PDA

View Full Version : In the spirit of XMAS - which team has the most obnoxious fans?

sumo
12-20-2006, 03:09 PM
I know most of you by default will say Bengal fans, so just for the sake of this worthless thread, let's eliminate Bengal fans from consideration being that they are a given...

Top of my list is Packer fans - I used to have season tickets with the Cards when I lived in AZ, so we always had just as many if not more fans from the opposing team - without a doubt, the worst fans I ever encountered were the cheeseheads from Green Bay

Livinginthe past
12-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Pittsburgh fans..they act like they own this freaking forum :party:

NM

MACH1
12-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Pittsburgh fans..they act like they own this freaking forum :party:

NM

I'd say Pats fans who think they run the joint. :nana:

Livinginthe past
12-20-2006, 03:26 PM
I'd say Pats fans who think they run the joint. :nana:

Touch? :tt02:

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2006, 03:40 PM
Well in all sports I have had the worse experiences with Cubs fans. I love going to Wrigley Field but I can't go there without getting into some type of arguement or fight. Ever since the Cubs made it to the NLCS Cubs havn't gotten out of control.

As football fans go again the Bears fans are not that much better. Chicago is a great town its just to bad their fans suck.

Big D
12-20-2006, 03:43 PM
I would have to say any philadelphia fans. Classless fans of the year have to go to the saints for the way they conducted themselves in this forum

HometownGal
12-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Eagles fans. Ever attend a game at the old Vets Stadium? It was like sitting in the middle of a minefield. Those people are nuts - they even booed Santa Claus!!!! :jawdrop:

I don't know if many people know this, but there were so many Eagles fans getting arrested before, during and after games a few years back that they built a Night Court with a couple of adjoining holding cells right in the stadium to arraign them right then and there.

They are the undisputed kings and queens of the bandwagon. I'm shocked McNabb hasn't flipped them off by now after all of the abuse he's taken from those drunken idiots.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Hometown you attended football games at the old vet? You deserve a purple heart for that.lol
Now I have never been to Philly but I have read and heard some crazy stories about Eagles fans.

sumo
12-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Eagles fans. Ever attend a game at the old Vets Stadium? It was like sitting in the middle of a minefield. Those people are nuts - they even booed Santa Claus!!!! :jawdrop:

I don't know if many people know this, but there were so many Eagles fans getting arrested before, during and after games a few years back that they built a Night Court with a couple of adjoining holding cells right in the stadium to arraign them right then and there.

They are the undisputed kings and queens of the bandwagon. I'm shocked McNabb hasn't flipped them off by now after all of the abuse he's taken from those drunken idiots.

I've heard all of this about Eagle fans - but I've never been to one of their home games - their visiting fans were actually pretty tame in comparison to some others (they used to play at Sun Devil stadium every year before the re-alignment) - I think ESPN has even done a couple of long segments on the violent and obscene nature of Eagles fans...

boLT fan
12-20-2006, 06:15 PM
Raider fans. Although now they are just more funny in a pathetic sort of way than anything. :sofunny:

silver & black
12-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Raiders fans, easily.

Although Green Bay fans are dumber and just as obnoxious, but just not as violent.

Ok. Why do you feel that way about Raiders fans? Have you had experience with a lot of Raiders fans, or do you just believe what you read about us?

I can say the same about Steelers fans. I know some exteremely obnoxious Steelers fans... that doesn't make Steelers fans the most obnoxious fans across the board though.

silver & black
12-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Raider fans. Although now they are just more funny in a pathetic sort of way than anything. :sofunny:

I bet you know who I picked! :sofunny:

Sorry, but you guys are just like Bengals "fans" that I know. It's funny as hell how many of you there are now, as opposed to just 3 short years ago. Where did you all come from "all of a sudden?" :toofunny: Talk about obnoxious "fans"!!! :blah: :blah: :blah:

polamalufan43
12-20-2006, 06:59 PM
I'd say that the Raiders and Browns fans are tied. Browns fans are just plain obnoxious in general and Raiders fans well, look at some of the things they wear to the games. It's slightly disturbed.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

tony hipchest
12-20-2006, 07:00 PM
I bet you know who I picked! :sofunny:

Sorry, but you guys are just like Bengals "fans" that I know. It's funny as hell how many of you there are now, as opposed to just 3 short years ago. Where did you all come from "all of a sudden?" :toofunny: Talk about obnoxious "fans"!!! :blah: :blah: :blah:lol. *whaaaap*

i guess after having 6-7 #1-2 picks in a 10 year period, the bungles and chargers should be expected to strike gold eventually, right?

i have to say all the newbie patfans who think they kicked the ass of all comers en route to their 1st sb in 01.

