PDA

View Full Version : Good chance at playoffs

BringthePressure20
12-20-2006, 12:29 AM
Its really not out of the question. The Jags can easily lose to KC and denver so with that being said, we need either the bengals or broncos to lose out and they play each other this weekend, but it would be better in our favor if the bengals lose out because we play them and because the broncos play the 49ers week 17. Also, all we need is the jets to lose one of their two games because then we would beat them in common games tiebreaker, and i can see miami beating them. Lets go guys have faith!!!

stillers4me
12-20-2006, 05:45 AM
I believe!!

SteelerFanInCA
12-20-2006, 09:57 AM
I think the Jags play KC and New England.

Newzfoxjr
12-20-2006, 10:13 AM
Yeah, they do.

For us to make the playoffs, the Broncos need to finish 10-6 and the Bengals need to lose this sunday and on new year's to us.

I think that the other 7-7 teams need to lose one of their games, and the Titans and Bills play each other, so yeah...

MACH1
12-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Got my fingers crossed :hope:

Hines0wnz
12-20-2006, 11:21 AM
Trying to make the playoffs based on other teams' performance is impending heartbreak. These last 2 games are about revenge against the Ravens and Bengals. If that isnt motivation enough then the playoffs are not even something that should be mentioned.

herewegosteelers
12-20-2006, 11:33 AM
If the Bungholes & Jacksonville win one more game each, the Steelers can't make the playoffs regardless of how they do in the last 2 games.
:tt02: GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:cheer:

robcesq
12-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Not true about Jacksonville - they can still lose one game and Pittsburgh can still make the playoffs -- so long as Tennessee wins its last 2 game. If that happens, Jacksonville & Tennessee will both finish at 9-7. Under tiebreaker procedures, you first need to reduce each division to one wildcard candidate. When you do that, Tennessee knocks out Jacksonville (better division record), and Pittsburgh then knocks out Tennessee (based on common games).

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Jets also have to lose their last two games. Well a man can dream!

herewegosteelers
12-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Not true about Jacksonville - they can still lose one game and Pittsburgh can still make the playoffs -- so long as Tennessee wins its last 2 game. If that happens, Jacksonville & Tennessee will both finish at 9-7. Under tiebreaker procedures, you first need to reduce each division to one wildcard candidate. When you do that, Tennessee knocks out Jacksonville (better division record), and Pittsburgh then knocks out Tennessee (based on common games).

Oh! I heard Jacksonville owns the tiebreaker by beating our boys on Sept 18th
I am so confused at this point. All I know is GO STEELERS!!!!:cheer: :tt02: :sign01:

Newzfoxjr
12-20-2006, 01:31 PM
Jets also have to lose their last two games. Well a man can dream!

They only need to lose one of their last two games.

BigDuke6
12-20-2006, 01:45 PM

LUV it !!!!!

stillers4me
12-20-2006, 04:33 PM
We you guys get it figured out and we're actually in, let me know, 'K?

SteelCityMan786
12-20-2006, 07:17 PM
The Steelers can make the playoffs like this

Steelers WIN out
Bengals OR Broncos lose out.
Jets lose AT LEAST ONE game
Other 7-7 teams lose. HOWEVER if we are tied with the Chiefs for no. 6, we're in.

Newzfoxjr
12-20-2006, 08:35 PM
If the broncos lose out and the Bengals go 9-7, we're elminated. We need the Broncos to win the cincy game and beat SF.

EDIT: Actually, here it is, but it's less likely.

Of the four teams (Cincinnati, Denver, New York and Jacksonville) that sit at 8-6, the Steelers would win head-to-head tie breakers with only the Jets. So they need Cincinnati to lose at Denver (or have the Broncos lose to the Bengals and the 49ers the following week), Jacksonville to lose to New England and at Kansas City, and the Jets to trip up against either Miami or Oakland.

herewegosteelers
12-21-2006, 11:31 AM
If the broncos lose out and the Bengals go 9-7, we're elminated. We need the Broncos to win the cincy game and beat SF.

