PDA

View Full Version : WTF is up with Livinginthe past??

theropodx
12-23-2006, 12:07 AM
How did a Patriots fan become a super moderator? Not really pissed, but burns me every time I read a thread and see your Pats helmet avatar. Of all teams--how did this come to be?

Time to live in the future--live Steelers!

klick81
12-23-2006, 02:21 AM
Haha...well, i guess it has to do with the fact that for the most part, he is no troll and makes constructive comments/criticism.

HometownGal
12-23-2006, 06:11 AM
How did a Patriots fan become a super moderator? Not really pissed, but burns me every time I read a thread and see your Pats helmet avatar. Of all teams--how did this come to be?

Steelers Fever (Mike) is the Administrator of this board and made the decision on Mods, which I think is well within his rights, theropodx.:wink02: From what I've seen thus far, LITP is doing a very good job as a Mod, which is all that matters, isn't it? :smile:

Livinginthe past
12-23-2006, 06:44 AM

As HTG explained it was the site owners decision.

Its a terrible thing that you can't read threads here without feeling a 'burn' - personally I dont think a simple 'team helmet' avatar should upset anyone that much.

You'll simply just have to get used to it.

NM

LarryNJ
12-23-2006, 06:52 AM
lol..that's pretty funny. Not really pissed but it burns him enough to start a thread about it. I can't wait to see him pissed!

Keep up the good work LITP! :tt:

Livinginthe past
12-23-2006, 07:08 AM
lol..that's pretty funny. Not really pissed but it burns him enough to start a thread about it. I can't wait to see him pissed!

Thanks man :cheers:

NM

Mosca
12-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Look past team affiliations and realize that what is important is a smooth running forum. While many might consider "Moderator' a title of esteem, what it really is is a JOB. Yes you have to be trusted to get the title, but it requires commitment. LITP has generously given of his time and discretion so that the rest of us can have a smooth running, troll free forum. If that burns anyone, I don't get it.

And LITP, more power to you for steeling up in the face of criticism.

Tom

Livinginthe past
12-23-2006, 07:18 AM
Look past team affiliations and realize that what is important is a smooth running forum. While many might consider "Moderator' a title of esteem, what it really is is a JOB. Yes you have to be trusted to get the title, but it requires commitment. LITP has generously given of his time and discretion so that the rest of us can have a smooth running, troll free forum. If that burns anyone, I don't get it.

And LITP, more power to you for steeling up in the face of criticism.

Tom

Cheers Tom

:thumbsup:

NM

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2006, 09:10 AM
Well said Mosca. HTG, LITP, and I didn't have to do this job. But SteelersFever asked us and we accepted. Heck I think LITP has been a great moderator to our team like HTG. The mods are given this job for a reason, our admin can trust us to do the job.

SteelersFever
12-23-2006, 10:52 AM
...and if anyone doesn't like it, you can kiss our... :moon: :sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2006, 11:03 AM
LOL! Well Said Boss.

Stillers#1
12-23-2006, 04:04 PM

LOL! Well Said Boss.

Sounds like SteelCity already is.

clevestinks
12-23-2006, 04:45 PM

With 43 posts under your belt, I dont think your ready to judge who is a mod around here. If you read his posts, and threads, they are really thought out and his football knowledge is unsurpassed considering he isnt a Steelers fan. All the mods do an exceptional job, and thay should all be congratulated for the job they do. This forum has grown so much, there is way to many people to keep track of. When I was asked to becoem a mod, I turned it down, because I didnt think I could keep up with everything.

Props to all the Mods.

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2006, 08:52 PM
Sounds like SteelCity already is.

HEY STILLERS! He's my boss. And also your lucky I don't just give you an infraction right now.

Preacher
12-23-2006, 09:28 PM

Well, I guess that settles this discussion!!:toofunny:

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2006, 09:29 PM
You can say that again Preacher

AvoidLlyod
12-23-2006, 10:21 PM
HEY STILLERS! He's my boss. And also your lucky I don't just give you an infraction right now.

