PDA

View Full Version : If you were starting an expansion team...

ShutDown24
12-20-2006, 02:36 PM
If you were starting an expansion team, what guys would you go after to start your franchise with? I think about this a lot... Generally if someone is a secured starter in another franchise I dont think its viable to go after them really... meaning players such as LT, Peyton and Brady are off limits...

here is what I would do...

QB: 1. Matt Shcaub (ATL) 2. Kyle Boller (BAL) 3. Kyle Orton (CHI)

RB: 1. Michael Turner (SD) 2. Domanic Rhodes (IND) 3. Michael Bennet (KC)

WR: 1. Bethel Johnson (NO) 2. Malcom Floyd (SD) 3. Brian Finneran (ATL)

TE: 1. Jason Dunn (KC) 2. Brandon Manemaliuna (SD) 3. Brian? Wilcox (BAL)

O-Line: I dont really think I know enough about O lineman to make this decision... I know more about lineman then the average fan I think... But not enough about there contract status's or there spot on the depth chart... I would probably try to get a group of veterans to start with who are out of starting jobs... then I would bring in some young guys like Kemeuatu and Essex of the steelers to be the heirs...

D-Line: Same thing as the O-Line here really... I know its kind of against my own rules here lol... but I have always thought about this and would love to morph the colts DE's with the Jags DT's in a 4-3... Stroud and Henderson on the inside with Freeney and Mathis on the outside would just kill....

LB: Same thing as D-Line really lol... Id bring in Joey ofcourse (His status with the Steelers isnt really good after this season so I dont think he will be here meaning hill be a free agent in the off season)... I would pick up T.J. Slaughter off FA wire... and just again, get some veteran free agents who I know can play but are a bit past their time...

CB: I would get Bryant McFadden (PIT) and Chad Scott (NE) as mt starters at first

SS/FS: I would get Tyrone Carter (PIT) and Mike Logan (PIT)

Lol... my whole D backfeild is made up of Steelers/former Steelers... Just because I dont k now that many backups out there for the D secondary....

Anyway, I love thinking about this and find it hard to stay with one franchise (On Madden ofcourse) everytime I get a new idea.... Try thinking about what you would do! Its fun.

Livinginthe past
12-20-2006, 03:12 PM
I doubt Bethel Johnson (WR) will be playing football in 2 years time - the guy is as quick as lightning but can't run anything other than the most simple routes.

I like the QB/RB picks though - both those guys seem to be capable starters.

Most of the other players you highlighted could be bettered in a reasonable draft this year.

NM

ShutDown24
12-20-2006, 06:27 PM
Lol... I would just send Bethel Johnson on a streak almost every down :P His speed in Madden is 98 :O

I thought he was decent with the PATS though... but your right, his route running skills need to be better... has he ever done kick or punt returns?

Big D
12-20-2006, 06:34 PM
I think matt schaub is going to be a great qb. If i were the falcons I would take schaub and trade or let good ol'e ron mexico go

Livinginthe past
12-21-2006, 01:56 AM
Lol... I would just send Bethel Johnson on a streak almost every down :P His speed in Madden is 98 :O

I thought he was decent with the PATS though... but your right, his route running skills need to be better... has he ever done kick or punt returns?

He used to kick return quite a bit but only broke a couple of TD's in his career - his stats say he punt returned a few times but I dont really remember those.

Every year we waited for Bethel to break out, but if he can't get it done with a guy like Brady throwing him the ball - he aint gonna get it done anywhere.

NM

Preacher
12-21-2006, 02:06 PM
He used to kick return quite a bit but only broke a couple of TD's in his career - his stats say he punt returned a few times but I dont really remember those.

Every year we waited for Bethel to break out, but if he can't get it done with a guy like Brady throwing him the ball - he aint gonna get it done anywhere.

NM

I am not sure I agree with that. It is not only the receiver, but the QB's style and all the intangibles. A receiver just may not click with a QB. An arm slot or throwing angle, velocity on the ball or quick/slow release, where the ball is thrown, or the routes that Brady likes to throw to. This isn't a knock on Brady, nor is it a post supporting Bethel...

I just don't agree with that logic.

Livinginthe past
12-21-2006, 02:37 PM
I am not sure I agree with that. It is not only the receiver, but the QB's style and all the intangibles. A receiver just may not click with a QB. An arm slot or throwing angle, velocity on the ball or quick/slow release, where the ball is thrown, or the routes that Brady likes to throw to. This isn't a knock on Brady, nor is it a post supporting Bethel...

I just don't agree with that logic.

Well I take your point.

Though plenty of WR's have been given the dreaded 'bust' label playing with QB's of a much lower caliber than Brady.

He couldn't adapt to the Patriots offense and Brady in his 3 years there and things dont appear to be improving in Minnesota.

Contrary to popular belief Brady throws and excellent deep ball - David Givens was the go-to-guy on those plays and Bethel couldn't get a look in.

I would also say that Brady has a classical ball release/throwing action - not a kooky sidearm - so I wouldnt consider that a factor.

NM

MJ5150
12-27-2006, 03:21 AM
I'd take a look at Seneca Wallace and Maurice Morris in Seattle.

-Mike

lilyoder6
12-28-2006, 10:51 AM
for
WR i would take randle el b/c he doesn't rarley play in D.C.
i would tgake jerry porter as well