EDIT: Actually, here it is, but it's less likely.

LMAO .. Oh Is that all..:dang: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-21-2006, 01:26 PM
We you guys get it figured out and we're actually in, let me know, 'K?

Its not really that confusing....if we can manage to win out...and at least end up with the same record as Jets,Titans, and Kansas City..we are in...However IF Flavor Flave happens to get back with "New York" and Jane Fonda is no longer banned from driving through certain parts of North Carolina...we can beat the tie-breaker unless Dick Vermiel comes out of retirement and coaches a team in any state west of the Mississppi River. That will (of course) bring into play the 'Punky Brewster Rule' ..which according to the official NFL rulebook means.."any or all actors/actresses whom play a recurring starring role in a sitcom/drama may NOT be considered for adult roles unless said child grows up to be incredible hot...(see section 1a.6a of Alyssa Milano Rule) and has no bearing whatsoever on acting ability. This would mean that Pittsburgh would be eliminated from the playoffs if:
A) Alyssa wins an oscar
B) Big D gets a date with Jessica Sympson
C) I pose for the center of Playgirl

THEREFORE...we are still alive!!!!:thumbsup:

Justin Otstott
12-21-2006, 01:34 PM
My God my eyes hurt lol....I found this site dont know if anybody seen this!

Pittsburgh Playoff Scenarios (http://www.pittsburghtitle.com/)

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-21-2006, 02:37 PM
I had almost forgot the 7 year cellular recycle rule..chich states that you replace all the cells in your body every 7 years...like so many things in nature... that which is dead and nasty is forced to the surface and that which is stronger & healthier is temporarily covered....Hence explaining the Ravens cyclic resurgence...
How does this affect our playoff chances...it doesnt....you cant plan against a fluke. It will just die out quickly on its own.

Steel12
12-21-2006, 02:43 PM
My God my eyes hurt lol....I found this site dont know if anybody seen this!

Pittsburgh Playoff Scenarios (http://www.pittsburghtitle.com/)

Somebody has WAY too much time on their hands!

ravensFan
12-21-2006, 03:07 PM
Laughing even harder. I love how you guys say it is a fluke. The ravens have the best defense in the league. Fluke?

The ravens beat the supposed best team in the league, the chargers, Fluke?

On top of that we have all sorts of offensive weapons to compliment the best defense of all time. Air McNair, Todd Heap, Derek Mason, Clayton, etc. Fluke?

If this WHOLE 11-3 thus far season is a fluke, then your lucky superbowl win last year was a total fluke never to happen again as long as you live.

Preacher
12-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Its on another thread

Preacher
12-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Laughing even harder. I love how you guys say it is a fluke. The ravens have the best defense in the league. Fluke?

On top of that we have all sorts of offensive weapons to compliment the best defense of all time. Air McNair, Todd Heap, Derek Mason, Clayton, etc. Fluke?

If this WHOLE 11-3 thus far season is a fluke, then your lucky superbowl win last year was a total fluke never to happen again as long as you live.

You misunderstand the post. He is not saying that the entire season is a fluke. Remember, that we have the Chargers beat until we beat ourselves with stupid mistakes... which was actually our problem in all but one or two games.

The game which the Ravens beat us 24-0 was a fluke. We gave you the ball twice on SHORT yardage. We made mistakes. the coaching staff even admits they gameplanned badly.

This game will NOT be 24-0. it will be a tightly fought contest which is a fifty-fifty chance of winning/losing.

Elvis
12-21-2006, 03:22 PM
:toofunny: :blah: :sofunny: :banana: :jawdrop:
THIS HAS GOTTA BE THE BIGGEST JOKE THAT I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN MY 37 YEARS OF LIFE HERE ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH....The best defense EVER? You are really kiddin' yourself here little kid... The Ravens have a nice defense, but the BEST EVER? Thats a joke coming from a JOKE PUNK!! When you have won more than ONE SUPER BOWL then come back and run your mouth... until then go play with someone that you have actually dominated in the last 5 years... the BROWNIES!!!:toofunny: :chicken: :wave: besides... who is your weapon called Clayton? Now, that is funny within itself... Laughing even harder. I love how you guys say it is a fluke. The ravens have the best defense in the league. Fluke?