:laughing:

Stillers#1
12-23-2006, 11:47 PM

Hey if you're going to get all butt hurt then give me an infraction, no skin off my ass.

But just to clear things up, we can't poke fun at mods.....got it.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-23-2006, 11:54 PM

LITP is a dedicated member and I do not know of a time that he was "out of line" when posting on this forum......Very knowledgable about the game and I see no reason that there should be a proublem.....If you look back at LITP post you will see that they are well thought out and make sense. I think LITP does a great job on this forum....
REMEMBER
Ya the patriots suck......but not all of their fans arent bad..... :):tt02:

HometownGal
12-24-2006, 12:30 AM
Hey if you're going to get all butt hurt then give me an infraction, no skin off my ass.

But just to clear things up, we can't poke fun at mods.....got it.

You can poke fun at me but just don't poke too hard, 'cause I'll bite ya. :bite: :wink02:

Stillers - I believe SCM was just trying to lighten up this thread a bit and "knowing' you as I do, maybe that is what you were attempting to do, as well. (I hope)

Look folks - this subject is getting almost as old as getting out the Ouija board for the hundredth time to determine Bill Cowher's future with the Steelers. :wink02: This in-fighting and naa-naa B.S. over a decision made by the person who made this board possible for all of us to share in and enjoy is ridiculous and petty. We're pretty much all adults here - let's act as such and work together as a team to continue to take this board to new heights instead of dragging it down to all-time lows. :cheers: There is a good reason why SF has over 4,000 members and continues to grow day by day and it aint because of our enormous selection of smiley icons. :smile:

theropodx
12-24-2006, 04:48 AM
Sorry, it's just--how do i say it--I'm a steelers fan. And I hate the Pats with a passion.

Strange to have a moderator of a forum who opposes the what the forum is all about, that's all. Must just be me. =)

theropodx
12-24-2006, 04:55 AM

Yeah maybe you weren't there but the Pats kicked our butts in more than one RECENT AFC champ game costing us trips to the super bowl. That burned.

And that's what I'd rather not be reminded of when I'm in the steelers forum.

And relax--I didn't rip anybody a new one. Just think it's odd that somebody who roots for the other side spends so much time here he gets promoted to super mod (super, no less). LOL

theropodx
12-24-2006, 05:00 AM
Well said Mosca. HTG, LITP, and I didn't have to do this job. But SteelersFever asked us and we accepted. Heck I think LITP has been a great moderator to our team like HTG. The mods are given this job for a reason, our admin can trust us to do the job.

...And for the record, I have no beef with the job he's doing. Again, just weird, so I thought I'd post. Oh, and I started to post in "Blast furnace" but I did want an answer, so I posted here where mods (incl litp) would see it.

I actually figured there would be a better story behind it than 'just because.' Do you really have no connection or loyalty to the steelers?

Livinginthe past
12-24-2006, 07:35 AM
Sorry, it's just--how do i say it--I'm a steelers fan. And I hate the Pats with a passion.

Strange to have a moderator of a forum who opposes the what the forum is all about, that's all. Must just be me. =)

I dont 'oppose what this forum is all about' - which is primarily giving fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers a platform to express their thoughts on their team.

So you hate the Patriots with a passion?

You aren't the only one here with that issue - plenty of posters hate the Patriots and I get along just fine with them.

Its not a wise idea to question the loyalty to the Steelers of those who dont have such a big problem with me.

As most people here know, I have nothing but respect for the Steelers and what they represent in the NFL - I do consider them huge rivals and hoped for a postseason matchup this year.

Sorry that there isnt a better 'story' regarding my appointment - I applied for it and got it - simple as that.