PAMillerGrrl83
12-20-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm gonna say Patriot fans in general and then Raider fans.

HometownGal
12-20-2006, 10:26 PM
Hometown you attended football games at the old vet? You deserve a purple heart for that.lol
Now I have never been to Philly but I have read and heard some crazy stories about Eagles fans.

Yep - went to several games in the 80's at the Vet with my former sister-in-law who was a ---- can you believe this ---- a former Steelers turned Eagles fan? :jawdrop: She was as nutty as a fruitcake just like her brother - LOL! :sofunny:

One thing stands out in my mind from my experiences at Vets stadium. Let's just say that some of their more "elite" *cough* fans empty their bladders wherever and whenever the mood strikes 'em. :yuck:

Mikee
12-20-2006, 11:09 PM
Raiders. I went to that Packers vs Raiders in Oakland, the game after Favre's father died. Anyways, 16 guys got arrested in my section before the end of the 1st quarter.

pathetic!

ThatGuy246
12-21-2006, 01:50 AM
Off the cuff, I want to say Patriots fans, if only by virtue of the fact that a lot of them seem to be bandwagon fans (an assertion of which I could be very wrong). But, and granted this may be an isolated experience, I'm eternally upset with Philly fans who became Seahawks converts last year just as a means by which to root against Pennsylvania fans on the other side of the state.

I lived with a bunch of Eagles fans last year, and the number of newly-purchased Seahawks jerseys really frustrated me. At the least, support your state! :wink02:

-DJ

stlrtruck
12-21-2006, 07:18 AM
After being on a ratbird forum for the last few months....

ratbirds nose out the eagles fans

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Well in all sports I have had the worse experiences with Cubs fans. I love going to Wrigley Field but I can't go there without getting into some type of arguement or fight. Ever since the Cubs made it to the NLCS Cubs havn't gotten out of control.

As football fans go again the Bears fans are not that much better. Chicago is a great town its just to bad their fans suck.

I agree...and my vote goes to "Da Bears" fans....living so close to Chicago I get the full blown band-wagon jumping...super-bowl shuffling.."85 bears are the best team ever":blah: :blah: :blah: ....

...and they get extra points for being predictable do to their lack of knowledge about the game...their team...and the NFL. Whereas most teams fanbase may have maybe 30% of fans who dont really follow the team but still feel the need to talk smack....I would guess the Bears fanbase to be closer to 75%

Stillers43
12-21-2006, 10:28 AM
I hate Browns fans! They are just A$$holes!

83-Steelers-43
12-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Raider fans, but I attribute it to mass methamphetamine use. Does my choice still count?

Black@Gold Forever32
12-21-2006, 11:13 AM
I agree...and my vote goes to "Da Bears" fans....living so close to Chicago I get the full blown band-wagon jumping...super-bowl shuffling.."85 bears are the best team ever":blah: :blah: :blah: ....

...and they get extra points for being predictable do to their lack of knowledge about the game...their team...and the NFL. Whereas most teams fanbase may have maybe 30% of fans who dont really follow the team but still feel the need to talk smack....I would guess the Bears fanbase to be closer to 75%

Dude I'm with you If I hear 85 Bears 85 Bears the best ever one more time. I think I'm going to snap. Now most of my friends are diehard Bears fans but they do know the game and are not idiots like most other Bears fans.

My response to most Bears fans that like go bring up the 85 Bears. I just say 4 Super Bowls in 6 years. Should have been five if Franco and Rocky didn't get hurt in the play-offs in 1976.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Dude I'm with you If I hear 85 Bears 85 Bears the best ever one more time. I think I'm going to snap. Now most of my friends are diehard Bears fans but they do know the game and are not idiots like most other Bears fans.

My response to most Bears fans that like go bring up the 85 Bears. I just say 4 Super Bowls in 6 years. Should have been five if Franco and Rocky didn't get hurt in the play-offs in 1976.

