PDA

View Full Version : Steelers can end Bengals season..

Elvis
12-25-2006, 06:14 AM
We may be finished for the season, but our offseason can be alot sweeter with a win next sunday afternoon. This is the biggest game of the year in my opinion and I hope that our guys are up for the task and I am almost certain that Porter and co. will be up to the challenge. This game would pretty much put the Bengals out of it and it would send us into the offseason on a very up beat win. We Need To Play For Pride and Hurt the Bengals Pride!!!!:thumbsup: :wave:

touchdownward
12-25-2006, 06:24 AM
I agree, this is a huge game for us. It would sting pretty bad to be swept by 2 of our biggest division foes. Also, I LOVE the idea of putting the 'gals out of it.

Justin Otstott
12-25-2006, 08:21 AM
me too...GO STEELERS!

polamalufan43
12-25-2006, 09:05 AM
Yeah, our season is pretty much over, but I think some of our players going to the probowl and ending the Bengals season will make it all better.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Stlrs4Life
12-25-2006, 09:07 AM
Would be nice end to it. Somehow I think this thread finds its way to the BF. Plus I think it is all up to Denver and NY Jets also to help out.

theropodx
12-25-2006, 12:53 PM
THE STEELERS RECORD IS 5-2 RIGHT NOW. The only team we've lost to is the Ravens--a serious super-bowl contender.

That's what I'm telling myself, anyway.

And yeah, we can end with the same record as the Bengals...and keep them out of the playoffs too.

HometownGal
12-25-2006, 01:52 PM
While I want the Steelers to finish out at least a somewhat respectable 8-8, I have to be honest here and admit that I want them to win next week even more to smash the Bungles' playoff hopes. The Bungles don't deserve to be in the playoffs this season any more than the Steelers do. Both teams are as inconsistent as the other, imho.

Preacher
12-25-2006, 01:55 PM
8-8... and ending the Bengals chance for the playoffs? LETS GO!

t-sizzlez
12-25-2006, 04:18 PM
STEELERS

MACH1
12-25-2006, 04:30 PM
If we cant make it neither will they!!!!! GO STEELERS

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-25-2006, 04:56 PM
this will also depend on what Steeler team shows up next Sunday.

plenewken
12-25-2006, 05:42 PM
This game would pretty much put the Bengals out of it and it would send us into the offseason on a very up beat win. We Need To Play For Pride and Hurt the Bengals Pride!!!!:thumbsup: :wave:

Personally, I could care less if we beat them or not, for me the season ended yesterday on a very sour note after a piss poor game by the Black and Gold. My Steelers fan pride will not rise with a meaningless victory against the Bungles, much less after having lost to the Raiders and having been crushed twice by the Ravens.

klick81
12-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Let's go Steelers...let's play spoilers baby!!!

stillers4me
12-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Personally, I could care less if we beat them or not, for me the season ended yesterday in a very sour note after a piss poor game by the Black and Gold. My Steelers fan pride will not rise thanks to a meaningless victory against the Bungles, much less after having lost to the Raiders and having been crushed twice by the Ravens.

You obviously don't live in Shiztinnati. I do. I want them to go down. Hard. I've had to live with their whiney "we should 've won the SuperBowl" crap for an entire year now. A victory over the Bungles has alot of meaning........we handed them the last game and all I've heard about is how they "beat" us. Right. They acted like they won the SuperBowl that day. I would love to see Ben and Co. smack them down but good.

It's not over yet. We have one more game to win.

Stillers#1
12-25-2006, 05:55 PM
Personally, I could care less if we beat them or not, for me the season ended yesterday in a very sour note after a piss poor game by the Black and Gold. My Steelers fan pride will not rise thanks to a meaningless victory against the Bungles, much less after having lost to the Raiders and having been crushed twice by the Ravens.

Come on dude, even if we were 2-13 we should be cheering to knock the bungles out.

FLSteeler
12-25-2006, 06:37 PM
We may be finished for the season, but our offseason can be alot sweeter with a win next sunday afternoon. This is the biggest game of the year in my opinion and I hope that our guys are up for the task and I am almost certain that Porter and co. will be up to the challenge. This game would pretty much put the Bengals out of it and it would send us into the offseason on a very up beat win. We Need To Play For Pride and Hurt the Bengals Pride!!!!:thumbsup: :wave:

WOW! So inspiring.:thumbsup: :wave:

"To beat the enemy you must know thy enemy"

NV STEELERS 723
12-25-2006, 07:09 PM
We better win,,, because I have that bet w/ my buddy if the Bungals win I have to wear that $^*%^% " Who Dey?" shirt to before and after work!

fansince'76
12-25-2006, 07:37 PM
I'd love to see us end their season, but I'd take the Jets winning tonight and both the Jets and Broncos winning next week as insurance.

floodcitygirl
12-25-2006, 07:38 PM
I was in line at a department store the other day and heard two Bengal fans talking. One said to the other that they didn't even care about the game against Denver....as long as they beat the Steelers........you understand... this was BEFORE the Denver game...that would have sealed a spot in the play offs for them????!!!!!......:dang: GO STEELERS!!!!! :tt02:

fansince'76
12-25-2006, 07:41 PM
I was in line at a department store the other day and heard two Bengal fans talking. One said to the other that they didn't even care about the game against Denver....as long as they beat the Steelers........you understand... this was BEFORE the Denver game...that would have sealed a spot in the play offs for them????

Nobody ever accused a Bungles fan of being bright. :sofunny:

MACH1
12-25-2006, 07:41 PM
I was in line at a department store the other day and heard two Bengal fans talking. One said to the other that they didn't even care about the game against Denver....as long as they beat the Steelers........you understand... this was BEFORE the Denver game...that would have sealed a spot in the play offs for them????!!!!!......:dang: GO STEELERS!!!!! :tt02:

Some of them people aint too bright.. :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

floodcitygirl
12-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Some of them people aint too bright.. :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:Welcome to my world!!! :wink02:

Preacher
12-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Wow... they really hate us! Kinda funny. If thier goal is to defeat a team that finished BELOW THEM in two of the last three seasons??? ROTFL... Yeah, they are just the newest greatest team!

MACH1
12-25-2006, 07:47 PM
I'd love to see us end their season, but I'd take the Jets winning tonight and both the Jets and Broncos winning next week as insurance.

In that case go J-E-T-S Jets

Preacher
12-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Woooooohoooo I think that may already be done.

reminds me of the Browns. They made the playoffs one year, lost on the first game (to us!) and then never made it again!

Galax Steeler
12-26-2006, 07:46 AM
That would be great end the bengals season.That would be a spark for next year.

83-Steelers-43
12-26-2006, 07:51 AM
It would be nice to take something upbeat and positive away from this otherwise depressing and pathetic season. Hopefully we actually show up this Sunday. I was expecting them to show up this past Sunday with some heart, dignity, pride and determination, I was dead wrong.

HometownGal
12-26-2006, 07:54 AM
No matter how much Bungles' fans say they aren't afraid of the Steelers, they're VERY afraid. They know the Steelers hate them as much as they hate us and want a piece of their tails. I would really love to see our guys go out on a W and who better to victimize than a hated divisional rival? :tt02: I think the Steelers will be playing for payback first and pride second - quite a fierce combo if you stop and think about it. :thumbsup:

Big D
12-26-2006, 08:33 AM
I think this game could seal the fate for alot of people in the steelers organization both players and coaches. I believe if we lose against the bengals we will see a completly revamped steeler team next year.

83-Steelers-43
12-26-2006, 08:34 AM
I think this game could seal the fate for alot of people in the steelers organization both players and coaches. I believe if we lose against the bengals we will see a completly revamped steeler team next year.

Win or lose this next game, I think we should be seeing that eitherway. Just my opinion.

clevestinks
12-26-2006, 08:40 AM
I want to win, just to win! I always root for the Black & Gold, as far as ending the bungles season. I could careless! Go Steelers!

Big D
12-26-2006, 08:41 AM
Win or lose this next game, I think we should be seeing that eitherway. Just my opinion.

I agree to an extent. However if this team quits on the coaching staff next week it could be the final nails in the coffin. That and I dont think it's very impressive that of all of our division opponents we beat cleveland.

83-Steelers-43
12-26-2006, 08:42 AM
However if this team quits on the coaching staff

You don't think that already occured?

LarryNJ
12-26-2006, 08:50 AM
However if this team quits on the coaching staff next week

You don't think that already occured?

Could it have been the head coach quiting on the team? Did he put as much time & effort into having his players and coaches ready?

