PDA

View Full Version : Chukky Okobi

MJ5150
12-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Hello friends....

I have been searching for authentic Steeler jerseys, and I posted a message on another board asking where to get them. Another user replied that Chukky sells authentic jerseys from his myspace website. I went to the myspace site and checked it out. It appears to be legit, but I am not positive. Here is the address: Chukky Okobi (http://www.myspace.com/chukwun).

Can anyone here verify that this is really Chukky? Does anyone know if he does maintain that myspace website? I was hoping maybe someone here works for the Steelers, and can verify that Chukky truly did create this website, and the jersey sales are legit. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. The jerseys are expensive which I expected, but I can not afford to get hosed by a scammer.

Thank you ond and all for your help. :smile:

-Mike

MJ5150
12-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Thank you NC. I saw those other players listed as his friends, so I am thinking it may all be legit. I'm going to go look for the Trib article.

Anyone else?

-Mike

MJ5150
12-27-2006, 04:36 PM
Thanks again NC. I can't figure out why I could not find that article.

I called the Steelers this morning, and confirmed that it is indeed Chukky on the myspcae website. Best of all..........I ordered the jersey. I am SOOOOO excited.

-Mike

skidboot
12-27-2006, 05:45 PM
I sure hope Okobi can take over the job at C next year.

He's a mean SOB out there!!!

kysteelerman
01-03-2007, 03:04 PM
WELL, I JUST DON'T THINK HE IS GOING TO BE THE STARTER NEXT YEAR,, I THINK THERE ARE TALKING TO MAX STARKS TO SEE IF HE COULD BECOME A CENTER...
JUST A THOUGHT CHUKKY IS NOT VERY FAN FRIENDLY.. I WAS AT THE FAN BLITZ ONE YEAR, AND HE WAS JUST A JERK. HE ACTED LIKE HE DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO SIGN ANYTHING.. AND THAT IS WHY HE WAS THERE.. IT WASN'T LIKE I SEEN HIM ON THE ROAD OR SOMETHING AND STOP HIM HE WAS AT A SIGNING... I GIVE HIM A THUMB'S DOWN.. FOR BEING SO (NOT SO FAN FRIENDLY)

PisnNapalm
01-03-2007, 03:57 PM
http://www.pisnnapalm.com/capslock0bm.jpg

MJ5150
01-03-2007, 04:01 PM
....JUST A THOUGHT CHUKKY IS NOT VERY FAN FRIENDLY..

He must have been having a bad day or something. At least take that into consideration. I just purchased one of his jerseys from him. He was SUPER nice and friendly to me the whole time. It wasn't because I was giving him money either. Besides, with the millions he makes, anything from me was pocket change.

He had no idea who I was, but he treated me like an old friend.

-Mike

OneForTheToe
01-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Max Starks at center. :blah: Usually, O-lineman that switch form guard or tackle to center have mastered their original position before they move to center. I think Max has his hands full keeping his starting postion going into next year.

Maybe, you are thinking of Kendall Simmons?

clevestinks
01-03-2007, 04:35 PM
I sure hope Okobi can take over the job at C next year.

He's a mean SOB out there!!!

I dont see this happening, I`m not sure he will ever be a starter here

4n2t0
01-03-2007, 07:33 PM

Why would the Steelers give Chukky a multi-million dollar signing bonus and a contract extension through 2009 if he wasn't going to be given a chance to start? I think Chukky will get his chance and start just like he did this year for Hartings.

OneForTheToe
01-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Why would the Steelers give Chukky a multi-million dollar signing bonus and a contract extension through 2009 if he wasn't going to be given a chance to start? I think Chukky will get the chance and start just like he did this year for several games.

He definately should have a chance to start. Maybe Kendall gets a chance as well. Of course, a new coach would have his own idea about who should start.

4n2t0
01-03-2007, 07:45 PM
He definately should have a chance to start. Maybe Kendall gets a chance as well. Of course, a new coach would have his own idea about who should start.

Good point, a new coach could blow my theory to smithereens.

kysteelerman
01-03-2007, 08:42 PM
YA, I MIGHT OF BEEN THINKING OF KENNDAL SIMMONS,,,,, BUT, FOR CHUKKY WELL I MET HIM SEVERAL TIMES AND HE ALWAY BEEN THAT WAY .. RUDE IS THE WORD FOR ME.. BUT I AM GLAD THAT HE WASN'T THAT WAY TO YOU .. HE JUST MIGHT OF BEEN IN A GOOD MOOD WHEN MET YOU..... HEY, IF YOUR HAPPY THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS... I AM GLAD U GOT THE JERSEY,,, HOPE THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE HIM YOU GET IT AUTOGRAPHED,,, HECK MAYBE IT WAS BECAUSE YOU ARE A WOMEN...

4n2t0
01-03-2007, 09:08 PM
YA, I MIGHT OF BEEN THINKING OF KENNDAL SIMMONS,,,,, BUT, FOR CHUKKY WELL I MET HIM SEVERAL TIMES AND HE ALWAY BEEN THAT WAY .. RUDE IS THE WORD FOR ME.. BUT I AM GLAD THAT HE WASN'T THAT WAY TO YOU .. HE JUST MIGHT OF BEEN IN A GOOD MOOD WHEN MET YOU..... HEY, IF YOUR HAPPY THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS... I AM GLAD U GOT THE JERSEY,,, HOPE THE NEXT TIME YOU SEE HIM YOU GET IT AUTOGRAPHED,,, HECK MAYBE IT WAS BECAUSE YOU ARE A WOMEN...

Turn off your caps lock.

MJ5150
01-04-2007, 12:17 AM
HECK MAYBE IT WAS BECAUSE YOU ARE A WOMEN...

What gives you the idea I am a woman? :uhh:

-Mike

MJ5150
01-04-2007, 12:18 AM

Hey buddy.....could you elaborate on why you feel this way? I'm not trying to pick a fight. Just honestly wondering what you have seen from his games.

-Mike