PDA

View Full Version : How long have you been a Steelers fan?

Justin Otstott
12-20-2006, 10:02 AM
I been a Steelers fan since I belive I was 5 or 6 due to my uncle Johny who is the biggest Steelers fan I know...and damn I am glad he was always talking Black & Gold!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

I wanna upload this video my mom made of me when I was young watching the Steelers/Cowboys superbowl in the 90's!!! God it's funny....Not gonna give details lol ill wait to upload it!

So yea how long have you guys been fans? Be honest!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2006, 10:10 AM
My parents were born close to Pittsburgh. My grandfather played for the Steelers in the early 1950's. Even though my parents moved to Indiana before I was born I was raised a Steelers fans. But I didn't start really following the team and becoming a fan until the late 1980's. So since I was about 9 or 10 years old I have been a Steelers fan. So 17 years I have been a fan.

Newzfoxjr
12-20-2006, 10:23 AM
Early 2004, when I started getting into football. I think it was before the 2004 season, when me and my dad got the madden that was out then. I started using the Steelers and it just worked, and I liked all the colors and stuff. Then when the season started I rooted for them, and here I am. =o

MACH1
12-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Since 75-76, first SB I can remember watching.

Prosdo
12-20-2006, 11:41 AM
Born and raised in Pittsburgh. So pretty much since birth.

SCSTILLER
12-20-2006, 12:19 PM
Since the day I was born! I was born and bred in Beaver County and my grandparents have had tickets since '68. I went to my first game when I was 4 and some of my fondest memories are of the family getting together on Sundays in the living room watching the Steelers! :tt02:

BigDuke6
12-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Since the Immaculate Reception. I was about 12 yeares old and said " Holy Shite, what a catch ". It was also great that virtually all of my friends were Cowboys fans (one Vikes fan).

wiqidjuggalo
12-20-2006, 12:52 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/wiqidjuggalo/steelerssperm.jpg

nuff said...

Borski
12-20-2006, 01:02 PM
When I was 8 (I'm 18 now) brother in-law took me to my first pro sports game, a Pittsburgh Pirates 5-3 win over the Astros. Since then, I liked all Pittsburgh sports also over time my love for football exeeded that of baseball and by the 02 or 03 season you couldn't separate me form my Steelers!

PisnNapalm
12-20-2006, 01:07 PM

nuff said...

That about sums it up for me too.:tt02:

Mosca
12-20-2006, 01:22 PM
I went to my first game in 1964, Steelers-Giants at Pitt Stadium. I was 10. Quarterback Bill Nelsen was an usher at my church. So I've followed the team closely since then, that was the year I also started collecting football cards as well as baseball cards.

Tom

floodcitygirl
12-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Born and raised in Western PA, so I've been a Steeler fan since I was a twinkle in my Daddy's eye. :wink02:

BigDuke6
12-20-2006, 02:43 PM

nuff said...

LMAO

Dawson63
12-20-2006, 04:26 PM
Back in 1988 when I was an impressionable 11 year old my mom worked with Dermontti Dawsons mother in Versailles Ky. They were and still are good friends.

Dermontti as most of you might know played football for the University of Ky. So with them working together, I of course got the chance to meet him, which was really cool. And then I had sort of a Mean Joe Greene coke commercial moment. One day, out of the blue....my mom comes home with something for me from Dermontti...it was his white away jersey that he wore for the University of Ky Wildcat Football team on which he was a starting guard. That was the coolest thing in the world to me.

And then as we all know, he was drafted in 1988 by the Steelers. So from that point on I was a full time member of the Steeler Nation! And I have stuck with them through thick and thin, and always will. I'll be turning 30 on Friday and celebrating 19 awesome years as a Steeler fan!!!:tt02:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-20-2006, 04:27 PM
I became a steelers fan Cowhers rookie season as coach......

nicesteel4life
12-20-2006, 04:53 PM
My signature says it all!

skidboot
12-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Since 75-76, first SB I can remember watching.

me too.

that team in the White Jersey's won the SB and I've been a loyal diehard supporter since.

steelerbackr4life
12-20-2006, 05:01 PM
My name on the board says it all

Steeler in Carolina
12-20-2006, 08:10 PM
I was born in Aug of 69 and been a fan since Sept of 69.