NM

stillers4me
12-24-2006, 08:04 AM
You can poke fun at me but just don't poke too hard, 'cause I'll bite ya. :bite: :wink02:

Stillers - I believe SCM was just trying to lighten up this thread a bit and "knowing' you as I do, maybe that is what you were attempting to do, as well. (I hope)

Look folks - this subject is getting almost as old as getting out the Ouija board for the hundredth time to determine Bill Cowher's future with the Steelers. :wink02: This in-fighting and naa-naa B.S. over a decision made by the person who made this board possible for all of us to share in and enjoy is ridiculous and petty. We're pretty much all adults here - let's act as such and work together as a team to continue to take this board to new heights instead of dragging it down to all-time lows. :cheers: There is a good reason why SF has over 4,000 members and continues to grow day by day and it aint because of our enormous selection of smiley icons. :smile:

I think LITP is a great mod (you, too HTG.........oh yeah...let's not forget that youngster SCM). It's nice to see a real football fan take up with the likes of us ....... I think that shows respect and appreciation for a great football franchise like we have in the Steel City. And I really, really like all the smileys........................:thumbsup:

Mosca
12-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Yeah maybe you weren't there but the Pats kicked our butts in more than one RECENT AFC champ game costing us trips to the super bowl. That burned.

Oh believe me, I remember that. But to paraphrase the immortal words of Dwayne Thomas, if it's so important then why do they start it all over again next year? We always get a chance to get even.

And relax--I didn't rip anybody a new one. Just think it's odd that somebody who roots for the other side spends so much time here he gets promoted to super mod (super, no less). LOL

I got where you were coming from, and I didn't get the feeling that you were doing anything more than asking. :thumbsup:

Remember that sometimes we all have to put aside our team affiliations and all pull together as Americans... er.... uh..... oh, wait.

Tom

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-24-2006, 08:37 AM

You are not the only one who feels this way!! Unfortunately we have lost some members who feel even more strongly about it than you and they will be missed.

There is never a decision that is universally accepted, especially when it involves a position like this. Having 4,000 + members, (how many actually active?), offers the chance for many different opinions, and NOBODY should be questioned because of their thoughts. Obviously this is going to be an ongoing discussion as long as there are new members, they are going to wonder why? In this type forum everyone is encouraged to voice their opinion, so if someone has a question about something, it doesn't mean they are "dragging it to a low point", they are just trying to get a feel for the place and the decision making process. I doubt highly that this will be the last time this will be brought up and this attitude, :moon:, to new members is not very friendly. Again this is another opinion...

BTW LITP so far so good, I'm sure you'll keep doing what you do !!

HometownGal
12-24-2006, 08:58 AM
BNGB - I do understand what you are saying, but this subject has now become like beating a dead horse, imho, of course. Nothing at all wrong with members (new or established) asking questions, but it isn't like this hasn't been discussed several times before. Of course we aren't always going to share the same opinion on this subject or various other topics and that is fine - healthy debate only makes a BB stronger, but in this case, dragging this out is pointless and redundant. The decision was made, LITP is doing his job as a Mod and doing it well - end of story. :smile:

SteelCityMan786
12-24-2006, 09:28 AM

Well said HTG. Yes i was trying to lighten this thread.

clevestinks
12-24-2006, 10:29 AM
I dont 'oppose what this forum is all about' - which is primarily giving fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers a platform to express their thoughts on their team.

You aren't the only one here with that issue - plenty of posters hate the Patriots and I get along just fine with them.

Its not a wise idea to question the loyalty to the Steelers of those who dont have such a big problem with me.

As most people here know, I have nothing but respect for the Steelers and what they represent in the NFL - I do consider them huge rivals and hoped for a postseason matchup this year.

Sorry that there isnt a better 'story' regarding my appointment - I applied for it and got it - simple as that.

NM

LITP, as you know" most of us here have your back!

I don`t hate the Pats, but I am jealous of thier success at times. But our succes in the past 10 years has almost mirrored the pats, with the exception of the pats ending our season a couple of times. That must be where the hate comes in. Your team had a QB, we didnt, now we do. Do`nt let some of the haters get you down, you have my respect.:cheers:

Livinginthe past
12-24-2006, 11:04 AM
LITP, as you know" most of us here have your back!

