 ; 2 Game Lead In AFC East ; Current 4th Seed In AFC

Any questions? :coffee:

silver & black
12-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Nnamdi Asomugha should be on that list.

polamalufan43
12-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Way to go Willie!!!!....But to be honest..Carson has NO business being there...He is not one of the top three. This is a classic example of how people place too much emphasis on "passer rating". But to be honest...I would still rather have Brady on my team than Palmer.

What Brady has done with minimal recieving talent FAR outways what Palmer has done with the talented thugs he has to throw to.

I have to agree on that one. Altough I wouldn't want to see Brady on that list either.

CantStop85
12-20-2006, 10:35 PM
Way to go Willie!!!!....But to be honest..Carson has NO business being there...He is not one of the top three.
I believe he is...Manning, Brady, and Palmer...I think those are your top 3 in the AFC.

This is a classic example of how people place too much emphasis on "passer rating". But to be honest...I would still rather have Brady on my team than Palmer.
AFC Rankings: Palmer's #1 in passer rating, #2 in passing yardage, #2 in passing TD's, #2 in yards per game, #1 in yards per attempt, and #4 in completion percentage. Yeah, he doesn't deserve to be in the top 3.

What about the fact that Palmer has only 2 starting offensive linemen left (both being guards)? Palmer's been sacked 34 times this season, 10 times more than Tom Brady.

tony hipchest
12-20-2006, 11:11 PM
i'd have to say palmer and rivers deserve to be there, more than brady. as one who watches and enjoys the probowl, i hope brady gets his wishes and never goes. but the stats support the other 2.

brady has never really had great wr's. branch wasnt close to sniffing pro bowl type numbers this season (nor any other). watson was hyped up before the season as a gozalez/ gates type TE but unfortunately for him, the pats offense will never call for him to put up those type of numbers. pats are a "spread it around" offense that relies on 3 te's and 3 wr's as much as their wr corps, so bradys 2 missing wr's really shouldnt have been that big of a deal.

palmers was supposed to struggle because of his knee. rivers was supposed to stuggle because of his inexperience. brady was supposed to throw for 4000 yds, 27 td's and 10 int's because he is brady and BB is his coach. you can say brady underacheived and the other 2 overacheived.

if any of the 3 get injured and brady is selected as an alternate he will decline anyways. which is fine with me. id just as soon see big ben throwing passes to gates and harrison.

83-Steelers-43
12-28-2006, 07:39 AM
Taylor takes shot at rival Merriman for steroids
Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Associated Press

Miami Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor says the candidacy of his likely chief rival for NFL defensive player of the year, Shawne Merriman, was tainted by a four-game steroid suspension.

"You really shouldn't be able to fail a test like that and play in this league, to begin with," Taylor said yesterday. "To make the Pro Bowl and all the other awards, I think you're walking a fine line of sending the wrong message."

Merriman, who plays outside linebacker for the San Diego Chargers, has denied he's a steroid cheat and blamed his positive test on a tainted supplement.

"A performance-enhancing drug is, obviously, what it is," Taylor said. "You enhance your performance by doing that. You fail that test, I think it's not right, it's against the rules and ultimately I think it's sending the wrong message to the youth in America."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06362/749500-66.stm

Livinginthe past
12-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Good for Taylor.

Its great to see a respected pro speak out at the injustice of 'cheats getting ahead' - it does send the wrong message.

NM