Only fans in the world who can tell you they are going to win the superbowl with one breath ..then with the next tell you that Grossman THEIR STARTING QB stinks and that they need to start Brian Griese.

It absolutley never occurs to them that a sucky QB may effect their Superbowl chances

Stillers#1
12-21-2006, 12:37 PM
I have to say Bears fans too. Mainly b/c I work with so many. Let me tell you how wonderful 20-9 was last year.

fansince'76
12-21-2006, 01:53 PM
Philadelphia Eagles fans hands down, and not even a contest.

Mosca
12-21-2006, 02:38 PM
I'd have to agree with, Eagles fans.

Tom

Newzfoxjr
12-21-2006, 02:53 PM
I hate Raider fans. The ones in my town seem to have no self-respect for themselves, and they are annoying as hell. >.>

skidboot
12-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Raiders fans.

No doubt in my mind.

sumo
12-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Raiders fans, easily.

Although Green Bay fans are dumber and just as obnoxious, but just not as violent.

Before the game even started - drunk cheeseheads - huge group of them - got drunk and began fondling the women/making obscene gestures as they were getting to their seats - huge fight broke out -- this was just in my section - that day, a record number of arrests were made -- as my friends and I are walking down the ramps from the stadium all of the cheeseheads were rubbing it in - because of course they beat the Cards - doing annoying chants - finally I yell -- "yeah - I got your cheesehead right here!!!" - and it's on...during the melee, I make sure I grab as many cheeseheads as I can and throw them over the side railing multiple stories below into the bushes...my friends take my cue and do the same - the security guards hauled the cheese-headless packer fans away and left us alone -- sorry I felt compelled to share this experience because there are way too many nice comments being made about Packer fans today

silver & black
12-21-2006, 03:26 PM
lol. *whaaaap*

i guess after having 6-7 #1-2 picks in a 10 year period, the bungles and chargers should be expected to strike gold eventually, right?

i have to say all the newbie patfans who think they kicked the ass of all comers en route to their 1st sb in 01.

Yeah, the Superbowl that was a gift from the refs. :sofunny:

silver & black
12-21-2006, 03:34 PM
I live about 10 minutes from Oakland. I've been to probably half a dozen of their games since they moved back here (and ruined the Coliseum and drove the A's out of town).

It's probably not all of you, but MAN. The dumb ones really make a special effort to be as rude and confrontational as possible.

Thats cool. I wasn't busting on you, I really wanted to know. I live in Ohio, so I don't know how it really is in Cali with those fans.

I've noticed that there seems to be an awful lot of "young" Raider fans around on RF.net these days... some of them are quite obnoxious. I hope none of you think that this is the way the majority of Raider fans are. Most of us old dogs don't understand the criminal, gang banger, convict rap that we get. Oh well, I'm a Raider till I die... no matter what! :cheers:

silver & black
12-21-2006, 03:42 PM
I didn't realize how bad we Raiders fans are thought of. Has it always been this way, or this just a recent thing?

I've been a fan since '68... I just like the Raiders... I don't really know anything about why we are thought of as so obnoxious. Can some of you who live in California shed some light on this for me?

stillers4me
12-21-2006, 04:29 PM
I can't vote for the Bungle fans????????

Man.....you really know how to ruin my day.........

tony hipchest
12-21-2006, 04:35 PM
I didn't realize how bad we Raiders fans are thought of. Has it always been this way, or this just a recent thing?

I've been a fan since '68... I just like the Raiders... I don't really know anything about why we are thought of as so obnoxious. Can some of you who live in California shed some light on this for me?you know how the red and blue bandannas became a staple for the crips and bloods?

when the raiders were stationed in L.A. their gear pretty much became a staple for all gangs and L.A. based rap groups. i know even in NM (especially albuquerque) raiders gear was especially popular with all the cholos and mexican gangbangers.

sumo
12-21-2006, 04:48 PM
you know how the red and blue bandannas became a staple for the crips and bloods?

when the raiders were stationed in L.A. their gear pretty much became a staple for all gangs and L.A. based rap groups. i know even in NM (especially albuquerque) raiders gear was especially popular with all the cholos and mexican gangbangers.

