PDA

View Full Version : Two things that piss me off

A.M.
12-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Now there are multiple things but these are the two:

1. If one more person compares a rookie that had one good game to Ben I'm gonna ****ing kill him. It's annoying as hell. Aaron Rodgers, Charlie Frye, Jay Cutler, BLAH BLAH BLAH. But Charlie was the one that pissed me off the most. His rookie year he did NOTHING! And on Sirius radio some dumb Browns fan said "Yeah so I think that Charlie is really having a Ben Roethlisberger type of season he's doing great!" Yeah after his 2 start? And look at him now! Now that Derrick Anderson is showing a bit of light every Browns fan gave up on Charlie. Charlie deserves a better team because I think that he could end up doing something in the league. He's one of the few browns that I actually respect other than Joe Jurevicious.

2. People now comparing this years teams to last years steelers: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! YOU CAN'T DO THAT! A season that like can never be duplicated, not even on film. The adversity they went through can not be compared by any other Superbowl team, other then maybe the Broncos with Elway.

Sorry but yeah what are your views on those two subjects?

Big D
12-19-2006, 06:39 PM
Now there are multiple things but these are the two:

1. If one more person compares a rookie that had one good game to Ben I'm gonna ****ing kill him. It's annoying as hell. Aaron Rodgers, Charlie Frye, Jay Cutler, BLAH BLAH BLAH. But Charlie was the one that pissed me off the most. His rookie year he did NOTHING! And on Sirius radio some dumb Browns fan said "Yeah so I think that Charlie is really having a Ben Roethlisberger type of season he's doing great!" Yeah after his 2 start? And look at him now! Now that Derrick Anderson is showing a bit of light every Browns fan gave up on Charlie. Charlie deserves a better team because I think that he could end up doing something in the league. He's one of the few browns that I actually respect other than Joe Jurevicious.

2. People now comparing this years teams to last years steelers: NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! YOU CAN'T DO THAT! A season that like can never be duplicated, not even on film. The adversity they went through can not be compared by any other Superbowl team, other then maybe the Broncos with Elway.

It's like this. Wish in one hand sh!t in another. Browns fans will wish until they turn blue in the face that derek anderson will be the next great thing. In actuality he will turn out like all the other clown qbs

clevestinks
12-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Ben was 15-1 there are no comparisons. Especially frye, ha ha ha

tony hipchest
12-19-2006, 09:38 PM
i definitely got sick of hearing m. lewis and bengal players suggesting they could be this years "pittsburgh steelers". ever since the wild card came about there are several teams each year that pretty much sneak or slide into the playoffs. now teams think a 4 game road winning streak is in store for anyone.

the steelers had a record run that isnt gonna be as easilly beaten as the rushing touchdowns records recently. however, what the steelers did is good for the nfl. it gives just about every team and their fans hope = interest = $$$$$.

nicesteel4life
12-19-2006, 10:40 PM
i definitely got sick of hearing m. lewis and bengal players suggesting they could be this years "pittsburgh steelers". ever since the wild card came about there are several teams each year that pretty much sneak or slide into the playoffs. now road winning streak is in store for anyone.
teams think a 4 game
the steelers had a record run that isnt gonna be as easilly beaten as the rushing touchdowns records recently. however, what the steelers did is good for the nfl. it gives just about every team and their fans hope = interest = $$$$$.

THAT IS SO TRUE! Specially the last sentence, What we did now makes the NFL more money. It is going to be very hard for anybody else to do what we did, except us again(christmas wish):tt02:

ChronoCross
12-19-2006, 11:37 PM
Well there would be one season you can compare to last if we would pull it off this year and do it again but thru tougher odds and fans giving up by the 4 game of the season. Fans doubting the whole team all year. I would say this year would go down in history as the best ever if it would pull off another miracle. And the team is still fighting for this to happen. Just maybe.

I would not get upset at someone trying to compare QBs to Big Ben, there all looking for the next Big Ben. No other QB in history has done what Big Ben has done in his first 2 years. And it will not be anytime soon that a QB comes along and does that.

Relax and enjoy. Still a few games left to maybe still prove people wrong.

SB High has hurt alot of teams and people have been waiting to take cheap shots at the steelers and they have had there 15secs now its time to show them who the real steelers are again.

HometownGal
12-20-2006, 06:58 AM

I don't think many people actually compare this year's team with last year's team on the surface - that would be a little foolish, but I think what they are comparing, me included, is the way both teams started streaking in the 2nd half of the season and got back to good ol' fashioned Steelers football.......run the ball, balance it with the passing attack, pressuring the QB and limiting opponents' yardage and visits to the endzone and being solid on ST's - the way they win best. :tt02:

Justin Otstott
12-20-2006, 07:25 AM
Everybody Wants To Be a Pittsburgh Steeler :)

BigDuke6
12-20-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm actually quite surprised that with the admitted "hate" the bengals have for the Steelers (especially palmer), that they would want to be compared to anything we do or did.

clevestinks
12-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Everybody Wants To Be a Pittsburgh Steeler :)

I know I do!

polamalufan43
12-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Well, If anyone starts comparing Ben to Frye, or a crash test dummy(Yes, I have heard this one before) then it will piss me off.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

clevestinks
12-20-2006, 06:12 PM
The MAC is all the had in common, thats it

ThatGuy246
12-21-2006, 12:03 AM
Eh, this really frustrated me when they announced the rosters, too. But, Parker really epitomized the Stillers philosophy a few weeks ago when he said something to the effect of the Pro Bowl being an individual accolade that would work itself out, while the post-season is a team accomplishment that was the true goal of the game and everyone in the Pittsburgh lockerroom.

We all have to respect that neither Roethlisberger himself nor the front office has really lobbied for Ben to get a bid to Hawaii. I don't know if this was a trait that predated his pro career or just something that the Rooneys & Co. instilled in him, but I'm thrilled with the character Ben routinely displays in accepting Pro Bowl snubs. I don't think anyone here will disagree that, even in this season, he deserves it far more than does Rivers, but I'm proud to stand behind a franchise that displays such humility and team-orientation. It's those type of guys that will ensure that we're at least threats year in and out.

-DJ