PDA

View Full Version : pats vs. jags

tony hipchest
12-24-2006, 06:24 PM
horrible call. definitely a forward pass. but then again the pats get the benefit of the doubt with the tuck rule, why should gerrards "fumble" be any different.

3 to be 4
12-24-2006, 06:40 PM
who cares. Patriots are in.

im waiting for the "yeah, but they havent beaten anybody with a winning record" complaint.

yes, its true. no wins over a team with a winning record.

except Cincinnati on the road. but nobody else

except Chicago. But Cincinnati and Chicago. nobody else

except the Jets on the road. oh, all right. Cincinnati, Chicago and the Jets

and now the Jags at Alltel. But thats it! Just 4 teams.

that doesnt compare with that one win the Steelers had over the Saints.

tony hipchest
12-24-2006, 06:46 PM
that doesnt compare with that one win the Steelers had over the Saints.that was a great win wasnt it??? :bouncy:

Livinginthe past
12-24-2006, 06:52 PM
It was a great performance by the Patriots today - pretty much marched up and down the field on a team that has been awesome at home.

Brady put this one his back and came through with flying colors - our WR's made some great catches too.

I was worried when Brady took that huge hit to the back when a defender led with his helmet (please avoid the obvious puns here :wink02: ) but he was back in 1 play later.

24 points on a team that had been letting in just 9 per game is pretty special.

Patriots shut down Jones-Drew for the most part - excpet for the fluke 74 yd YD where he ran into the back of his own lineman and the nearest Patriots thought he was down - oh well you cant expect perfection.

NM

tony hipchest
12-24-2006, 07:16 PM
i guess no one cares to address the bogus call to essentially end the game.

arm going forward + fumble = incomplete pass

simple

Livinginthe past
12-24-2006, 07:22 PM
I'll address it.

The call on the field was a fumble - There wasn't enough evidence to be sure that his arm was coming forward while he still had control of the ball.

Seemed to me like the ball slipped out the side of his hand before there was any type of forward momentum.

We had one very bogus 'roughing the passer' call on an interception - but then there is plenty of those about this year.

NM

3 to be 4
12-24-2006, 07:46 PM
i guess no one cares to address the bogus call to essentially end the game.

arm going forward + fumble = incomplete pass

simple

I'll address it.

WHOPPIE!!!!!!!!! WE GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer: :banana: :chicken: :banana: :chicken: :cheer: :thumbsup:

tony hipchest
12-24-2006, 09:37 PM
I'll address it.

WHOPPIE!!!!!!!!! WE GOT THE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer: :banana: :chicken: :banana: :chicken: :cheer: :thumbsup:well, i'll take an honest assesment over anything else, athough i can see where a ball going forward might "slip" out of ones hand while being hit. :rolleyes:

3 to be 4
12-24-2006, 09:43 PM
WHO CARES!!!! WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
12-24-2006, 09:56 PM
WHO CARES!!!! WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! "aso grasshoppa"

"i see you are experienced after the raiders playoff game. your sword has matched my steel. but how do you fare against the tiger style?"

Livinginthe past
12-24-2006, 09:56 PM
C'mon at least the Seahawks fans had the good grace to whine about a game their team was actually involved in.

Bring on the playoffs.

NM

tony hipchest
12-24-2006, 10:00 PM
C'mon at least the Seahawks fans had the good grace to whine about a game their team was actually involved in.

Bring on the playoffs.

NM--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

horrible call. definitely a forward pass. but then again the pats get the benefit of the doubt with the tuck rule, why should gerrards "fumble" be any different.

wouldnt have kept the pats out of the playoffs anyways.

bad call nevertheless. i can see that. can you?

Livinginthe past
12-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Go Patriots!!

Del Rio is being a real classless crybaby in his press conference - calling into question the prefectly good TD catch by Thomas aswell as the game clinching fumble.

If they were capable of winning more than 2 games on the road then they wouldnt be in such a desperate state.

Onto the Titans...I wonder of the Patriots will rest some players next week?

NM

3 to be 4
12-24-2006, 10:04 PM
"aso grasshoppa"

"i see you are experienced after the raiders playoff game. your sword has matched my steel. but how do you fare against the tiger style?"

A) Tuck Rule is a stupid rule but it is the rule so the call was correct

B) Raiders laid down like dogs after

C) Patriots took advantage of second chance

D) Patriots came into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers

E) Patriots beat the "Greatest Show on Turf"

did the '76 Raiders give back their trophy after the Ben Dreith call?
did the '78 Yankees give back their trophy after Reggie stuck his butt out to block a throw in pivotal Game 4?
did the Steelers give back the AFC trophy after the Oilers got ripped off?

No shame in that snow game. the fact the Raiders felt screwed made it all the more sweet!

Livinginthe past
12-24-2006, 10:09 PM
3tobe4,

I would copy paste that post into a word document - you will need its services many times in the future.

NM

tony hipchest
12-24-2006, 10:10 PM
A) Tuck Rule is a stupid rule but it is the rule so the call was correct

B) Raiders laid down like dogs after

C) Patriots took advantage of second chance

D) Patriots came into Pittsburgh and beat the Steelers

E) Patriots beat the "Greatest Show on Turf"

did the '76 Raiders give back their trophy after the Ben Dreith call?
did the '78 Yankees give back their trophy after Reggie stuck his butt out to block a throw in pivotal Game 4?
did the Steelers give back the AFC trophy after the Oilers got ripped off?

No shame in that snow game. the fact the Raiders felt screwed made it all the more sweet! an honest patfan who isnt brainwashed and cuts through all the BS. :cheers:

i see you saw the game today too

Livinginthe past
12-24-2006, 10:15 PM
I see-saw it too.

That hit on Brady was a monster - had some bad thoughts about him being out for the rest of the game..maybe worse.

Should have known better.

NM

3 to be 4
12-24-2006, 10:15 PM
an honest patfan who isnt brainwashed and cuts through all the BS. :cheers:

i see you saw the game today too

you bet, after I finished crying my eyes out from the joy of that magical,snowy night in New England, I laughed and laughed and laughed thinking about how MAD the Raider fans were.

as for today, it was reeeaaally a close call. Green's hit couldve have pushed his arm forward as much as anything. lets put it this way, had the call on the field been ruled a pass attempt, there was not enough evidence to overule that either.

hardwork
12-24-2006, 10:33 PM
you bet, after I finished crying my eyes out from the joy of that magical,snowy night in New England, I laughed and laughed and laughed thinking about how MAD the Raider fans were.

That night was magic. I could feel the electricty 15 miles away from the stadium.