I lived in southern Ca during the early 80s - this was going on big time - all the gang bangers wore Raider everything ...but as far as Oakland fans go - I just think it's part of the whole bad boy image the Raiders have had since the 70s when guys like Tatum, Matuszak, Hendricks, etc were the designated rebels of the NFL - the image carries over to the fans - it doesn't necessarily mean that it's anything more than a stereo-type as far as I can see...

sumo
12-21-2006, 04:50 PM
I can't vote for the Bungle fans????????

Man.....you really know how to ruin my day.........

I just knew everybody would say 'Bengal fans' and the thread would be pretty boring - I'm surprised that you are the only one complaining :smile:

skidboot
12-22-2006, 09:12 AM
http://www.toonopedia.com/chocula.htm

don't forget about Al Davis.

floodcitygirl
12-22-2006, 09:29 AM
I just knew everybody would say 'Bengal fans' and the thread would be pretty boring - I'm surprised that you are the only one complaining :smile:She isn't. :pin: LOL

RoethlisBURGHer
12-22-2006, 01:26 PM
I wanna say Bengal fans...but since I can't...

...Patriot fans. Before they won thier first Super Bowl you never saw Pats gear anywhere...now you see it on almost a daily basis.

polamalufan43
12-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Hmmm... I don't know about Pats fans. I haven't seen much that says they are loyal. No offense to anybody, but most of the Pats fans I've met (with the exception of about three,) were Steeler fans before, but once the Pats started winning Superbowls they jumped on the bandwagon.

Livinginthe past
12-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Hmmm... I don't know about Pats fans. I haven't seen much that says they are loyal. No offense to anybody, but most of the Pats fans I've met (with the exception of about three,) were Steeler fans before, but once the Pats started winning Superbowls they jumped on the bandwagon.

That probably says more about those particular 'Pittsburgh' fans than it does about the Patriots fanbase the way I read it.

Patriots fans embraced the Kraft era - and sold out their stadium regularly well before that 1st SB victory in 2001 - all they needed was an ownership that wasn't selling their dreams down the river.

There are plenty of loyal Patriots fans, and due to recent success - plenty of bandwagon hoppers too - thats success for ya!

You should see some of these newbie guys in action over on the Patriots board - getting upset and theatening to revoke their support if the 2006 Patriots dont start to dominate teams instead of merely beating them.

Either thats a short memory, or there was nothing to remember in the first place.

NM

polamalufan43
12-22-2006, 07:39 PM
That probably says more about those particular 'Pittsburgh' fans than it does about the Patriots fanbase the way I read it.

Patriots fans embraced the Kraft era - and sold out their stadium regularly well before that 1st SB victory in 2001 - all they needed was an ownership that wasn't selling their dreams down the river.

There are plenty of loyal Patriots fans, and due to recent success - plenty of bandwagon hoppers too - thats success for ya!

NM

What do you mean "particular Pittsburgh fans"
I'm talking strictly Pats fans, and nothing more nothing less.

Livinginthe past
12-22-2006, 07:43 PM
What do you mean "particular Pittsburgh fans"
I'm talking strictly Pats fans, and nothing more nothing less.

You said that those fans in your previous post were Pittsburgh fans before jumping on the Patriots bandwagon.

I meant that their actions were more of a commentary on them in particular rather than the fanbase they left or joined.

NM

LarryNJ
12-22-2006, 10:31 PM
If sports talk radio host count as fans than Philly wins. They are obnoxious as can be. Thank god for national shows. The eagles fans really aren't that bad, they aren't very smart but not as obnoxious as the media portrays them. Cowboy fans are the worst in my book.

NV STEELERS 723
12-23-2006, 01:21 PM
Raiders fans, easily.

Raider fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...any of you remember when they killed that STEELER fan when they played in Los Angeles ????

Some guy is dead because people can't get over that rooting for your fav NFL team is freedom of choice...

steelerbackr4life
12-24-2006, 12:21 AM
After having the misfortune of being to an Eagle Dallas contest and seeing a middle age man threaten to kick an 8 year olds ass for wearing a cowboy jersey I have to say the Eagle "I use the word fan loosely because if they lose one game the coast guard is called in to save all of the people who jump from the bridges" are the biggest degenerates I have ever seen.

floodcitygirl
12-24-2006, 12:43 AM
Raider fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...any of you remember when they killed that STEELER fan when they played in Los Angeles ????