83-Steelers-43
12-26-2006, 08:52 AM
Could it have been the head coach quiting on the team? Did he put as much time & effort into having his players and coaches ready?

If the players feel the HC quit on them wouldn't they in return quit on him? The way I see it, it works both ways.

clevestinks
12-26-2006, 08:53 AM

I`m not sure that we`ll ever know, but if Cowher leaves, and the players start grumbling about how Cowher just went through the motions this season, his legacy in my mind will be tarnished!

Big D
12-26-2006, 08:55 AM

I said cowher quit on the steelers right after our 2-6 start. Then we started turning it around so I backed off on that statement. I wasnt able to actually watch that raven-steeler game on sunday. But from what i've been reading and hearing it was pathetic. It is disgraceful anytime you get beat at home. And I still havent heard any accountabilty by cowher for not having his team prepared more

stillers4me
12-26-2006, 08:56 AM
If the players feel the HC quit on them wouldn't they in return quit on him? The way I see it, it works both ways.

Because most of them need to keep playing next year even Cowher leaves. At some point they will be negotiating contracts with either the Steelers or someone else. If you don't play well, no paycheck. Simple as that. It's their jobs. Ask Tommy the Gun how that works.

Big D
12-26-2006, 08:57 AM
I`m not sure that we`ll ever know, but if Cowher leaves, and the players start grumbling about how Cowher just went through the motions this season, his legacy in my mind will be tarnished!

I'm not by no means going to start going on a cowher bashing rant. But I think the way cowher handled things this year with his contract and some of his poor decisions where ben is concerned that he may have already tarnished his legacy.

83-Steelers-43
12-26-2006, 09:04 AM
Because most of them need to keep playing next year even Cowher leaves. At some point they will be negotiating contracts with either the Steelers or someone else. If you don't play well, no paycheck. Simple as that. It's their jobs. Ask Tommy the Gun how that works.

The players certainly are not playing like they want that paycheck. IMO, some players on that team have seen a difference in Cowher's coaching. In return they have quit. Maybe one of those players happens to be the guy who was recently locked up with a big contract at the DB position? It goes beyond paychecks. A good number of players feed off their head coach. I don't see this team feeding off of anything at this point in time (I've been saying that since week six).

clevestinks
12-26-2006, 09:05 AM
I'm not by no means going to start going on a cowher bashing rant. But I think the way cowher handled things this year with his contract and some of his poor decisions where ben is concerned that he may have already tarnished his legacy.

I`m not bashing, I`m just saying If he did quit on this team. I`ve defended Cowher through thick and thin

Big D
12-26-2006, 09:09 AM
I`m not bashing, I`m just saying If he did quit on this team. I`ve defended Cowher through thick and thin

I have up until this year. I was saying I wasnt going to bash cowher. One thing i've learned on this site is that cowher bashing can lead to opening a can of worms that I just dont want to open. And I believe that cowher did quit on this team. I think through out the season he had his mind on carolina more then he had his mind on the steelers. I also find it ironic how the team plays this horrible at home days after he wouldnt give the status of next year.

Big D
12-26-2006, 09:10 AM
The players certainly are not playing like they want that paycheck. IMO, some players on that team have seen a difference in Cowher's coaching. In return they have quit. Maybe one of those players happens to be the guy who was recently locked up with a big contract at the DB position? It goes beyond paychecks. A good number of players feed off their head coach. I don't see this team feeding off of anything at this point in time (I've been saying that since week six).

and I agree with you. I think a great coach gets his players to play for the coach not for themselves.

BlacknGold76
12-26-2006, 09:42 AM
Lets give Ocho Cinco and the Bunglettes and who dey and their fans a "were not going to be in the playoffs bon voyage party." H E double hockey sticks no, if we can't go, they are sure not going. As a matter of fact I hope we blow them out. Sweeeeeeeettttt.:tt02: :helmet:

Elvis
12-26-2006, 04:16 PM
Personally, I could care less if we beat them or not, for me the season ended yesterday on a very sour note after a piss poor game by the Black and Gold. My Steelers fan pride will not rise with a meaningless victory against the Bungles, much less after having lost to the Raiders and having been crushed twice by the Ravens.

:dang: ALL BANDWAGONERS CAN GO AWAY NOW!!!!:yawn: :sofunny: :banana: :tt02: :jawdrop:
I love my Steelers and I am gonna back them to the end baby!!!:wave: