PDA

View Full Version : Palmer injured???

skidboot
12-20-2006, 02:31 PM
From our buddies over at Profootballtalk.com:

POSTED 12:20 p.m. EST; UPDATED 12:29 p.m. EST, December 20, 2006

CARSON PALMER INJURED?

A reader tipped us off on Tuesday to the possibility that Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer emerged from Monday night's loss to the Colts with an injury. Per the tipster, Palmer has a shoulder injury, possibly a torn rotator cuff.

We've poked around a bit via our network of sources, and we've concluded that there's something to this one. It's our understanding that Palmer is undergoing tests on the shoulder today.

It's the last thing the 8-6 Bengals need as they prepare to face the 8-6 Broncos on Sunday in Denver. The winner will be in great shape for a playoff spot; the loser will be battling with the likes of the Jaguars and the Steelers and the Jets and the Chiefs and the Titans and the Bills (the Bills?) for the six seed.

I didn't know if this belongs on the Steelers forum but decided to put it here anyways.

HometownGal
12-20-2006, 02:41 PM
The winner will be in great shape for a playoff spot; the loser will be battling with the likes of the Jaguars and the Steelers and the Jets and the Chiefs and the Titans and the Bills (the Bills?) for the six seed.

WTH are the Steelers- chopped liver? Though our guys didn't wake up until several weeks ago, darn it - they deserve a little more respect than that. Picklehead.

Anywho - I think the Bungles are done at any rate- if Carson does indeed have a torn rotator cuff, that only seals their fate.

Thread moved to NFL Forum.

Newzfoxjr
12-20-2006, 02:43 PM
O_o

That'd be crazy...but it'd also improve our chances at the 6th seed.

skidboot
12-20-2006, 02:44 PM
3rd year in a row (if he is done) that Palmer has been unable to finish the season.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Let me guess the Bengals fans are going to blame the Steelers for this.

floodcitygirl
12-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Let me guess the Bengals fans are going to blame the Steelers for this.LOL! There's no doubt...cause it can't POSSIBLY be any fault of their own team!

With that said, I hope Palmer is ok...first because I don't want to see any player hurt, but secondly, because when the Steelers beat them on New Years I don't want to hear for the next year that it was because of not having him at 100%.

skidboot
12-20-2006, 03:09 PM
I want to hear the excuses..........its so Bungholish.

MACH1
12-20-2006, 03:12 PM
LOL! There's no doubt...cause it can't POSSIBLY be any fault of their own team!

With that said, I hope Palmer is ok...first because I don't want to see any player hurt, but secondly, because when the Steelers beat them on New Years I don't want to hear for the next year that it was because of not having him at 100%.

When we beat them, if Carton plays or not they'll find any kind of excuse why.
Like they didn't roll the ball in a bag of shake before they threw it to Henry. :smoker:

HometownGal
12-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Well - I guess we'll have to wait until the injury report comes out to know Cartoon's status. Of course, that doesn't mean anything as Tom Brady has been listed as either "probable" or "questionable" with a shoulder injury for the past two seasons - LOL!

bcrabt - LMAO!!! :toofunny:

Big D
12-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Poor rosie palmer. The history of comebacks after a torn rotator cuff is not a good one. See tim couch

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2006, 03:45 PM
LOL! There's no doubt...cause it can't POSSIBLY be any fault of their own team!

Trust me I don't want to see any player hurt either. I happen to like Carson Palmer. It goes back to his USC days. He torched Notre Dame his senior year and any player that takes it to the Irish I'm a fan of. It just sucks that Palmer plays for the Bengals.

I just got so sick of hearing how the Steelers and Kemo hurt Palmer on purpose by Bengals fans that I had to post that.

MACH1
12-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer did not practice Wednesday with an ailing shoulder. He did throw on the sidelines but did not participate in the team session, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reported.

Palmer is a little sore after Monday's 34-16 loss to the Colts in which he went 14-for-28 for 176 yards, but he is expected to practice Thursday. He is officially listed as probable for Sunday's game at the Broncos.

There is no structural damage to his shoulder, Pasquarelli reported

floodcitygirl
12-20-2006, 05:04 PM
Trust me I don't want to see any player hurt either. I happen to like Carson Palmer. It goes back to his USC days. He torched Notre Dame his senior year and any player that takes it to the Irish I'm a fan of. It just sucks that Palmer plays for the Bengals.

I just got so sick of hearing how the Steelers and Kemo hurt Palmer on purpose by Bengals fans that I had to post that.Oh believe me B n G, I do understand! The loss in September only added to the ongoing dribble about how they would have won that game last year if only Carcon hadn't been hurt....and on...and on....and on.... Even more the reason that I want a healthy Carson on New Years. :thumbsup:

A.M.
12-20-2006, 07:11 PM
From our buddies over at Profootballtalk.com:

POSTED 12:20 p.m. EST; UPDATED 12:29 p.m. EST, December 20, 2006

CARSON PALMER INJURED?

A reader tipped us off on Tuesday to the possibility that Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer emerged from Monday night's loss to the Colts with an injury. Per the tipster, Palmer has a shoulder injury, possibly a torn rotator cuff.

We've poked around a bit via our network of sources, and we've concluded that there's something to this one. It's our understanding that Palmer is undergoing tests on the shoulder today.

It's the last thing the 8-6 Bengals need as they prepare to face the 8-6 Broncos on Sunday in Denver. The winner will be in great shape for a playoff spot; the loser will be battling with the likes of the Jaguars and the Steelers and the Jets and the Chiefs and the Titans and the Bills (the Bills?) for the six seed.

I didn't know if this belongs on the Steelers forum but decided to put it here anyways.

Well felt bad for him after the playoffs...but now I just straight hate the man.:tt02:

Big D
12-20-2006, 07:20 PM
i'm sure if the warden would get him some midol he would feel much better

ChronoCross
12-20-2006, 11:59 PM
Looks like the rumor going around is false about Palmer but he does have a sore shoulder. Here is a link on the story;

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2703985