PDA

View Full Version : Jets in the Playoffs?

CantStop85
12-26-2006, 08:26 PM
Would anyone else here hate to see the Jets in the playoffs? I'm not just saying this because they're (most likely) going to edge out the Bengals...I mean, I would rather see the Titans, heck I'd rather even see the Steelers in the playoffs over them. I think there are 3-4 teams in the AFC more deserving of the playoffs than them.

I could at least see the Steelers, Bengals, Chiefs, Titans, etc. making a run in the playoffs if they got hot...I can't see that with the Jets. Chad Pennington is a mediocre QB with no zip on his passes, their runningbacks are barely average, and their wr's only saving grace is Coles. And their defense is a bit suspect in my eyes...I mean they're starting Hank Poteat at cornerback.

I'm just not buying into the Mangenius hype.

LarryNJ
12-26-2006, 08:29 PM
I haven't seen one of their games this year so I can't comment on the team other than after Baltimore, Cincy & Dallas....any New York team sucks.

stillers4me
12-26-2006, 08:42 PM
I haven't seen one of their games this year so I can't comment on the team other than after Baltimore, Cincy & Dallas....any New York team sucks.

I've only seen one Jets game and that was Monday night......while I'm happy they made Bengals fans crap their pants (:sofunny: ), I just had to shake my head watching their so called QB toss that football around like he was throwing a penny into a fountain. One and done in the playoffs, IMO. Ben, Ben, where for art thou, Ben??? :dang:

MACH1
12-26-2006, 08:47 PM
Would anyone else here hate to see the Jets in the playoffs? I'm not just saying this because they're (most likely) going to edge out the Bengals...I mean, I would rather see the Titans, heck I'd rather even see the Steelers in the playoffs over them. I think there are 3-4 teams in the AFC more deserving of the playoffs than them.

I could at least see the Steelers, Bengals, Chiefs, Titans, etc. making a run in the playoffs if they got hot...I can't see that with the Jets. Chad Pennington is a mediocre QB with no zip on his passes, their runningbacks are barely average, and their wr's only saving grace is Coles. And their defense is a bit suspect in my eyes...I mean they're starting Hank Poteat at cornerback.

I'm just not buying into the Mangenius hype.

Nope- works for me, just cause it piss's bungal fans off.:cheer:

But their one and done.

HometownGal
12-26-2006, 09:08 PM
Nope- works for me, just cause it piss's bungal fans off.:cheer:

But their one and done.

I agree with your first sentence, bcrabt, but with regard to your second - the doubters said that last season about the Steelers, if you will recall. If a team gets hot at the right time, anything is possible (except for the Bungles - they're as inconsistent as the Steelers this season and also like the Steelers, you never know what team is going to show up on any given week).

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Titans get in there or the Chiefs.

MACH1
12-26-2006, 09:12 PM
I agree with your first sentence, bcrabt, but with regard to your second - the doubters said that last season about the Steelers, if you will recall. If a team gets hot at the right time, anything is possible (except for the Bungles - they're as inconsistent as the Steelers this season and also like the Steelers, you never know what team is going to show up on any given week).

I also wouldn't mind seeing the Titans get in there or the Chiefs.

We shall see....

I dont think Hang'n Chad's going to get it done. IMHO :smile:

X-Terminator
12-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Hey, the Jets earned this opportunity, like them or not. But they will be one and done - Pennington and that floater ball he throws is going to be intercepted a lot.

tony hipchest
12-26-2006, 09:25 PM
i smell an "anti-kimo" bias.

GOoooooooelhoffen!

the jets have nobody of consequence. noone really wants to see them, although i gotta give props to jerhico and washington. their rookie linemen have done well. i dont dislike the jets but theres about 4 other teams id rather watch in the playoffs (the bungles arent one of them though) :flap:

Preacher
12-26-2006, 11:22 PM
IMO... It won't matter.

Bears/San Diego

That will be a great SB... sadly... I would want both teams to win!

Livinginthe past
12-27-2006, 06:12 AM
I think the Jets are alot like a less talented 2001 Patriots in the way they play the game.

They try and minimise mistakes on offense and try and win a field position battle through their swarming D.

This means they arent going to set many pulses racing. but its a style that has allowed a team with a relatively low level of talent to more than likely make the postseason.

Mangini is probably No.2 in the race for HC of the year behind Sean Payton.

Dont rule out a well coached team when it comes to the postseason.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-27-2006, 06:24 AM
IMO... It won't matter.

Bears/San Diego

That will be a great SB... sadly... I would want both teams to win!

Preacher!!!....PLEASE dont get on the bears bandwagon....If we had that schedule we would have won 10-11 games....If they were in the AFC they would be a .500 team!!!

I can see Dallas, New Orleans or Philly beating this team in the playoffs