PDA

View Full Version : New fan in Hanover, PA!

lovehines
12-26-2006, 12:30 PM
Hello, Steeler Nation! Hope my fan-by-marriage status as a fan is sufficient! I didn't know much about the Steelers before I met my husband, but now I'm the proud owner of a #86 jersey. I will admit, that I'm a born and bred Packers fan and will be loyal to them until my last breath, but I hope you all will still welcome me. I cheer for the Steelers even when I'm wearing #4!

I do have a question, though. I have always disliked the Ravens...Steelers or not. Please tell me if anyone knows of a website or somewhere else I could purchase a t-shirt or something I can wear to show my feelings during the playoffs. :thumbsup:

SteelerFanInCA
12-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Greetings and welcome to the site.

clevestinks
12-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Welcome, and Enjoy!

stillers4me
12-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Welcome!! Lucky you to become a member of the Steeler Nation by marriage!! You could have had the misfortune of marrying a Cleveland or a Cincy fan.........ya done good!!

Seriously.......just wearing that black and gold #86 will say it all.........!

floodcitygirl
12-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Welcome to SF! Hope you enjoy!!! :tt02:

lovehines
12-26-2006, 05:35 PM
Thank you to all who have welcomed me! Since I'm new to the web forum world, I hope everyone will be patient with me as I learn the ropes. I'd like to make a couple comments regarding my experience thus far as a Steelers fan.

The Fans: Steelers fans are awesome! They are dedicated, die-hard, enthusiastic and most of all...RESPECTFUL!! I have witnessed some real ugliness coming from fans of opposing teams directed toward Steelers fans...to the point that the bar where my husband I watch most Steelers games felt compelled to place flyers all over the bar threatening to boot rude, obnoxious fans for the season if they can't keep their mouths (and fists!) in check. As a Green Bay fan, I have to say that Steelers fans are very similar to Green Bay fans in many ways...thick and thin, lose or win, bad calls, bad performances, staying at a blowout game until the bitter end (I did this last year at the GB/Ravens game in December as a good number of Ravens fans exited the stadium during the 3rd quarter)...it's your team no matter what and you support them!

The Team: A real class act! Part of the reason I came to love Hines Ward so much wasn't due just to his ability to play the game. It was his attitude...that smile on his face, even if he just got his face ground into the turf. A player who loves to play and it shows. I can't stand dirty or egotistic players. I especially dislike when they're touted as some sort of role model. The Steelers have had a tough season, but they STILL have FIVE Superbowl wins!!

Being a newer fan, I know that among Steelers fans and Ravens fans exists a bitter rivalry. Can someone please explain to me why this rivalry is more bitter than say that with Cincinnati or Cleveland? I am not, by any means, a Ravens supporter, which you already know if you read my first post. :smile:

I just want to understand how the rivalry started and why it is so strong? Thanks

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2006, 06:43 PM
Welcome to the land of Steelers Fever.

steelergirlrocks
12-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Thank you to all who have welcomed me! Since I'm new to the web forum world, I hope everyone will be patient with me as I learn the ropes. I'd like to make a couple comments regarding my experience thus far as a Steelers fan.

The Fans: Steelers fans are awesome! They are dedicated, die-hard, enthusiastic and most of all...RESPECTFUL!! I have witnessed some real ugliness coming from fans of opposing teams directed toward Steelers fans...to the point that the bar where my husband I watch most Steelers games felt compelled to place flyers all over the bar threatening to boot rude, obnoxious fans for the season if they can't keep their mouths (and fists!) in check. As a Green Bay fan, I have to say that Steelers fans are very similar to Green Bay fans in many ways...thick and thin, lose or win, bad calls, bad performances, staying at a blowout game until the bitter end (I did this last year at the GB/Ravens game in December as a good number of Ravens fans exited the stadium during the 3rd quarter)...it's your team no matter what and you support them!

The Team: A real class act! Part of the reason I came to love Hines Ward so much wasn't due just to his ability to play the game. It was his attitude...that smile on his face, even if he just got his face ground into the turf. A player who loves to play and it shows. I can't stand dirty or egotistic players. I especially dislike when they're touted as some sort of role model. The Steelers have had a tough season, but they STILL have FIVE Superbowl wins!!

Being a newer fan, I know that among Steelers fans and Ravens fans exists a bitter rivalry. Can someone please explain to me why this rivalry is more bitter than say that with Cincinnati or Cleveland? I am not, by any means, a Ravens supporter, which you already know if you read my first post. :smile:

I just want to understand how the rivalry started and why it is so strong? Thanks

The Ratbirds are just the Clowns reincarnated. :helmet: The Clowns moved to Baltimore and then Cleveland started another Clowns team. :banging: So now we want both teams on a platter! :cheers: LOL

steelergirlrocks
12-26-2006, 08:05 PM
And welcome to SF!

HometownGal
12-26-2006, 08:29 PM
Hiya lovehines and welcome to SF! :smile: :tt02: :wave:

SteelShooter
12-31-2006, 09:04 AM
Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome Welcome ....................and did I say "Hey There!" :whatnow: