PDA

View Full Version : how come the threads "views" counter no longer works?

tony hipchest
12-24-2006, 04:37 PM
for several weeks the amount of views of a thread has been the same as the # of posts in that thread + 1.

Livinginthe past
12-24-2006, 05:45 PM
I dont think any of us mods will be able to answer that question.

Maybe Mike will know something - we'll let you know if he does,

NM

X-Terminator
12-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Hmm, you know I never noticed that. Being an admin myself and having used this software for the past year on another board, it could either be a setting or a glitch - I do know that this version of the software has bugs and security holes in it, and has since been patched. Maybe upgrading to the latest version of it might help - who knows? It might also help with the seemingly unending number of spambots that have popped up here over the past several weeks. We had a problem with that as well, and ever since we upgraded, we have not had a problem with them.

tony hipchest
01-07-2007, 11:22 PM
im still curious about this. whats the point in having a view counter if it doesnt even work?

SteelersFever
01-12-2007, 04:15 PM
It does work. It's just on a delay (each hour it updates). I have it set this way because it's less intensive on the server. I may change it to update in real-time though.

tony hipchest
01-12-2007, 06:54 PM
It does work. It's just on a delay (each hour it updates). I have it set this way because it's less intensive on the server. I may change it to update in real-time though.
so its just a huge coincidence that in the last 2 months EVERY thread has been viewed just one more time than it has been responded to? its not working. take a look.

dig up any thread more than 2 months old and you will see the views all outnumber the posts by more than 1

BB2W
01-14-2007, 11:04 AM
The "Fantasy NASCAR League" thread I posted is not updating views... unless I'm the only one who likes NASCAR. :frown:

SteelersFever
01-16-2007, 01:19 PM
I'm still looking into this. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

tony hipchest
01-16-2007, 06:32 PM
NP and thanks. not that it matters much, but its kinda like a hits counter for the board as a whole. you like to know "what works"

SteelersFever
01-19-2007, 11:43 PM
Hey Tony, it should now be working properly! :smile:

Preacher
01-20-2007, 01:48 AM
Though my name aint Tony...

Thanks SF!!