PDA

View Full Version : BRETT FARVE- does anyone care?

tony hipchest
12-21-2006, 06:48 PM
the all time completion leader could be starting his last game at home. if theres any player i couldve added to the steelers roster during cowhers tenure it woulda been b. fatve. i wanna see him play 1-2 more years.

boLT fan
12-21-2006, 07:00 PM
It's Favre

And no, I don't really care. :yawn:

Atlanta Dan
12-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Brett Favre is like a formerly popular TV show that should have been cancelled years ago but is still on the air even though it is no longer is consistently entertaining becase the network doesn't have the guts to cancel it.

tony hipchest
12-21-2006, 07:32 PM
i would have to say farve is still pretty entertaining. he doesnt win but it is arguable that he has been a top 5 qb in the nfc. it wouldve been nice to see how he wouldve done if he wouldve wound up with the saints this last season.

Stillers#1
12-21-2006, 07:37 PM
I don't think I would wanna see him in another teams uniform, and yes I will be watching the game tonite.

boLT fan
12-21-2006, 07:46 PM
I don't think I would wanna see him in another teams uniform, and yes I will be watching the game tonite.

Speaking of that, I trusted my friends advice and started Favre (vs Vikings) over Palmer (vs Broncos). If Favre doesn't do better then Palmer and I lose the first round of the playoffs in FF i'm gonna kill him. :banging:

Livinginthe past
12-21-2006, 08:01 PM
I think Favre needs 8 TD's (in two games) to get past Marino and become the all-time TD pass leader - I guess its going to be an all out air assault tonight - Minny is only conceding 55 ypg on the ground.

I like Favre, I try to ignore the over enthusiastic commentators who end up putting you off the guy.....

NM

MACH1
12-21-2006, 08:54 PM
I like Favre, he's fun to watch. And I also have him on my FF this week so he better kick some Viking a**. :wink02:

HometownGal
12-21-2006, 09:46 PM
I have the utmost respect for Brett Favre. He's been through a helluva lot in the past several years but has given every game his best shot even when the chips were so down. Brett is one tough SOB and extremely entertaining to watch and if this is his last season - I wish this first-ballot HOF'er the very best life has to offer.

(I never picked him in FF - he throws too many picks - that -2 can really hurt - LOL!)

Livinginthe past
12-21-2006, 10:00 PM
I have the utmost respect for Brett Favre. He's been through a helluva lot in the past several years but has given every game his best shot even when the chips were so down. Brett is one tough SOB and extremely entertaining to watch and if this is his last season - I wish this first-ballot HOF'er the very best life has to offer.

(I never picked him in FF - he throws too many picks - that -2 can really hurt - LOL!)

I think Brett does genuinely feel the need to 'do it all' - his offense basically sucks and the D can't stop the pass.

His basic mechanics are sound, but his egotistical up-4-grabs passes are what kills him.

Im watching the game tonight because Chester Taylor is on my FF (and im in the final) - and im cringing watching that halfwit Vikes coach let a rookie throw the ball too much while 3 points down (now 6)

Run the ball dammit.

NM

polamalufan43
12-21-2006, 10:02 PM
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Oh sorry, must have fallen asleep.

I don't really care about Brett Farve much anymore, although I think that he is a good football player, I've just lost interest in watching his games.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

A.M.
12-21-2006, 10:40 PM
If he comes back next year...I won't be happy. He gathers all this hype "oh this is his last game in lambeau..."BLAH BLAH BLAH. lol I really just don't care for him anymore. He needs to retire IMO.

skidboot
12-22-2006, 09:06 AM
does anyone care?................

JOHN MADDEN DOES!!!

He can set the All-Time TD record if he continues and he can set the All-Time INT record also. (has he already set the INT record?)

He'd be like Nolan Ryan with the most K's and BB's.

MJ5150
12-27-2006, 03:22 AM
I care. I made a point of watching the game at Lambeau last week. It may have been his last game there. I will also watch them play the Bears this week.

-Mike

Preacher
12-27-2006, 05:52 AM
I like Favre.

I agree... He has been through a heck of a lot. He overcame pain med addiction... the loss of his father... etc.

That man deserves credit. And the funny thing is, he is still probably one of the best players on that team.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-27-2006, 06:01 AM
I like Favre.

I agree... He has been through a heck of a lot. He overcame pain med addiction... the loss of his father... etc.

That man deserves credit. And the funny thing is, he is still probably one of the best players on that team.

Agreed....and he is one of the few who hasnt let his fame become bigger than the man himself...I have alot of respect for him.

lovehines
12-27-2006, 11:44 AM
I definitely care! I've been a Packers fan all my life. I'll be watching the game against the Bears and praying for a miracle, although a miracle might not be necessary given their performance against Detroit on Sunday. I hope Brett stays another year and I hope he breaks Marino's TD record. Despite everything, he is still a great QB!