PDA

View Full Version : Ed Bouchette's Daily Question

83-Steelers-43
12-28-2006, 07:03 AM
Ed Bouchette's Daily Question
Thursday, December 28, 2006

Question: Do you think the Steelers under-achieved this year, over-achieved last year, or a little of both? - Richard Blair, Richmond, Va.

BOUCHETTE: The Steelers were 15-1 in 2004. They were 7-5 last season before winning eight straight to win the Super Bowl. They started out 2-6 this season and will finish either 7-9 or 8-8. I believe they have the talent to compete for the Super Bowl, so in my opinion they under-achieved this season. However, the NFL truly is a league built on competitive balance. Picking winners in games isn't easy (just ask Gerry Dulac) never mind picking Super Bowl winners or even playoff participants. Who thought the Jets would make the playoffs, or the Eagles after Donovan McNabb was hurt, or New Orleans would have the second-best record in the NFC?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06362/749050-367.stm

skidboot
12-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Parity is alive and well in the NFL.

NFL stands for....

Not
For
Long.

Wasn't Carolina 1-15 and two years later were in the SB???

clevestinks
12-28-2006, 09:10 AM
I dont think we over achieved last season at all. We have talent everywhere. Ben was rusty most of the season, but who went through more than he did.
Cowher got what he wanted then seemed to lay back, in my opinion.
Young rookie Holmes cost us a bunch early on. i am curious to see how much his fumbles did hurt us? Field position, points etc. Some of these fumbles got us behind early, and took our running game away because of it.
The fire just wasnt there this year. Like the Pats before us, they won one, then missed the playoffs the following season, but were able to rebound and win a couple more. we have the talent to rebound, lets go.

polamalufan43
12-28-2006, 10:18 AM
I agree that we do have talent everywhere, but for some unknown reason, nobody showed it. Nobody showed it on a weekly basis. Ben throwing INT, Willie fumbling, Holmes and Ricardo muffing punts, Ike dropping INT, Troy not even being near the ball, the entire secondary only making tackles, among many other problems with the O-line and D-line. Everyone knows we have the talent needed to win, and this was proved in previous years.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Indy_Steelers
12-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Parity is alive and well in the NFL.

I do no think it is parity, I think free agency has watered down the league.