Livinginthe past
12-21-2006, 03:26 PM
:toofunny: :blah: :sofunny: :banana: :jawdrop:
THIS HAS GOTTA BE THE BIGGEST JOKE THAT I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN MY 37 YEARS OF LIFE HERE ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH....The best defense EVER? You are really kiddin' yourself here little kid... The Ravens have a nice defense, but the BEST EVER? Thats a joke coming from a JOKE PUNK!! When you have won more than ONE SUPER BOWL then come back and run your mouth... until then go play with someone that you have actually dominated in the last 5 years... the BROWNIES!!!:toofunny: :chicken: :wave: besides... who is your weapon called Clayton? Now, that is funny within itself...

Do me a favor and keep the personal attacks out of the thread.

Thanks

NM

NV STEELERS 723
12-21-2006, 05:31 PM
They only need to lose one of their last two games.

YES.....and in the last game of the season, the Raiders HAVE to beat the Jets...that prolly won't happen!

collinsz
12-21-2006, 08:05 PM
A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was reading all the scenarious that needed to happen for the Steelers to make the playoffs. I googel'd "Steelers playoff chances" or something like that. I read some article that said how they will never make the playoffs and the chances are so slim yada yada yada. I read how all these teams have to loose and we have to win out and so forth. Then they said who we have to beat. Something didnt make sense so I looked at the date. It was for last year!!!!!!!! Remember what happened then? Never give up.

SuckItUp
12-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Every victory invites defeat and every new winner becomes the next in line to face the cruel punishment of entropy.

stillers4me
12-21-2006, 09:10 PM
A funny thing happened to me the other day. I was reading all the scenarious that needed to happen for the Steelers to make the playoffs. I googel'd "Steelers playoff chances" or something like that. I read some article that said how they will never make the playoffs and the chances are so slim yada yada yada. I read how all these teams have to loose and we have to win out and so forth. Then they said who we have to beat. Something didnt make sense so I looked at the date. It was for last year!!!!!!!! Remember what happened then? Never give up.

Now THAT'S cool! :tt02:

iloveben7
12-21-2006, 11:22 PM
I HAVE BELIEVED SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THIS SEASON AND I WON'T STOP BELIEVING

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-22-2006, 07:17 AM

:yawn: :yawn: ...yea yea yea..one and done in the playoffs...next topic:yawn: :yawn:

HometownGal
12-22-2006, 08:20 AM

I notice that you didn't include any of your RBs in that mix above. Speaking frankly, the Rats' running attack is inconsistent and for a championship contender - sucks. The key is balance and with that running game of JaMaMa and Co. -I don't see the Rats going very far in the playoffs. JaMaMa is going to have yet another tough day trying to run against the Steelers front four, McNair is playing with a bum hand and isn't going to be playing at 100% and the Steelers will take advantage of his boo boo - take it to the bank. :tt02:

ravensFan
12-22-2006, 11:11 AM
I have a Christmas gift for everyone on this thread. You'll all get it Christmas Eve.
A repeat of the last game where the Steelers got totally decimated so you will all stop talking this nonsense about making the playoffs. Not gonna happen! Stop fooling yourselves.
Maybe next year guys.

DACEB
12-22-2006, 11:51 AM
I have a Christmas gift for everyone on this thread. You'll all get it Christmas Eve.
A repeat of the last game where the Steelers got totally decimated so you will all stop talking this nonsense about making the playoffs. Not gonna happen! Stop fooling yourselves.
Maybe next year guys.

We will see. Meaning, we will see you again in the first round of the playoffs!!
:tt02: