PDA

View Full Version : LIVE TO FIGHT ANOTHER DAY......

NV STEELERS 723
12-24-2006, 04:53 PM
As I'm sitting here in my new STEELER socks and #86 jersey, I can't help but be sad.... I really am....I never saw Air McNair being that QB Marshall for the Ravs....I saw him as a always injured-Qb that wouldn't play 4 games for them...they domintated us really, really,really good....

We just are not a good football team.....injuries and distractions have played a annoying part of our season... I'm still in shock that our STEELERS are not making the playoffs !!!!!!!!

But I'm not about to sit here on X-Mas Eve and fire STEELER players for not living up to their potential... it just happens sometimes in life....They are not perfect, and we are not perfect... I'm sure our coaching staff and The Rooneys are suffering too w/ the disapointment of our season....

So, I think we should root like hell to beat the &%(^%&%^$!# out of the Bungals, and remember that we will Live to Fight Another Day .......

ps.... the draft will help us,,,,, remember Bradshaw,Green,LC,Stallworth,Swann,Lambert,Ham,She ll,Franco, Ben,Troy,Hines do I have to go on?:computer: This is a long post for me :-)

skidboot
12-24-2006, 04:56 PM
We got exactly what we deserved this year.

We turned the ball over with alarming regularity earlier in the season and paid the price for it.

We got beaten by a better Ratbird team twice and deserved each loss.

Add in undisciplined play....a lack of focus and a lack of execution and you have the recipe for disaster.

We lost our identity this year.

We can and will be back.

SteelCzar76
12-24-2006, 05:00 PM
We got exactly what we deserved this year.

We turned the ball over with alarming regularity earlier in the season and paid the price for it.

We got beaten by a better Ratbird team twice and deserved each loss.

Add in undisciplined play....a lack of focus and a lack of execution and you have the recipe for disaster.

We lost our identity this year.

We can and will be back.

"Nuff Said"

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

skidboot
12-24-2006, 05:02 PM
with the Parity that there is in Today's NFL a team can turn it around in a heartbeat.

gotta do the little things better than the other team though.

beat the guy in front of you.

tony hipchest
12-24-2006, 05:04 PM
we are a really good football team. just not this year.

i have followed mcnair his whole career and he is definitely a good one. the only ravens downfall (even going back to their sb season) has been their lack of qb. ravens spent good money and picks to acquire him. his past injuries have really been flukes and not a sign of weakness.

i couldnt believe he just fell into their laps in the pre season. they lucked out. it took the steelers 20+ years to get a qb of his calibur.

skidboot
12-24-2006, 05:11 PM
I have a bit of a problem calling us a "good football team".

Good football teams don't get pummelled.
Good football teams don't go turning over the ball all the time.
Good football teams don't play with a lack of passion and focus.
Good football teams don't play dumb football by getting flagged for undisciplined play.

We are what we are.

We'll be back though.

Tankus_Maximus
12-24-2006, 05:12 PM
I gotta agree with everyone on this post.

The earlier losses when Ben wasn't 100% surely played a factor in our missing the playoffs. Had Cowher spelled Ben for Batch, we'd be in a much better position.

The offensive line..... well..they truly were offensive (in a bad term). The Ravens (both times) got too much pressure on Ben too often. This happened with Jax & SD. That's 4 distinct losses that the O-Line can, and should hang squarely on THEIR shoulders.

With that being said..the key components for another Super Bowl run are already in place. I belive Kemoeatu is ready & willing to step in for Kendall Simmons...and the issue of an OT needs to be addressed in the upcoming draft.

SwedishSteeler
12-24-2006, 05:15 PM

Good football teams don't play dumb football by getting flagged for undisciplined play.

We are what we are.

We'll be back though.

You just dont give up do you? How did you manage to turn a positive, encouraging thread into a boring, pessimistic fvcking kindergarten thread?...

HometownGal
12-24-2006, 05:19 PM
I'm sad, too, NV, but it isn't the end of the world, the end of the Pittsburgh Steelers winning future Super Bowls or my love for this organization and team. Great teams overcome adversity, as we did last season and this year, we just weren't a great team. I'm going to cheer like hell for 'em next Sunday whether they can ruin the Bungles' playoff hopes or not - win, lose or draw - they're my team and I'm still damned proud to be a Pittsbugh Steelers fan. :tt02:

P.S. It's snowin' like hell in Denver - GO BRONCS! :banana:

skidboot
12-24-2006, 05:20 PM
You just dont give up do you? How did you manage to turn a positive, encouraging thread into a boring, pessimistic fvcking kindergarten thread?...

Not one thing I said wasn't the truth.

We'll be back.

SteelCzar76
12-24-2006, 05:21 PM

LMAO,....so how do you really feel Swedish ?:sofunny:

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

NV STEELERS 723
12-24-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm rootin like hell for Denver too.... I bet on them straight up to cover 3........

I also think about all the STEELER stuff, and about what LLT did for that kid....that is still laying in my mind.....

That was awesome what he did....I can't say enough...

SwedishSteeler
12-24-2006, 05:27 PM
LMAO,....so how do you really feel Swedish ?:sofunny:

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Ya dont wanna know.

skidboot
12-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Have an Iron City......

HometownGal
12-24-2006, 05:28 PM

C'mon Swede - skidboot is entitled to his opinion here whether we agree or disagree. We're all a little frustrated right now.

SwedishSteeler
12-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Cant. Im in virginia.

SwedishSteeler
12-24-2006, 05:29 PM
C'mon Swede - skidboot is entitled to his opinion here whether we agree or disagree. We're all a little frustrated right now.

Yeah he is and im not bashing him for it....But cant we keep that negative stuff out of the positive threads?

skidboot
12-24-2006, 05:30 PM

We'll get better.
I guarantee it.

SwedishSteeler
12-24-2006, 05:30 PM
We'll get better.
I guarantee it.

You could have just said that in the first place...Thats all I ask...go somewhere else if your going to say why we are not a good team...which we obviously are (just not at the moment)

tony hipchest
12-24-2006, 05:31 PM

We are what we are.

We'll be back though.

uh... good football teams DO win the superbowl which is EXACTLY what we did less than a year ago. we are in much better position than many superbowl winners of the past 15 years.

not saying you cant see the glass as half empty. i just chose to see it as half full

SteelCzar76
12-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Ya dont wanna know.

Well take some solace in the fact that your not alone. You've got an entire Steeler Nation and most of the players and coaches that can relate.
But hey,.....no problems,.....only solutions. (At least that's my motto):helmet:

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

skidboot
12-24-2006, 05:36 PM
uh... good football teams DO win the superbowl which is EXACTLY what we did less than a year ago. we are in much better position than many superbowl winners of the past 15 years.

not saying you cant see the glass as half empty. i just chose to see it as half full

thats last year.

this year?......

we have problems that IMO are correctable.

we don't stay down for long and when we come back we'll be kickin arse.

ChronoCross
12-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Were a good football team having a bad season is all there is to it. No one 5 weeks ago even thought we would come close to the playoffs. Even tho short it maybe and now were out its time to prepair for next season. Everyone should of already be prepaired for us not making the playoffs. It does hurt but not as bad as it would be if we were actually in the hunt from the beginning. Lets just sit back enjoy the SB we have one and get ready to make another SB run next season.

NV STEELERS 723
12-24-2006, 05:38 PM
I'm just curious what Atlanta Dan has to say on this thread...

skidboot
12-24-2006, 05:39 PM
You could have just said that in the first place...Thats all I ask...go somewhere else if your going to say why we are not a good team...which we obviously are (just not at the moment)

Sorry, I just like to think of myself as being realistic.

If we want to act like everything is fine and dandy then we are foolin ourselves aren't we?

tony hipchest
12-24-2006, 06:01 PM
thats last year.

this year?......

we have problems that IMO are correctable.

we don't stay down for long and when we come back we'll be kickin arse.definitely. after so many afc champ game heartbreaks, winning the sb last year shows that our franchise is in the right direction of winning that ellusive 5th ring. or 6th, 7th, etc...

skidboot
12-24-2006, 06:21 PM
definitely. after so many afc champ game heartbreaks, winning the sb last year shows that our franchise is in the right direction of winning that ellusive 5th ring. or 6th, 7th, etc...

NFL is a tight league. Staying on top is alot easier said than done nowadays.

We'll be back.

SwedishSteeler
12-24-2006, 06:24 PM
Skid...You say "That's last year" like it doesnt matter. Thats exactly what the colts and redskins fans round here say when i mention our superbowl(s)..."That's last year.".

