PDA

View Full Version : Ravens Cody, out for the year

BB2W
08-02-2005, 03:26 PM
While first-round draft pick Mark Clayton has yet to report to training camp, the Ravens' top defensive rookie might never return this season.

Linebacker Dan Cody sprained the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee midway through the team's first practice yesterday, officially sidelining the second-round pick indefinitely.

Although he will be re-evaluated later in camp when the swelling has settled down, the Ravens have resigned themselves privately to losing him for the year. A magnetic resonance imaging test revealed between a second- and third-degree sprain, which are the two most severe conditions.

The loss of Cody would deliver a sizable blow to the Ravens' pass rush. He was projected to play rush end in passing situations, the role previously reserved for Peter Boulware.

link.....http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.ravens02aug02,1,5950245.story?coll=bal-sports-football&ctrack=1&cset=true

BlitzburghRockCity
08-02-2005, 08:05 PM
awe damn, the ratbirds have injury issues... :blah:

Dont get me wrong, I hate to see players go down w/ injuries, but welcome to the club ratbirds..how long will it take you to use this as another excuse!

Prosdo
08-02-2005, 10:04 PM
awe damn, the ratbirds have injury issues... :blah:

Dont get me wrong, I hate to see players go down w/ injuries, but welcome to the club ratbirds..how long will it take you to use this as another excuse!

I agree. I hate to see players go down. But hey its the Ratbirds can't say I feel bad for them.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-03-2005, 09:42 PM
Maybe they can put keydrick vincent of there. He's so hyped up talking shit on us now that make him play defense so Faneca can bust him in the mouth !!! or maybe we'll just let hampton and smith take care of that !!

ironcitychef
08-04-2005, 04:05 PM
Think they have injuries now...wait till Rolle and Sanders start sucking wind in week 3.

bigbensgirl7
08-04-2005, 10:16 PM
Too bad for the Ratbirds