I don`t hate the Pats, but I am jealous of thier success at times. But our succes in the past 10 years has almost mirrored the pats, with the exception of the pats ending our season a couple of times. That must be where the hate comes in. Your team had a QB, we didnt, now we do. Do`nt let some of the haters get you down, you have my respect.:cheers:

Hey thanks Cleve!

I think most football fans have a grudging respect for what the Patriots have done - as you say, the critical head-2-heads havent been kind to the Steelers.

Appreciate the support - 99% of people have been great about me being a mod - but you cant please all of the people all of the time.

NM

polamalufan43
12-24-2006, 11:19 AM
Well, I don't see a problem with it at all. LITP is probably one of the only people who have come from other teams and haven't started something on here.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

theropodx
12-24-2006, 02:54 PM

You're making my point with that sentence. Don't get me wrong--I don't hate anybody's team or any fans in the sense I want them dead. I do "hate" them so much I don't want to support their fan sites. I'm surprised you choose to invest so heavily in another team's fan site.

Never said we don't get along. Hope you don't think so. We've been in same threads a couple times and even interacted directly but I didn't think you hated me and I sure never said I hated you.

Oh stop. I don't question the loyalty of steelers fans here. Never said that or anything like it. Don't put words in my mouth. (For the record, this is the first statement of yours that I don't like.)

I questioned your loyalty to the steelers. I thought maybe you were really a steelers fan but living in NE so you sortof root for both. Turns out you are not a steelers fan. You have no steelers fever....which is okay. But weird that you are a super mod here.

Most people have respect for the steelers. How can you not? But if you consider us huge rivals...

Most people have reasons behind their actions. I fully expected you chose to moderate because you had some sort of steelers fan, and not just because you could.

Last word: I do NOT have a problem with LITP personally. I still do find it strange that he's not a steeler's fan but is moderating a steelers fan site. But for the record: this forum rocks, and the mods are great so far as I have experienced.

Just weird to have a mod for this site who is happy when we lose.

Not going to say anymore today, bc we're losing right now, and I'm getting pissed.

HometownGal
12-24-2006, 03:16 PM
You're making my point with that sentence. Don't get me wrong--I don't hate anybody's team or any fans in the sense I want them dead. I do "hate" them so much I don't want to support their fan sites. I'm surprised you choose to invest so heavily in another team's fan site.

Never said we don't get along. Hope you don't think so. We've been in same threads a couple times and even interacted directly but I didn't think you hated me and I sure never said I hated you.

Oh stop. I don't question the loyalty of steelers fans here. Never said that or anything like it. Don't put words in my mouth. (For the record, this is the first statement of yours that I don't like.)

I questioned your loyalty to the steelers. I thought maybe you were really a steelers fan but living in NE so you sortof root for both. Turns out you are not a steelers fan. You have no steelers fever....which is okay. But weird that you are a super mod here.

Most people have respect for the steelers. How can you not? But if you consider us huge rivals...

Most people have reasons behind their actions. I fully expected you chose to moderate because you had some sort of steelers fan, and not just because you could.

Last word: I do NOT have a problem with LITP personally. I still do find it strange that he's not a steeler's fan but is moderating a steelers fan site. But for the record: this forum rocks, and the mods are great so far as I have experienced.

Just weird to have a mod for this site who is happy when we lose.

Not going to say anymore today, bc we're losing right now, and I'm getting pissed.

Thank you for keeping your post respectful. That's all we are asking 'round here. :cheers:

steelerbackr4life
12-24-2006, 03:43 PM
It is wierd having a Pats fan as a moderator. But it also a good thing to have a non biased opinion of things. He does not hate and from what I have seen consistently offers well constructed opinions and never spiteful arguments.
That being said I hope the Pats dont get 5 before we get 6

Preacher
12-24-2006, 07:14 PM

ROTFL... There is a man who knows his limitations!!:toofunny:

Good for you!

