PDA

View Full Version : Almost Xmas; Hours away from the Game; How you feeling;

ChronoCross
12-23-2006, 08:53 PM
Almost xmas, hours before the game, you know there is a chance at the playoffs which is unreal when most were uncertain we would not even be in this point. KC winning its game to help the scenario's. Big Ben is playing better, offensive line blocking better, defense playing better, were holding onto the ball. My stomach is in a uproar, wanting revenge on the Ravens and believing at the end of the day we still have a chance to make the playoffs. Possible having the Steelers vs Bengals moved to Primetime even shows more that there seeing us coming.

I do not know about you all but, hey I got that feeling. I am ready for anything just in case but no way did I figure we would even be close to even having a chance for the playoffs.

Go Steelers. We here for ya Steelers, no matter what.

How do you all feel.

floodcitygirl
12-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Trying to take one game at a time....praying that we come out with W's for these last two...and as I mentioned once before this season....just hanging on to my skivvies for the ride!!!! :tt02:

Sith Lord
12-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Cant forsee me getting much sleep tonight. I might have to medicate.

clevestinks
12-23-2006, 09:18 PM
Well I`m home early, and sober. SOOOOOOOOooooooo looking forward to the game. Lets get it on!
Christmas? cant wait, Ipod video,digital camera, and a new cell phone, is just the start of my daughters Christmas. And the wife will be pretty happy also.

STEELERS 27 ratbirds 7

BigDuke6
12-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Cant forsee me getting much sleep tonight. I might have to medicate.

Good for you Sith....I'm well medicated right now....Really excited for manyana....Steelers gonna win this one boys....Is it time for Jeffy to win one at the wire for us ? Or are we just gonna kick butt ??

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm getting in game mode.

83-Steelers-43
12-23-2006, 09:31 PM
Wait, don't we have to be politically correct here? We can't say "X-mas"!!! I'm offended. *calls the ACLU*

Anyways, I'm also home early and sober. I'm not used to these 1:00 home games. Getting up early, going to the game, coming home, spending time with my family, eating the traditional Italian fish meal for Christmas Eve, drinking lots of wine, watching tv and then going to sleep.

stillers4me
12-23-2006, 09:39 PM
I covering all bases just like I did last year for the playoffs..........meditation, prayers, rosaries, novenas, candles, incense, voodoo curses and a ritual sacrifice for good measure.

Hey Flood.......now might be a good time for that one particular sacrifice we discussed..........:tt02:

clevestinks
12-23-2006, 09:40 PM
Wait, don't we have to be politically correct here? We can't say "X-mas"!!! I'm offended. *calls the ACLU*

Anyways, I'm also home early and sober. I'm not used to these 1:00 home games. Getting up early, going to the game, coming home, spending time with my family, eating the traditional Italian fish meal for Christmas Eve, drinking lots of wine, watching tv and then going to sleep.

Sounds like tonite for me, just had Tilapia for dinner, came home and opened a bottle of wine.,

83-Steelers-43
12-23-2006, 09:58 PM
Fish for tomorrow: baccala, clams with pasta, calamari, salmon, scungilli, mussels and shrimp. I'm almost looking forward to the food more than I am the actual game.

tony hipchest
12-23-2006, 10:06 PM
Fish for tomorrow: baccala, clams with pasta, calamari, salmon, scungilli, mussels and shrimp. I'm almost looking forward to the food more than I am the actual game.that sounds like a trip down to Wholey's.

i feel like the steelers will wake up the rest of the nfl by manhandling the" great "ravens

Sith Lord
12-23-2006, 10:17 PM
Fish for tomorrow: baccala, clams with pasta, calamari, salmon, scungilli, mussels and shrimp. I'm almost looking forward to the food more than I am the actual game.

NIIIIIIICE!

83-Steelers-43
12-23-2006, 10:19 PM
that sounds like a trip down to Wholey's.

i feel like the steelers will wake up the rest of the nfl by manhandling the" great "ravens

That's the cousin's job. I just get to enjoy it after the game. His job, get fish, be home by kickoff. My job, be out of the house by hopefully 8:30-9:00. I got it all setup Tony. :banana:

As for the game, I think it will be damn close but I see us pulling if off.