SteelCityMan786
12-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Since I was given life.

SteelerFan091472
12-20-2006, 09:11 PM
I went to my first game in 1964, Steelers-Giants at Pitt Stadium. I was 10. Quarterback Bill Nelsen was an usher at my church. So I've followed the team closely since then, that was the year I also started collecting football cards as well as baseball cards.

Tom

I believe that was game where defensive lineman John Baker hit Y.A. Tittle so hard, he knocked him out of the game.

SteelerFan091472
12-20-2006, 09:12 PM
I've been a fan since I was 5 or 6 years old (I'm 34 now).

NV STEELERS 723
12-20-2006, 09:26 PM
Jan 6th, 1971............ my B-Day

ChronoCross
12-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Since 1973

DarkRaven
12-20-2006, 10:19 PM
I just wanted to say that I truly respect the Steelers organization. As a Ravens fan, I wish Baltimore could of held on to a team for just as long. I understand business is business and things happen. I look forward to the day when I can see my children respect the same organization that I have grown to love. Seriously, to see an organization move through generation to generation is something truly special.

Mosca
12-20-2006, 10:35 PM
I just wanted to say that I truly respect the Steelers organization. As a Ravens fan, I wish Baltimore could of held on to a team for just as long. I understand business is business and things happen. I look forward to the day when I can see my children respect the same organization that I have grown to love. Seriously, to see an organization move through generation to generation is something truly special.

Cool man.

You guys have a really great team this year, they're playing with great confidence too. I was worried that NcNair would turn out to be all that he has been for you guys! You don't have to be the best athlete to lead and win. We need to take you guys to make it, so I hope we do... 'specially with the Ravens being the Browns 'n all.

Tom

dlsf8607
12-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Grew up in northwest PA, been a Steelers fan since April 22, 1988 (my birthday)

Mikee
12-20-2006, 11:00 PM
I grew up in a Raider household, so I rooted for the Raiders because thats what I grew up with. Then I woke up! I played some high school football, and started to really watch football. I enjoyed watching the steelers. btw, I SUCKED at football LOL

I graduated in '96, so thats been about how long I've been a fan.

Now I bleed black and gold.

ThatGuy246
12-21-2006, 12:16 AM

Great to hear from a classy Ravens fan - you represent your franchise well! Y'all look like something special this year, and hey, if it isn't going to be the Stillers reclaiming the AFC North crown, it's a lot more palatable to surrender it to a team with a courteous fan base that respects the game, not just hops on the band wagon.

That said, my father and I will be attending our first Steelers game together this coming Christmas Eve, and I'm praying for it to be a Black & Gold rout! :wink02: (No offense, DarkRaven) I've been a fan since I was 10 during the '94 season, and distinctly remember breaking down watching O'D against the Cowboys. I only really became a hardcore fan, though, to the stats-memorizing, league-analyzing extent in 2000, shortly before I moved out of the area.

I guess you really only appreciate what you've got once you're gone, and ever since I left Pittsburgh, I've been incredibly nostalgic and developed a deep love for the city's teams and history. I've lived in a few different countries, and several U.S. cities, but I never get more pride than when I meet people and get to tell them that I'm from Pittsburgh. It isn't just the sports teams; we've got a proud city with a great heritage here...there's nothing I love more than when I get to come home for a visit, and round the corner or come out of the tunnel to see the skyline unfold in front of me...

Take care, all, and a very happy holidays & safe travels...

-DJ

MJ5150
12-21-2006, 01:31 AM
About 23 years for me, with a break in the middle.

The earliest memories of Steeler football I have are the mid-80's. I grew up in a Steeler family. I went through a phase where I did not want to be a Steeler fan since I felt like it was being pushed on me by family, so I didn't pay much attention. Kind of a teenage rebellion thing I guess.

I came around finally in the early 90's.