Some guy is dead because people can't get over that rooting for your fav NFL team is freedom of choice...WHAT????? Please tell me that there was more to this story than that!!!

clevestinks
12-24-2006, 09:17 AM
hands down the brownie fans, they only stay until the game is over, HALFTIME, and those poor bastards never have a winning season, only 12 winning season since 1972, pathetic.

silver & black
12-24-2006, 09:35 AM

Some guy is dead because people can't get over that rooting for your fav NFL team is freedom of choice...

I've been a Raiders fan for nearly 40 years. I don't remember that. Not saying it didn't happen, but I don't recall anything like that. I know a Chargers fan was stabbed some years ago, but I don't remember anything about anyone getting killed. Do you have a link on the story?

steelerbackr4life
12-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Id like to once again say Eagle fans are the worse. I watched the game yesterday with an Eagle fan who actually was cheering that a Cowboy player got hurt making a tackle.
My 14 year old asked him why he would find pleasure in someone being hurt and the response was "he tried to hit my quarterback" . My daughter then just looked at him and said " isnt that what he is supposed to do?" Then the only response was that the steelers werent making the playoffs.
So there you have it just another degenerate proving the need to have a court and jail in their stadium.

lovehines
12-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Easy...Ravens fans! They also cheer and clap when an opposing team's player gets hurt...especially when it's a Steelers player! Hypocrites! Last year they were booing the Steelers when Carson Palmer was "intentionally" injured. Give me a break! Everybody knows the Steelers don't play dirty. They leave that to the Ravens! :flap:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Id like to once again say Eagle fans are the worse. I watched the game yesterday with an Eagle fan who actually was cheering that a Cowboy player got hurt making a tackle.
My 14 year old asked him why he would find pleasure in someone being hurt and the response was "he tried to hit my quarterback" . My daughter then just looked at him and said " isnt that what he is supposed to do?" Then the only response was that the steelers werent making the playoffs.
So there you have it just another degenerate proving the need to have a court and jail in their stadium.

That sounds like a couple of my Bear fan buddies....One who told me that Bettis will never be in the Hall of Fame...I just looked at him in disgust and said..."since you dont know your own teams stats...Why am I surprised that you dont know Jeromes?"...He actually said.."Wouldnt you know it..Marty Booker leaves the Bears and becomes a "premier" WR"....MARTY BOOKER!!!!!

tony hipchest
12-27-2006, 03:46 PM
That sounds like a couple of my Bear fan buddies....One who told me that Bettis will never be in the Hall of Fame...I just looked at him in disgust and said..."since you dont know your own teams stats...Why am I surprised that you dont know Jeromes?"...He actually said.."Wouldnt you know it..Marty Booker leaves the Bears and becomes a "premier" WR"....MARTY BOOKER!!!!!the ravenfans at cbssportsline used to kill me. atleast rayraven52d admitted he was a "softmore" in high school and only began watching football in 2000. this was 2 years ago and im sure hes still a softmore.

ravens12-4 said he was a back up cb at ball state. i asked him a series of questions. the ravens 1st year? 1st head coach? list their 3000 yd passers? list their wr's who had 1000 yd seasons. who was their 1st rb. he couldnt answer one.

atleast ghettoraven was able to spit out "reggie jackson" as a 1000 yd receiver.

yep. he sure hit alot of home runs for baltimore.

those guys were definitely tools who disappeared after the colts whipped them in game 1 last year. there was only 1 ravenfan their with an ounce of brains and who stuck around throughout their 6-10 season

Preacher
12-27-2006, 04:54 PM
That sounds like a couple of my Bear fan buddies....One who told me that Bettis will never be in the Hall of Fame...I just looked at him in disgust and said..."since you dont know your own teams stats...Why am I surprised that you dont know Jeromes?"...He actually said.."Wouldnt you know it..Marty Booker leaves the Bears and becomes a "premier" WR"....MARTY BOOKER!!!!!

You know, just our luck. Antwaan Randle El did the same thing! :sofunny:

Stlrs4Life
12-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Eagles Fans, Browns Fans, and then Raiders Fans, in that order.