Preacher
12-24-2006, 07:17 PM

Hmmmm..... A Pats AND A WOMAN MOD? WHERE IS THIS SITE GOING? :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

:poke: <---- HTG

hardwork
12-24-2006, 07:33 PM

Just thank your lucky stars they didn't pick me.

Stillers#1
12-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Hmmmm..... A Pats AND A WOMAN MOD? WHERE IS THIS SITE GOING? :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

:poke: <---- HTG

Next thing you know women will be given the right to vote....yeesh.

Preacher
12-24-2006, 09:32 PM
Next thing you know women will be given the right to vote....yeesh.

Right to vote?? Heck... My wife only gets shoes every other weekend! :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

SteelCityMan786
12-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Right to vote?? Heck... My wife only gets shoes every other weekend! :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

I thought women got new shoes every weekend. jk.

Preacher
12-24-2006, 10:54 PM
:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Actually, my best freinds wife has over 50 pair of shoes. I have teased her for YEARS. Now, I think she has closer to a hundred!!

SteelCityMan786
12-24-2006, 10:57 PM
She'll have 100,000 before the end of 2007.

Big D
12-26-2006, 08:15 AM
I dont see the big deal of litp getting this position beings he is a fan of another team. However if litp were a bengals, browns are raven fan that might be another story. And if people are that senstive over a patriot fan being a mod then they arent that big of supporters for steelersfever anyways.

SteelCzar76
12-26-2006, 08:46 AM

Nah,.......it's pretty much whenever they want them. Ahhhh,......but such is life. (and hey i'm never one to stop a woman from "preserving her sexy") LMAO

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

SteelCzar76
12-26-2006, 09:15 AM
Remember that sometimes we all have to put aside our team affiliations and all pull together as Americans... er.... uh..... oh, wait.

Tom

Your sayin LITP isn't even American ?! Well that's the last straw,......farm tools, sticks and torches for everybody ! Who's with me ?!

.........uh........guys,......uh :sofunny:

Real talk though,.......your doing a stand up job Pats. No matter what your affiliation.

Disclaimer: This post does not however mean that Mr. Caesar will ever take any long warm showers and or frolick lovingly amidst a field of daisy's with a Patriots fan, player, Coach or member of front office staff. Only cheerleaders,....and even then,....they will be used like a middle ages bar wench and forgotten about. (due to the nature of their employer) LMAO

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2006, 10:02 AM
Nah,.......it's pretty much whenever they want them. Ahhhh,......but such is life. (and hey i'm never one to stop a woman from "preserving her sexy") LMAO

hahaha well said.

Livinginthe past
12-26-2006, 02:15 PM
Your sayin LITP isn't even American ?! Well that's the last straw,......farm tools, sticks and torches for everybody ! Who's with me ?!

Real talk though,.......your doing a stand up job Pats. No matter what your affiliation.

Disclaimer: This post does not however mean that Mr. Caesar will ever take any long warm showers and or frolick lovingly amidst a field of daisy's with a Patriots fan, player, Coach or member of front office staff. Only cheerleaders,....and even then,....they will be used like a middle ages bar wench and forgotten about. (due to the nature of their employer) LMAO

Hey thanks...I dont know who's more disappointed...me or those cheerleaders :sofunny:

NM

floodcitygirl
12-26-2006, 05:49 PM

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"Ok....that was funny...I don't care who ya are! :toofunny: You got my vote for best post in this thread!

Stillers#1
12-26-2006, 05:50 PM

Spekaing of which, I have been meaning to ask, how close do you live to RAF Mildenhall?

Livinginthe past
12-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Spekaing of which, I have been meaning to ask, how close do you live to RAF Mildenhall?

Its about 60/70 miles away - I live just north of London.

NM

Stillers#1
12-26-2006, 06:00 PM
Its about 60/70 miles away - I live just north of London.

