PDA

View Full Version : I think it's safe to say ...

paw-n-maul-u
12-25-2006, 01:00 AM
That one of our needs next season is most definitly a more powerful/grind-it-out back ... parker has his games and normally when he does he REALLY has a good game, but other times, esp. against the more elite defenses, he just can not get it going and it seems the coaching staff isnt too willing to give many carries to davenport. It's apparent that the lifeblood of our team is the running game and taht has to get going for us to be successful. I think a nice long offseason to rest and regroup is just what we need ... get all this coaching mess figured out too

Preacher
12-25-2006, 01:42 AM
I would trade a first round pick for a DB over a RB ANYDAY. Bettis in his HEYDEY couldn't run with the oline this year. So get us a better Oline and DB's.

OneForTheToe
12-25-2006, 01:45 AM
That one of our needs next season is most definitly a more powerful/grind-it-out back ... parker has his games and normally when he does he REALLY has a good game, but other times, esp. against the more elite defenses, he just can not get it going and it seems the coaching staff isnt too willing to give many carries to davenport. It's apparent that the lifeblood of our team is the running game and taht has to get going for us to be successful. I think a nice long offseason to rest and regroup is just what we need ... get all this coaching mess figured out too

Preacher beat me to this but::wink02:
Sometimes good running backs have bad games against elite defenses when the o-linemen in front are getting pushed back on a regular basis.

Preacher
12-25-2006, 03:03 AM
Preacher beat me to this but::wink02:
Sometimes good running backs have bad games against elite defenses when the o-linemen in front are getting pushed back on a regular basis.

Yep!!

Preacher
12-25-2006, 03:15 AM
I'd say the need is for better play-calling. Being as lame and predictable as we were in both Ravens games this year makes it easy for the defense to stop us. Parker up the middle is not going to go for 80 yards and a touchdown when they know it's coming. Neither is Parker on a pitch to the outside on second-and-7 on the next play.

ROTFL... So true. So true. Maybe it is about time for a coaching change

Preacher
12-25-2006, 03:23 AM
If it happens, I won't be sad.

I hate to say it, but with the teams we've had over the past 15 years, maybe we ought to have won two or three Super Bowls.

Sure should have. that is the one fatal flaw of Cowher. He always tightened up in the playoffs, instead of letting it go.

Galax Steeler
12-25-2006, 06:55 AM
I think some new blood on the sidline would be great.

SteelCityMan786
12-25-2006, 11:53 AM
We need some O LINEMEN as well. Some of our guys are on their last legs.

BigDuke6
12-25-2006, 12:03 PM
I'd say the need is for better play-calling. Being as lame and predictable as we were in both Ravens games this year makes it easy for the defense to stop us. Parker up the middle is not going to go for 80 yards and a touchdown when they know it's coming. Neither is Parker on a pitch to the outside on second-and-7 on the next play.

So what do you suggest ? Play-action doesnt work if there's no running game to respect. If we go right to shotgun, they load up a dime and the d-line pin their ears back.