PDA

View Full Version : The Rules apply here too!

Livinginthe past
12-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Look guys, im not a massive fan of dishing out multiple infractions before making an attempt to discuss the situation at hand.

There are a number of parties guilty of personal attacks in cetain threads in this sub-forum.

I am aware that personal attacks can be a gray area and that there are different levels and examples of it.

For example calling someone delusional because they are a total homer is one thing but calling someone Schizo or stupid is way out of line.

You may think your personal attack isn't so bad, but it opens a pandora's box until we start getting very unsavory stuff thrown at each other - I know, ive been on both ends of that set up.

Everyone loves a good 'Bungles suck' thread, but lets leave it short of making it so personal.

Im not going to hand out infractions for stuff that has happened up to this point - but its a heads up that this stuff wont be tolerated from now on.

Remember that all threads are a reflection on this site - not just the ones outside the Blast Furnace - the rules apply in here aswell - see link below

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=354

Lets keep the BF for what it was intended - laying smack on the Steelers opponents (and maybe getting a little back :wink02:)

Thanks for your time .

NM

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Well Said man. All of you who want to mess with the mods, we'll just deliever punishments right to ya.

83-Steelers-43
12-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Can we still call Joe Theisman an idiot? Even the football god's know we have a point.

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2006, 06:15 PM
Yes, he's not a member. We're more concerned with Personal attacks towards other members.

Big D
12-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Yes, he's not a member. We're more concerned with Personal attacks towards other members.

so does that mean I can still call k2 winslow a f@ggot

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2006, 06:34 PM
so does that mean I can still call k2 winslow a f@ggot

if he's not a member.

Mosca
12-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Well, if Theismann was a member, could you say that you HEARD he was an idiot?

Tom

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Your gonna need SF's interpretation on that one.

Livinginthe past
12-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Latest word on the street......

......Theismann is the biggest member in football.

Fire away though - he can handle it.

NM

Big D
12-26-2006, 06:42 PM
if he's not a member.

thats good scm. I dont think I can refrain myself. I'm not trying to offend anyone else other then kellen.

Stillers#1
12-26-2006, 06:42 PM
Well Said man. All of you who want to mess with the mods, we'll just deliever punishments right to ya.

So does that mean the mods cant partake in discussions where their judgment may be ridiculed?

You know me, devil's advocate.

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Latest word on the street......

......Theismann is the biggest member in football.

Fire away though - he can handle it.

NM

He's not a Steelers Fever member.

Livinginthe past
12-26-2006, 07:46 PM
He's not a Steelers Fever member.

Im not sure we'd even let him join - even if he asked nice and promised to talk like someone who watches the game.

NM

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2006, 08:08 PM
I wonder how soon he'd be banned.

X-Terminator
12-26-2006, 10:05 PM
So does that mean the mods cant partake in discussions where their judgment may be ridiculed?

You know me, devil's advocate.

Gotta ask the same thing. What exactly constitutes "messing with the mods?" Fair question, I think. I'd hate to end up getting an infraction if I simply disagree with a mod's opinion.

polamalufan43
12-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Yeah I was thinking about this too.
I think they mean if you try to do stuff that they said not to, such as the personal attacks. But I'll wait for the mods to say...

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Livinginthe past
12-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Gotta ask the same thing. What exactly constitutes "messing with the mods?" Fair question, I think. I'd hate to end up getting an infraction if I simply disagree with a mod's opinion.

'Messing with the mods' in this instance just means repeatedly breaking the forum rules.

No-one is going to get an infraction for disagreeing with a mod.

NM

SteelCityMan786
12-27-2006, 11:11 AM
LITP is correct.

If you disagree, no infraction.

CONSTANTLY BREAKING THE RULES=MESSING WITH THE MODS.