NM

Whats a mile? I only go by kilo's. J/k Anyways, next time I go through we will have to try and have a Caffrey's. I usually try to hit the train to London, by the end of the night I am on top of a table singing "I'm Proud to be an American". lol

Livinginthe past
12-26-2006, 06:34 PM
Whats a mile? I only go by kilo's. J/k Anyways, next time I go through we will have to try and have a Caffrey's. I usually try to hit the train to London, by the end of the night I am on top of a table singing "I'm Proud to be an American". lol

Ha ha.

Yeah why not!

Give us a shout when your over and we'll have a beer and sing the 'God save The Queen'...agreed? :wink02:

NM

Stillers#1
12-26-2006, 07:18 PM
Ha ha.

Yeah why not!

Give us a shout when your over and we'll have a beer and sing the 'God save The Queen'...agreed? :wink02:

NM

WORD!

Big D
12-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Ha ha.

Yeah why not!

NM

I would just love to hear your accent

Livinginthe past
12-26-2006, 07:27 PM
I would just love to hear your accent

Typical whiny Brit!

Ha ha.

Imagine a slightly more sane version of the accents from the guys in Lock Stock - thats my part of the world - or close to it anyway.

NM

Preacher
12-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Ha ha.

Yeah why not!

NM

Yeah, I know it wasn't posted to me... but I just couldn't let this one pass...

God save the queen? Naaa... she's doing a good job.. HOW ABOUT GOD SAVE THE REST OF THE FAMILY!!
:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Livinginthe past
12-27-2006, 06:48 AM
Yeah, I know it wasn't posted to me... but I just couldn't let this one pass...

God save the queen? Naaa... she's doing a good job.. HOW ABOUT GOD SAVE THE REST OF THE FAMILY!!
:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

They are all a waste of taxpayers money if you ask me.

NM

Big D
12-27-2006, 07:38 AM
Typical whiny Brit!

Ha ha.

Imagine a slightly more sane version of the accents from the guys in Lock Stock - thats my part of the world - or close to it anyway.

NM

Have you ever seen the replacements? That movie with Keanu Reeves and gene hackman. That kicker is named nigel. And when i was watching it I thought hmmmm.

Livinginthe past
12-27-2006, 07:53 AM
Have you ever seen the replacements? That movie with Keanu Reeves and gene hackman. That kicker is named nigel. And when i was watching it I thought hmmmm.

Without fail Nigel is always a total dork with bad teeth - actually a bad guy dork with bad teeth.

Except in this case.....my teeth are passable :wink02:

I could definitely see myself saying "Lets place some football, bitch".....big mouth kickers eh?!

NM

Preacher
12-27-2006, 03:52 PM
They are all a waste of taxpayers money if you ask me.

NM

Naaa...

The crown should pass to one of the young prince's.

While I am not an Anglophile, the history of England and the U.K. is preserved and alive by having royalty. It is the tie to the past. I think it would be a shame to lose it.

Big D
12-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Without fail Nigel is always a total dork with bad teeth - actually a bad guy dork with bad teeth.

Except in this case.....my teeth are passable :wink02:

I could definitely see myself saying "Lets place some football, bitch".....big mouth kickers eh?!

NM

so you arent a kicker? And you arent wirey?

Livinginthe past
12-28-2006, 04:34 PM
so you arent a kicker? And you arent wirey?

Nope and nope.

NM

Preacher
12-28-2006, 11:35 PM
HEY..

LITP...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20982185-5001021,00.html (http://http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20982185-5001021,00.html)

Looks like my previous post about jumping a generation may be a smart post!

Sure would bring honor to the family!

Livinginthe past
12-29-2006, 06:19 AM
HEY..

LITP...

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20982185-5001021,00.html (http://http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20982185-5001021,00.html)

Looks like my previous post about jumping a generation may be a smart post!

Sure would bring honor to the family!

That will be an interesting story to keep an eye on.

It will give the army chiefs a real headache how to keep an eye on him - no-one wants to be responsible to losing the Royal Prince to kidnapping terrorists.