-Mike

Steelersfan4life0655
12-21-2006, 02:10 AM
since i was able to pick up a football. my family is a big steelers family:tt02: :tt02:

clevestinks
12-21-2006, 08:50 AM
I`m a very young 40 years old. And its been since day one! 8-19-66

My daughter was born in 94, 6 minutes after birth, I took a picture of her with a Terry Bradshaw bib on. She was born on March 2nd, Bens birthday. And thats her favorite player, her puppy, a black & gold yorkie, is named Bennie.

Justin Otstott
12-21-2006, 08:59 AM
man I have a mix of teams in my family!!! The one's I know lol!!

Me and my Uncle J - Steeler Fans :jammin:
My Father - lmao a Cowgirls fan
My Grandfather - Was a Eagles fan, R.I.P (Eagles are Wack)
My one cousin is a BILLS fan :sofunny: :toofunny:
and most of my other family are Redskin fans!

A.M.
12-21-2006, 09:13 AM
When I was like 6 or 7 I was a Raiders fan because at school I bought a folder that had a raider on it...but then I met my now dad Garrett and it's been steelers ever since.

clevestinks
12-21-2006, 09:31 AM
man I have a mix of teams in my family!!! The one's I know lol!!

Me and my Uncle J - Steeler Fans :jammin:
My Father - lmao a Cowgirls fan
My Grandfather - Was a Eagles fan, R.I.P (Eagles are Wack)
My one cousin is a BILLS fan :sofunny: :toofunny:
and most of my other family are Redskin fans!

Just to give you an idea of how big my Steelers family is. We now live 35 miles east of cleveland along lake erie, I grew up and still long for the Uniontown PA area. My wife and all her, 4, sisters are from around the cleveland area, they are all die hard Steelers fans now. Here one sister Nina, was Falcons cheerleader for six seasons, now bleeds black & gold. Check her out at Ninathabomb.com, I think thats right.

Justin Otstott
12-21-2006, 09:37 AM
site don't work...Ur married to HER SISTER????

clevestinks
12-21-2006, 10:07 AM
site don't work...Ur married to HER SISTER????

I`m sorry I checked its http://www.geocities.com/NinaAhlin/ , yes I`m married to one of her sisters, and she has come through with press passes, tickets at everything else. And I got to use the one ticket she gets for the SuperBowl when Atlanta went. My only problem was getting a room, so I had to stay with three cheerleaders, My wife called every five minutes.

Justin Otstott
12-21-2006, 10:17 AM
Lucky man You ARE!!!

stillers4me
12-21-2006, 04:36 PM

nuff said...

My DNA looks like little hypocycloids..........

Elvis
12-21-2006, 04:52 PM
:coffee: If I see this question on this forrum again... nah... just kiddin''''
I have been a fan for probably close to 25 years or so... loved the early 80's even though I dont remember the super bowl years in the 70's... gotta love the BLACK N GOLD BABY!!!:wave:

iloveben7
12-28-2006, 12:45 AM
Well I've only been a Steeler fan since 2004-Ben's rookie season!! I'm sure I watched Steeler games when I was little, but I don't remember anything. I do remember the one playoff game where we played the Titans in like 2001 or so, but that's it. I heard how great Ben was, so I decided to watch a couple games. After Ben's first official start, I fell in love with Ben and the Steelers!! Ever since, I've been a Ben and Steeler fanatic!! My mom is amazed by how big of a fan I am and how much I know for only being a fan for 3 years and before I had no idea what a 1st down was. Now I know everything there is to be known about football and the Steelers!! I went to the Steelers Superbowl Pep Rally, the Victory Parade, training camp twice and the Hines Ward Show!! I also went to my 1st Steelers game this season against the Miami Dolphins and I hope to go again next year for the season opener!! I love being a Pittsburgh Steeler fan and I wouldn't have it any other way!!

BlacknGold76
12-28-2006, 03:01 AM
Since last year.:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

plenewken
12-28-2006, 06:58 AM
Since the SuperBowl last year until they lost to the Raiders.............................. <g>

steelcity58
12-28-2006, 02:45 PM
Despite living in another state...where "America's Team" reigns, I have been a Steelers fan since 1978 when they beat Dallas in Super Bowl XIII.