And like i said...be realistic all you want..,.just be realistic in that sort of way somewhere other than threads focused on positivity.

Stillers#1
12-24-2006, 06:30 PM

You can hide from the truth all you want man. The fact of the matter is, we aren't a good football team right now. Does that man we should stop cheering? On the contrary, it means we should cheer harder. Just because our team isnt the best, doesn't mean we arent the best fans.

OneForTheToe
12-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Well, since the bungles just lived up to their name (by missing an extra point to tie the game no less) we might have a lot to play for next week - ruining a bungles dream.

skidboot
12-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Skid...You say "That's last year" like it doesnt matter. Thats exactly what the colts and redskins fans round here say when i mention our superbowl(s)..."That's last year.".

And like i said...be realistic all you want..,.just be realistic in that sort of way somewhere other than threads focused on positivity.

Our Super Bowl win last year doesn't put W's in the win column this year.
Should we just call in a mulligan on this season?
Last year is over with.....or do we keep on thinking that since we won SB XL that the future regardless of what we do doesn't matter.....afterall we won last year.

I'm proud of what we accomplished last year don't get me wrong. I've been a Steelers fan for a LONG time and watched and waited as we came close but were never able to get the win.

Winning last year is what it is. Last year is over with. Who knows maybe the players played like this year didn't matter since they won last year?

I like the Dreams of the Future much more than the History of the Past.

skidboot
12-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Well since the bungles just lived up to their (by missing an extra poit, no less) we might have a lot to play for next week - ruining a bungles dream.

OHHHH and wouldn't that be awful!?!?

:bouncy:

X-Terminator
12-24-2006, 07:09 PM
Well, since the bungles just lived up to their name (by missing an extra point to tie the game no less) we might have a lot to play for next week - ruining a bungles dream.

And on their own turf. Again.

stillers4me
12-24-2006, 07:10 PM
If nothing else, my life at work this week just got a whole lot easier............!

MJ5150
12-24-2006, 07:14 PM
I got a really sick feeling in my heart as I walked out of the Oakland Coliseum back at the end of October after watching that pitiful Steeler performance. Today, the Ravens drove the stake through my heart and put me out of my misery.

Yeah, I'm totally bummed right now, but I also feel this tremendous relief. Relief in knowing that the season is officially over and I don't have to worry about what all the other AFC teams are doing and all of the other formulas for us to make the playoffs.

So yeah, it is kind of a bittersweet feeling for me now.

-Mike

NV STEELERS 723
12-24-2006, 07:39 PM
Live to Fight Another Day......... and we will!

Preacher
12-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Boys and girls...

this year, we couldn't pull it together against better teams, we couldn't pull it together against the worst team in the NFL (Raiders). There is nothing wrong with admitting that this is a horrible year... IN ANY THREAD.

But may I remind YOU ALL... What happened last time the Steelers missed the playoffs! Only this time, we will go to the SB twice... and win both times!

NV STEELERS 723
12-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Boys and girls...

this year, we couldn't pull it together against better teams, we couldn't pull it together against the worst team in the NFL (Raiders). There is nothing wrong with admitting that this is a horrible year... IN ANY THREAD.

But may I remind YOU ALL... What happened last time the Steelers missed the playoffs! Only this time, we will go to the SB twice... and win both times!

I like this guy..

dlsf8607
12-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah I can agree live to fight another day, but that doesn't make the pain of this season any easier. I understand that it isn't the end of the world, and that life goes on, all that, but as I sat listening to the radio, listening to the team I love get pummeled by a team i despise, it does hurt, especially when it ends the season the way it did. It was a long frustrating year, and this game sorta symbolized it. I guess all you can do is rest and recoup and hope that next year we can put it together consistently the way we were at points this year.

Stlrs4Life
12-24-2006, 09:49 PM
I agree with the earlier posts, we will be back no doubt. Frustrating is the best way to describe this years team.

Preacher
12-24-2006, 09:59 PM
I like this guy..

Why thankya!:thumbsup:

stillers4me
12-24-2006, 10:26 PM
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.........Revenge Tour 2007.

Preacher
12-24-2006, 10:29 PM
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.........Revenge Tour 2007.

Not sure if I should agree with a quote from Nietzche! But I like the concept.