PDA

View Full Version : I know the Steelers are a very good team...BUT

Infamix
12-19-2006, 08:38 PM
The Ravens are better this year, and that's a fact. For us to win on Sunday, the offense really has to get it going early.

Our win against the Saints was a very good victory against a very good team.

Look at our wins after that, though.

We beat Cleveland twice. (second time a more convincing victory, but they did not have their starting QB)

We beat Tampa Bay (having an awful year with another backup qb but basically the 2006 starter)

We beat Carolina (another 2006 bust that also did not have their starting qb)

Do we really have what it takes to beat what seems like an unstoppable Ravens team? Don't forget about the monkey named McNair that stays on our back to this date.

The two pros going into this game are our short winning streak and our home field. Other than that.

With all that said here's my final score as a homer and an optimist:

Steelers: 20
Ratfinks (lol Hometowngal is that what you called them?): 16

Stlrs4Life
12-19-2006, 11:00 PM
Our OL has to show up! Which one will show up? The ones that we have had the past couple of weeks, orthe one that we hhad vs Baltisore the first time?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-19-2006, 11:04 PM
The Steelers can beat anybody when they bring their Agame. The key to the game is going to be the Steelers Oline vs the Ravens front 7. The Oline has to protect Ben better and open up consistent holes for Willie. If not it will be long day again for the Steelers.

slashsteel
12-19-2006, 11:06 PM
They played smarter football. And were better than us in our matchup. But it doesn't mean they are better or more talented.

Do we really have what it takes to beat what seems like an unstoppable Ravens team?

Unstoppable? LMFAO what games have you been watching. They had a lucky year many would argue. And they are hardly unstoppable. In fact I believe we will in fact win Sunday convincingly. Call it a gut feeling.

floodcitygirl
12-19-2006, 11:13 PM
Our OL has to show up! Which one will show up? The ones that we have had the past couple of weeks, orthe one that we hhad vs Baltisore the first time?Let's pray that it's the new boys in town because I don't think I can take watching Ben get a beating like he did again.

Infamix
12-20-2006, 08:07 AM
They played smarter football. And were better than us in our matchup. But it doesn't mean they are better or more talented.

Unstoppable? LMFAO what games have you been watching. They had a lucky year many would argue. And they are hardly unstoppable. In fact I believe we will in fact win Sunday convincingly. Call it a gut feeling.

I sure hope you are right, but I'm not sure that you watched the games either. They did get lucky against some opponents, but they are 11-2 and they beat us because of their defense raping our o-line.

jbattenhouse
12-20-2006, 08:42 AM
Well, the OL will be playing without their starting RT, which means either rookie Willie Colon or Trai Essex will be starting there. I don't look at this as a positive, but other rookies or backups have played the last few weeks and have performed admirably. Hopefully, this will be another case of that.

And while I do not think that the Ravens are unstoppable, their D is playing very good. The offense leaves something to be desired, but this same formula won them a SB in 2000. I would hope that we go with a no-huddle offense to start with to slow down the blitz and see where that takes us. It worked for Cincy.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-20-2006, 08:57 AM

Got to agree with you..they DO have an obvious weakness...18th overall rated offence...19th overall yards per game...and 23rd overall yards per play...

Knock this team back on their heels and they CANNOT play catch up ball

DACEB
12-20-2006, 09:57 AM
First off I'm going to go out on a limb and say whoever plays RT Grimm will have the Oline playing better than the last meeting.
Second, I don't think Balt. plays at the same level they played the first game.
I think Whiz will have a better scheme this time around, and our D will play with much more confidence.
You would have to think all the guys will be playing for possibly the last game The Chin coaches @ Heinz feild.
I personally would like to see Najeh run more and run with the size and power we expect him to display. This giving Willie a break and maybe softening up that D for the winning drive and score late in the game.
Steelers win 20 - 19

SteelerFanInCA
12-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Yes, I definitely agree that the O Line needs to play a ton better than they did last time against the ravens. We can't have Ben getting sacked that many times again. It will be interesting to see if Ben scrambles a little more this time around.

DarkRaven
12-20-2006, 11:40 AM

Well, I would agree we are certainly not unstoppable. However, it would be hard to argue that 11-3 teams are simply lucky. I think they read the Steelers blueprint to the SB this year. If the offense is struggling then the defense will find ways to score. If the offense needs better field position then special teams would help them. Finding ways to win is what good teams do. That is what the Steelers did last year and that is what the Ravens are doing now.

DarkRaven
12-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Well, the OL will be playing without their starting RT, which means either rookie Willie Colon or Trai Essex will be starting there. I don't look at this as a positive, but other rookies or backups have played the last few weeks and have performed admirably. Hopefully, this will be another case of that.

And while I do not think that the Ravens are unstoppable, their D is playing very good. The offense leaves something to be desired, but this same formula won them a SB in 2000. I would hope that we go with a no-huddle offense to start with to slow down the blitz and see where that takes us. It worked for Cincy.

Good point, Cincy's O-line stepped up against the Ravens on that Thursday night game. The Ravens defense got tired of being on the field for so long. I'm telling you, games are won at the line.

BigDuke6
12-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Well, I would agree we are certainly not unstoppable. However, it would be hard to argue that 11-3 teams are simply lucky. I think they read the Steelers blueprint to the SB this year. If the offense is struggling then the defense will find ways to score. If the offense needs better field position then special teams would help them. Finding ways to win is what good teams do. That is what the Steelers did last year and that is what the Ravens are doing now.

These a$$holes havent beaten anybody. Look at their sched. They beat Chargers back at beginning of Oct before the Chargers began to roll. Other than that its been vics against the likes of Oak, Clev, Bucs, BIG-FRIGGIN-WOOP !!!!!
These A$$HOLES are gone first round of the playoffs, second round if they get a bye.

ARKIESTEEL
12-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Ben needs to pass faster and get Willie to the outside. Jump on them fast and they will break.....The oline knows they got beat last time they will come to play this time.

Maybe another trick play or two could see a big bunch of Davenport up the middle to weaken the outside for Willie

Dan scores in this game you heard it here first

final
Steelers- 24
rats- 13

Payback is a female dog

DarkRaven
12-20-2006, 04:16 PM
These a$$holes havent beaten anybody. Look at their sched. They beat Chargers back at beginning of Oct before the Chargers began to roll. Other than that its been vics against the likes of Oak, Clev, Bucs, BIG-FRIGGIN-WOOP !!!!!
These A$$HOLES are gone first round of the playoffs, second round if they get a bye.

The Ravens have played the same teams you guys have played besides Miami and Jacksonville. Miami is awful and Jacksonville is inconsistent, if anything the Steelers had an easier schedule then the Ravens. The schedule argument is a poor excuse. Come on, be fair. They have beat 5 teams with winning records this season. Not to mention they had to go into Kansas city and beat a team that hasn't loss at home in a decade.

I have taken off my purple shades every time we play the Steelers. Just like Brian Billick said earlier this week, "The Steelers are one of the most talented teams across the board on offense, defense, and special teams". And the Ravens still believe that. We throw out records every time we face you guys.

NV STEELERS 723
12-20-2006, 09:19 PM
It would be nice to control the line of scrimage, and wear that D out....and then Ben finds Heath over the middle for some 25 yard catches.....control the football.... you know our D is gonna show up ....

SF... we can win this football game! We've won tougher games away from Heinz before..

clevestinks
12-20-2006, 10:44 PM
Our OL has to show up! Which one will show up? The ones that we have had the past couple of weeks, orthe one that we hhad vs Baltisore the first time?

Our Oline needs help in the backfield, whether it be Heath or Krieder. No one back sets.