PDA

View Full Version : Let's remember

Stillers#1
12-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Despite how poorly our boys played this year, the fact that we are still here and talking about them means something. We are the best fans in the NFL, plain and simple.

A lot of people will have you believe thatgriping about your team makes you a bad fan, I believe the opposite, our guys performed poorly this year, and we have the right to express out opinion. If we were bandwagon fans, we simply would not care. The next couple years are going to be a little bit different, with the loss of Cowher power and all, but we will get through it, we always have.

I don't care if it takes another 26 years for us to hoist that trophy, I won't stop cheering, and/or voicing my displeasure. Lets just remember to represent ourselves as Steeler fans, and do the best we can. Now is not the time to run away, like I am sure plenty of poeple will do.

X-Terminator
12-24-2006, 07:59 PM
OK, let's just make one thing clear, right now - "griping" about your team does NOT make you a bad or bandwagon fan, and not one person here or anywhere else has EVER said that. But when you give up on your team or declare the season "over" when the season is barely 5 weeks old, you should expect to get called out for it and be called a bad or bandwagon fan. Now I know you never did that, Stillers, but still, I'm compelled to clarify this long-standing belief around here hopefully once and for all.

MACH1
12-24-2006, 08:19 PM
I think all the band wagoners left a long time ago.

MJ5150
12-24-2006, 08:50 PM
We are the best fans in the NFL, plain and simple.

I agree with that comment. The core of Raider Nation are hard core fans, and so are Bears fans. But Steeler fans top them all.

-Mike

BigDuke6
12-24-2006, 09:20 PM
I guess there wont be any tears shed for us in the Pacific Northwest.

Justin Otstott
12-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Despite how poorly our boys played this year, the fact that we are still here and talking about them means something. We are the best fans in the NFL, plain and simple.

A lot of people will have you believe thatgriping about your team makes you a bad fan, I believe the opposite, our guys performed poorly this year, and we have the right to express out opinion. If we were bandwagon fans, we simply would not care. The next couple years are going to be a little bit different, with the loss of Cowher power and all, but we will get through it, we always have.

I don't care if it takes another 26 years for us to hoist that trophy, I won't stop cheering, and/or voicing my displeasure. Lets just remember to represent ourselves as Steeler fans, and do the best we can. Now is not the time to run away, like I am sure plenty of poeple will do.

I guess I can agree with you on some of the things you said, ill be a Steelers fan till im dead and even after that :)

HometownGal
12-24-2006, 11:31 PM
I have to admit that I am pleasantly surprised at the overall sane reaction to the realization today once and for all that our Steelers are going home after next Sunday. Kudos to all of you who, despite the natural feeling of frustration at the way our season turned out, have stayed the course and continue to believe that the black and gold will most definitely be back in the hunt next season! :cheers:

Let's shout it to the world. And a one-a and a two-a and a three -a...........

The Steelers One for the Thumb wasn't a fluke - the 2006 season was. Look out Loretta - the Pittsburgh Steelers will be a force to be reckoned with again - - -sooner than you think! :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
12-24-2006, 11:39 PM
I have to admit that I am pleasantly surprised at the overall sane reaction to the realization today once and for all that our Steelers are going home after next Sunday. Kudos to all of you who, despite the natural feeling of frustration at the way our season turned out, have stayed the course and continue to believe that the black and gold will most definitely be back in the hunt next season! :cheers:

The Steelers One for the Thumb wasn't a fluke - the 2006 season was. Look out Loretta - the Pittsburgh Steelers will be a force to be reckoned with again - - -sooner than you think! :tt02:

Amen HTG. We'll be back. We're believers here.

stillers4me
12-24-2006, 11:40 PM

Who's Loretta??? :hunch: Maybe our top draft pick?? :flap:

Merry Christmas, HTG!!!

floodcitygirl
12-24-2006, 11:45 PM

The Steelers One for the Thumb wasn't a fluke - the 2006 season was. Look out Loretta - the Pittsburgh Steelers will be a force to be reckoned with again - - -sooner than you think! :tt02:Ok...that's it! I'm fired up again! Let's not just make those kitties purr next week....let's go ahead and skin em! LOL And then look to next year! :tt02:

Preacher
12-24-2006, 11:50 PM
Yep...

We didn't pull it out this year...but we can sure put away the bungles!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

SteelerFanInATL
12-25-2006, 09:15 AM
Friends of mine down here in ATL ask me "whats up with those Steelers this year!!" I tell anyone who wants to talk about them that if they go 1- 15 I will still be cheering for them next year. No fairweather fan here, never have been, never will be. I just love representing my hometown Steelers during football season.

Tankus_Maximus
12-25-2006, 07:10 PM
Yep...

We didn't pull it out this year...but we can sure put away the bungles!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!

Padre-

Think you can put in a word with the big guy upstairs, to make sure we skin those kitties?:wink02:

polamalufan43
12-25-2006, 08:06 PM
No matter what the records are, I'll still be getting sore throats from cheering the Steelers on. Win or lose, we have qualities that no other teams have in the NFL. Every team has to have at least one bad year and for us, this year was that year.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Preacher
12-25-2006, 11:26 PM
No matter what the records are, I'll still be getting sore throats from cheering the Steelers on. Win or lose, we have qualities that no other teams have in the NFL. Every team has to have at least one bad year and for us, this year was that year.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

True, but we had that year three years ago also. It really seems as though we have a great year, a okay year, then miss the playoffs. Then a great year, a good year, then miss the playoffs.

ThatGuy246
12-25-2006, 11:50 PM
I'll admit, I fall into the "disappointed" category when evaluating this season, but I doubt that there's one person here, or one person in that locker room, that doesn't. But disappointment often fuels inspiration, and I haven't the slightest doubt in my mind that the entire franchise is going to take this offseason very seriously, and come out firing on all cylinders come next year.

Rooney has already gone on record that he acknowledges the existence of problems that need to be addressed, and I can't help but take that as a really positive sign. Someone on another threat noted that with the parity in the league, a team can right its ship pretty much in the span of one Jan to the following August. If there's any team that's going to be seriously hungry, it's the Stillers!

Particularly in light of the Bengals loss yesterday (how can you not say it's a prayer answered when it comes down to a botched snap on an extra point?!), I can't wait for next week. The Steelers franchise, and its amazing fans are going to get a belated holiday present with which to usher in the new year!

My father & I stuck around until the final whistle yesterday, and hopefully we'll be two of the first ones in come next year. It was our first game, but I can now honestly say, there's no better way to spend an afternoon than watching the Stillers - win or lose!

Hope everyone had a great holiday season, and all the best in the new year...

-DJ

jim brown
12-26-2006, 04:50 AM
I agree its was a terible year and i can't spell,lol But I've bee a steelers fan for 43 years and I don't give up.Wait till next year!! We'll be there!! Thanks all for your young words of wisdom! Happy holidays and beat those Bengels WHO-DEY!!!

clevestinks
12-26-2006, 09:50 AM
I think all the band wagoners left a long time ago.

This is true, die hards are forever, the bandwagons left after the raiders loss

herewegosteelers
12-26-2006, 07:28 PM
True no matter what!!!!!! I will always be a Steelers fan I am wearing all my new gear I got for Christmas today to work, Got some asses talking there sh*t , but I am loud & proud to be a Steelers fan. :cheer: :banana:

steelergirlrocks
12-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Here's to the Pittsburgh Steelers! We love you!