NM

Hawk Believer
12-29-2006, 09:42 AM
I sure wouldn't want to be in Harry's unit. Seems like they might get some extra attention from the insurgents. But I do think it is impressive that such a priveleged family does send their boys to the military. We'd (US and England) probably have a very different foreign policy if the lawmakers' kids served.

tony hipchest
12-29-2006, 02:14 PM
I sure wouldn't want to be in Harry's unit. .

"hehehehe...You said..."

ah... nevermind :chuckle:

Preacher
12-29-2006, 04:34 PM
I sure wouldn't want to be in Harry's unit. Seems like they might get some extra attention from the insurgents. But I do think it is impressive that such a priveleged family does send their boys to the military. We'd (US and England) probably have a very different foreign policy if the lawmakers' kids served.

Funny thing is... A number of them DO serve.

It is just kept quite so that they are not targed for kidnapping and made into a blackmail situation.

Hawk Believer
12-29-2006, 04:51 PM
"hehehehe...You said..."

ah... nevermind :chuckle:
:sofunny:
Funny thing is... A number of them DO serve.

It is just kept quite so that they are not targed for kidnapping and made into a blackmail situation.

Interesting. I remember reading an article a few years back that said in all of congress there was just one family member serving. I do remember McCain had a family member sign up for the Marines last year (that must have burned him being a Navy guy). I'd be curious to know what the percentages are. I suppose I should google it.

EDIT: I found an article from 2003. Here is what I was remembering.According to U.S. Rep. Charles Rangel, a Democrat from New York, they say, "only one member (of Congress) has a child in the enlisted ranks of the military, and just a few more have children who are officers."
So at that time there was just 1 enlisted serviceman. The number of officers must have been significant or else he would have said what it it.

Anyway, sorry for the thread drift. Back to the subject at hand. WTF is up with that demon from across the pond? :wink02: Why would a Brit support a team whose mascot is an American patriot? What the hell is a non-Steeler fan doing on this site anyway? :smile:

Preacher
12-29-2006, 06:11 PM
:sofunny:

Interesting. I remember reading an article a few years back that said in all of congress there was just one family member serving. I do remember McCain had a family member sign up for the Marines last year (that must have burned him being a Navy guy). I'd be curious to know what the percentages are. I suppose I should google it.

EDIT: I found an article from 2003. Here is what I was remembering.
So at that time there was just 1 enlisted serviceman. The number of officers must have been significant or else he would have said what it it.

Anyway, sorry for the thread drift. Back to the subject at hand. WTF is up with that demon from across the pond? :wink02: Why would a Brit support a team whose mascot is an American patriot? What the hell is a non-Steeler fan doing on this site anyway? :smile:

LOL... From the age of the congressmen an women... It would surprise me if they had children in the military anyway.

Preacher
12-29-2006, 06:12 PM
HEY... LITP

Think we can move this thread now?

It has certainly drifted away from the "Help Center--Feedback and Support" Category.

Might be better to re-name it too...

'General meanderings of British/American football fans?

tony hipchest
12-29-2006, 06:42 PM
i suggest we re-name it "harry's unit" :chuckle:

Livinginthe past
12-29-2006, 07:13 PM
HEY... LITP

Think we can move this thread now?

It has certainly drifted away from the "Help Center--Feedback and Support" Category.

Might be better to re-name it too...

'General meanderings of British/American football fans?

I dont know, just when you think everyone is aware that a Patriots fan has been made a mod on this forum someone else turns up....

Its handy, ready made thread for them to air their uneasiness at such a concept :wink02:

It also seems to have a random element of its own in here..lets see where it goes....

NM

Preacher
12-29-2006, 09:26 PM
i suggest we re-name it "harry's unit" :chuckle:

:tap: What in the world.. Is there anything that can be done.... Final answer... :hunch:

THERE AINT NO HELP!

Justin Otstott
01-02-2007, 02:58 PM
I don't mind him being a mod, he's cool! Just sucks that he is a pats fan lmao :)