83-Steelers-43
12-23-2006, 10:30 PM
NIIIIIIICE!

So what ya got cookin' Sith Lord? Don't say chopped up ewoks! :wink02:

tony hipchest
12-23-2006, 10:40 PM
That's the cousin's job. I just get to enjoy it after the game. His job, get fish, be home by kickoff. My job, be out of the house by hopefully 8:30-9:00. I got it all setup Tony. :banana:

As for the game, I think it will be damn close but I see us pulling if off.wholeys is like primantis for me. i will never go to pittsburgh and not stop in for a 1 pound cod snadwich.

a wholeys sandwich for lunch and primantis for dinner is all the fuel i need for a day and evening downtown. enjoy the game and dinner. i will be there in spirit.

i couldnt imagine a better christmas eve. great food, football, friends and family = F'n Fantastic!

83-Steelers-43
12-23-2006, 10:44 PM
wholeys is like primantis for me. i will never go to pittsburgh and not stop in for a 1 pound cod snadwich.

a wholeys sandwich for lunch and primantis for dinner is all the fuel i need for a day and evening downtown. enjoy the game and dinner. i will be there in spirit.

i couldnt imagine a better christmas eve. great food, football, friends and family = F'n Fantastic!

If you get a chance, try a "Benkovitz" sandwich on the Strip. Excellent fish.

Have a Happy and safe Christmas Eve Tony. Eat good food, watch the game, sit back, relax and watch us put a beatin on ol' Ray-Ray and Co. :cheers:

tony hipchest
12-23-2006, 10:53 PM
If you get a chance, try a "Benkovitz" sandwich on the Strip. Excellent fish.

Have a Happy and safe Christmas Eve Tony. Eat good food, watch the game, sit back, relax and watch us put a beatin on ol' Ray-Ray and Co. :cheers:will do, and will ask about "benkovitz". i just got a call from my dad from a crowded bar in pgh. he had to rub it in that him, 2 of my uncles and cousin are out bar hopping for the evening.

*sigh* im "pittsburgh (home) sick"

i'll eat a tamale for you though, bro! :cheers:

83-Steelers-43
12-23-2006, 11:00 PM
will do, and will ask about "benkovitz". i just got a call from my dad from a crowded bar in pgh. he had to rub it in that him, 2 of my uncles and cousin are out bar hopping for the evening.

*sigh* im "pittsburgh (home) sick"

i'll eat a tamale for you though, bro! :cheers:

Sounds good.

For you, I'll tell Ray-Ray that's he a bum who in all right should be doing 5 to 10 in the Baltimore Pen. Can I have your address and phone number so I can give it to Ray-Ray just in case he want's it? :wink02:

Focker................out. :wave:

tony hipchest
12-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Sounds good.

For you, I'll tell Ray-Ray that's he a bum who in all right should be doing 5 to 10 in the Baltimore Pen. Can I have your address and phone number so I can give it to Ray-Ray just in case he want's it? :wink02:

Focker................out. :wave:lol

sure, its

Tony Hipchest
0055 JPeezy Blvd
Pgh PA 15201

(tell ed reed that farrior was the TRUE defensive mvp, too :wink02: )

baltimore is seeking their FIRST season sweep of the steelers. :chuckle: its not gonna happen.

MJ5150
12-24-2006, 12:45 AM
I am super excited. All I ask is that we don't get blown out. A win would be awesoe of course.

I'm a bit upset that my local TV will be showing the Patriots and Jags instead of the Steelers. I can understand why they chose that game though, once I set my emotions aside.

It looks like I'll be sitting in front of my PC watching the Steelers game on streaming video.

-Mike

ChronoCross
12-24-2006, 01:10 AM
I am super excited. All I ask is that we don't get blown out. A win would be awesoe of course.

I'm a bit upset that my local TV will be showing the Patriots and Jags instead of the Steelers. I can understand why they chose that game though, once I set my emotions aside.

It looks like I'll be sitting in front of my PC watching the Steelers game on streaming video.