I was about 7 years old...and knew just a little about football.

I was an expert on the fact that I never liked those lily-white, wussy looking uniforms the "Boys" wore.

The Steelers usually wore black...they looked and played tough...and they were Champions.

Plus Lynn Swann and Jack Lambert were "cool"...

I jumped on the bandwagon and have been a loyal rider ever since..through thick and thin.:tt02:

t-sizzlez
12-28-2006, 06:50 PM
IVE BEEN ONE EVER SINCE I WAS BORN!! This franchise is the best one!! Go Steelers

LarryNJ
12-28-2006, 10:38 PM
I guess you could say since I was born because my father and uncle always had a transistor radio up to their ear. But my first memory was Franco's catch in 72 I was 12 than and was listening to the game on the radio. Over the next 8 years I was lucky enough to go to several games a year including bus trips to Cleveland and most of the playoff games. What a great time it was.

nicesteel4life
12-29-2006, 12:44 AM
Since the SuperBowl last year until they lost to the Raiders.............................. <g>

:cheer: Can I get a B A N D W A G O N E R :cheer:

Justin Otstott
12-29-2006, 12:16 PM
wow....yes you can!

Steel12
12-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Since 1986 when I was on the Steelers Pee wee football team...been a fan ever since!

jim brown
12-30-2006, 08:15 AM
Hi all been a fan since 1963 few years lol

clevestinks
12-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Hi all been a fan since 1963 few years lol

??? What ???

SteelersGal17
12-30-2006, 11:36 AM
I didn't actually start watching football until 2004......2004 was my first year in high school, and as a freshman I joined our school's marching band. Going to all the different games, I started to get interested in it and I then started watching the Steelers....I remembered the Steelers drafting Ben and I remember watching the draft. But, I also remember watching Super Bowl XXX when I was little, sitting in the middle of the living room floor, my family watching it. I had no idea what was going on, but I remember watching it.

iloveben7
12-30-2006, 03:11 PM
I didn't actually start watching football until 2004......2004 was my first year in high school, and as a freshman I joined our school's marching band. Going to all the different games, I started to get interested in it and I then started watching the Steelers....I remembered the Steelers drafting Ben and I remember watching the draft. But, I also remember watching Super Bowl XXX when I was little, sitting in the middle of the living room floor, my family watching it. I had no idea what was going on, but I remember watching it.
We became fans at the same time!! I joined marching band as well when I got to 9th grade!! I always think that this was Ben's junior season and we were juniors in high school!! What band are you in?

SteelersGal17
01-01-2007, 11:09 PM
We became fans at the same time!! I joined marching band as well when I got to 9th grade!! I always think that this was Ben's junior season and we were juniors in high school!! What band are you in?

sweet! I'm part of the Canon McMillan Big Mac Band :smile:

BOXCAR JOEY
01-02-2007, 03:06 AM
im 25 yrs old. ive been loyal to the black and gold since i was around 9. Before 9 i dont know due to an accident.

steelersgirl86
01-02-2007, 07:08 AM
I am 33..and was born a steelers fan....is'nt that the way to be born? :tt02: :cheer: :cheers:

iloveben7
01-02-2007, 06:11 PM
sweet! I'm part of the Canon McMillan Big Mac Band :smile:

Cool I'm in the Norwin band

kysteelerman
01-02-2007, 10:19 PM
I BEEN A STEELER FAN EVER SINCE MY MOM AND DAD MADE ME,, I WAS STILL IN MY MOMMY'S BELLY.. I AM 39 NOW. AND I AM ONE OF THE BIGGEST STEELER FAN EVER,,

Haiku_Dirtt
01-03-2007, 03:10 AM
I moved to PGH in 1976...and left in 1983.

WOW. We've had some pretty bad QB's. Just components.

I LOVE DEFENSE. Hit HARD. Ask questions later.

I.C. Lights
01-04-2007, 02:06 AM
27 years and counting!