-Mike

I invested in NFL Sunday ticket years ago and have loved it ever since. You have a lot of people that do not get it because they only say its a waste of money because they only watch one team. But me I get my steelers and I watch all the other games and flip between others. My wife got upset this year and said; its bad enough that you hog the TV all Sunday thru Sunday Night, then Monday and Now Thursday. As long as there is Sunday Ticket ill never miss a Steelers game again.

Man its 2am and I am fired up and ready for the game.

MJ5150
12-24-2006, 02:06 AM
I invested in NFL Sunday ticket.......

I thought about it, but I like what Comcast offers in my area overall better than satellite. Plus, my Steeler loving buddy has NFL Sunday Ticket, so I normally go to his house for the games I can't get on my TV.

But, he left for New Orleans this morning to go do some volunteer relief work. So I'm stuck like Chuck.

-Mike

ChronoCross
12-24-2006, 02:18 AM
I thought about it, but I like what Comcast offers in my area overall better than satellite. Plus, my Steeler loving buddy has NFL Sunday Ticket, so I normally go to his house for the games I can't get on my TV.

But, he left for New Orleans this morning to go do some volunteer relief work. So I'm stuck like Chuck.

-Mike

You should of clubbed him in the head and took his key then said seeya when you get back. That is nice of him to go down there, hats off to him. He needs to watch himself tho there is still a lot of trouble down there, scams and all kinds of stuff. But anyone that goes down there to help is a good person.

ravensFan
12-24-2006, 05:15 AM
Big Ben on the Bart Scott hit... "thats probably the hardest I've ever been hit in my life"
Suggs on the hit... "I was 30 yards downfield and I heard it."
Scott on the hit... "It's just good to put Pittsburgh out of its misery," "When you can do that, it's gratifying."

They kept blitzing, they kept blitzing, they kept blitzing," said Steelers running back Willie Parker. "They were blitzing out of formations they weren't supposed to be blitzing out of."

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-24-2006, 05:33 AM
Big Ben on the Bart Scott hit... "thats probably the hardest I've ever been hit in my life"
Suggs on the hit... "I was 30 yards downfield and I heard it."
Scott on the hit... "It's just good to put Pittsburgh out of its misery," "When you can do that, it's gratifying."

They kept blitzing, they kept blitzing, they kept blitzing," said Steelers running back Willie Parker. "They were blitzing out of formations they weren't supposed to be blitzing out of."

Wow..so now we are reduced to just pasting the same remarks on multiple pages...you are truly a valuable addition to the forum...Thanks so much for these well thought out remarks..you are a shining example of the knowledge and class that we like to call the Ravens Fanbase :thumbsup:

Elvis
12-24-2006, 06:11 AM
When I first saw the tittle to this thread my jaw :jawdrop: ... first of all you DONT Take Christ out of Christmas.. ok?.. Christ is the reason for the season and Dont Ever Forget that!! Not trying to be a bully or anything and I hope that I dont cause trouble but please dont do that... I really believe the Ravens could be the team that represents the AFC this year in the Super Bowl but I hope not. I hope that we can put a niche in thier armor today and make it a very long offseason for the Bungles next sunday...:tt02: :wave:

james203
12-24-2006, 06:23 AM

-Mike

i dont care for the pats & hot shot brady but just today & only today i will for sure be rooting for the pats.this xmas ill be home alone & it sure would be a gift for a steelers win & a jags,bengals,jets loss.im sure their are a few teams i forgot & may they lose also.game starts in 5 hr-40 mins.

Elvis
12-24-2006, 06:51 AM
NO RESPECT...:jawdrop:

clevestinks
12-24-2006, 08:12 AM
When I first saw the tittle to this thread my jaw :jawdrop: ... first of all you DONT Take Christ out of Christmas.. ok?.. Christ is the reason for the season and Dont Ever Forget that!! tt02: :wave:

Well spoken! Merry CHRISTmas!

HometownGal
12-24-2006, 08:41 AM
3 hours and 20 minutes and counting! I've been pumped for this game all week and the closer it gets to kickoff, the more pumped I'm getting! :tt02:

Merry CHRISTmas everyone! :smile:

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-24-2006, 08:43 AM
Time to go put on STEELERS gear and finish shopping, then watch game !!!