PDA

View Full Version : Looking at all three sides of the ball!

clevestinks
12-29-2006, 12:57 PM
I stole this while browsing another site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF YOU WERE TO LOOK AT THREE SIDES OF THE BALL FOR OUR STEELERS WHICH PLAYERS REALLY REALLY LET US DOWN?

Defense .. to me Ike

Offesne.. Ben but he did have some excuses

ST... Reed sucked

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Defense: Ike

Offense: Ben

ST: Yes

Mosca
12-29-2006, 01:39 PM
I doubt that Reed will be a Steeler past this Sunday's game, what with the recent unpleasantness.

Tom

polamalufan43
12-29-2006, 01:46 PM
I doubt that Reed will be a Steeler past this Sunday's game, what with the recent unpleasantness.

Tom

Hmmm, I think he will, but he will be one of the last who make the team. I think for the defense, the entire secondary let us down in some way, shape, or form. As for offense, I think Ben and some O-line members.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Mosca
12-29-2006, 02:01 PM
Hmmm, I think he will, but he will be one of the last who make the team. I think for the defense, the entire secondary let us down in some way, shape, or form. As for offense, I think Ben and some O-line members.

I was thinking of conduct unbecoming a Steeler....

Tom

steelerbackr4life
12-29-2006, 02:02 PM
O line that fails everything else on offense follows.

Def while the secondary was a let down but as long as everyone is picking on a kicker. my vote would go to Gardocki since technically he is part of the defense. So much of Steeler football is predicated upon field position. If you cant move the chains then the next best thing is to pin the opposing teams offense as far back as possible. His not getting the ball deep did not help accomplish that. I dont care how many years he has not had one blocked. Im so sick of that stat.

Special teams as a whole were a tremendous let down too many turnovers creating oppertunities for the opposition and not enough big plays creating oppertunities for us.

polamalufan43
12-29-2006, 02:09 PM

Tom

Yeah, I know,

Steel12
12-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Defense - The secondary as a whole

Offense - Ben

ST - Gardocki was garbage the whole year!

Texasfan
12-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Defense- Linebackers (very little pressure on opposing QB's)
Offense-Ben (he should have sat out most of the year)
ST-(coverage downfield and Holmes)

Black@Gold Forever32
12-29-2006, 02:49 PM
Ok I understand why the secondary gets the blame but I'm putting my focus on the lack of pass rush at times from the OLB. A very good pass rush makes the secondary better. The 3-4 is built for OLB to dominate games. Lets face it both Haggans/Porter have not dominated this year.

Offense-Ben
Defense-Haggans/Porter
Special teams/PuntReturner-Ricardo Colclough Santonio Holmes

The kicking game sucked on both ends this year no doubt and the coverage units were terrible at times this year. But there is no question the turn overs from the punt return team killed the Steelers the most this year.

BigDuke6
12-29-2006, 03:03 PM

Tom

What did I miss ??

BigDuke6
12-29-2006, 03:09 PM
D - Ike. Thats a lot of dough for a nickel/dime back. In addition, wasnt Ike the one who set off from the SB to a work-out session in Florida which lasted right up to training camp. He certainly was head/shoulders above all other disappointments on D.
O - Ben's performance was atrocious this year. He has good stats against the weak teams but against the contenders he sucked.
STs - All (except Morey and Warren).

I guess I could have saved some space and just said Cowher to all.

Mosca
12-29-2006, 03:21 PM
What did I miss ??

Not much; he took pictures of his manhood and sent them by cell # to various women. the pictures made the internet, not hard to find via Google, and just as disgusting as they sound; not worth looking for. The comments posted at the various blogs are pretty funny though; it seems that he has a reputation for being a sleaze in bars around town, according to the comments.

Tom

83-Steelers-43
12-29-2006, 04:23 PM
Defense: Ike Taylor. After that new contract, what happened?

Offense: Ben Roethlisberger. Excuses can be made, but I'm not one for sugarcoating and excuse making....you didn't get it done.

ST's: Where to begin?

plenewken
12-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Defense: Ike Taylor,: a big bust and Porter: all mouth no big plays
Offense: need I say?........Ben, big time
ST: Many of them but particularly Colglough (terrible hands, can't follow the ball in the air and run), Gardocki (atrocious the whole season) and Reed (can't kick deeper than the 10 yards line)

stillers4me
12-29-2006, 06:28 PM
Me.......I just blame Troy's facial hair. I just doesn't work for me.

Stlrs4Life
12-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Defense .. 3rd Down defense, and lack of pressure on the QB

Offesne.... OL, pass protection, and inability to run the ball very well, and 3rd down conversions

ST... Kick return teams stunk, too many fumbles

iloveben7
12-29-2006, 10:15 PM
I don't think Ben let us down, the O-line did!! Not saying Peyton Manning is good or anything, but he wouldn't have been able to throw perfectly with the O-line we had this season!!

polamalufan43
12-30-2006, 10:33 AM

Ok that I might agree with you on. When I saw him with that, I thought he looked like the Samoan version of Santa Clause. I like the usual long hiar and alittle on the face is okay, but that was just odd.

BigDuke6
12-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Not much; he took pictures of his manhood and sent them by cell # to various women. the pictures made the internet, not hard to find via Google, and just as disgusting as they sound; not worth looking for. The comments posted at the various blogs are pretty funny though; it seems that he has a reputation for being a sleaze in bars around town, according to the comments.

Tom

Toss him.

Steelillini
12-30-2006, 06:16 PM
Defense-----pressure on the QB so the LB's
Offense----OL pretty much stunk in the big games, not sure why so many are blaming Ben, when both Baltimore games showed how bad the O-line played this year
ST--Gardocki was bad

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2006, 06:20 PM
The reason Ben gets so much blame its simple. When the team wins the QB usually gets to much credit and when the team losses the QB gets the most blame. I agree the Oline sucked as well but 22 INT's speaks for itself. I'm still a huge Ben fan always will be. But he had a rough year.

plenewken
12-30-2006, 06:44 PM
The reason Ben gets so much blame its simple. When the team wins the QB usually gets to much credit and when the team losses the QB gets the most blame. I agree the Oline sucked as well but 22 INT's speaks for itself. I'm still a huge Ben fan always will be. But he had a rough year.

You can add 5 fumbles to the 22 INT's. By the way, most of his interceptions have nothing to do with the OL. When he throws into double coverage, when he underthrows or overthrows a WR and gets picked, he could have 25 guys in front protecting him, that would still happen. He played pretty bad this year, that's a fact.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2006, 06:50 PM
You can add 5 fumbles to the 22 INT's. By the way, most of his interceptions have nothing to do with the OL. When he throws into double coverage, when he underthrows or overthrows a WR and gets picked, he could have 25 guys in front protecting him, that would still happen. He played pretty bad this year, that's a fact.

Ok first who said the Oline had anything to do with Ben's 22 INT's? So before you bring that shit up you better learn to read. I agree Ben had a terrible year. But the Oline also gave up over 45 sacks. Thats not to impressive.

plenewken
12-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Ok first who said the Oline had anything to do with Ben's 22 INT's? So before you bring that shit up you better learn to read. I agree Ben had a terrible year. But the Oline also gave up over 45 sacks. Thats not to impressive.

Sorry BGF, I quoted you for the 22 INT but for the rest of my point, I wasn't replying to you personally. I was replying to other people saying his INTs were imputable to the OL. The OL is clearly responsible for the sacks although some of them could have been avoided if he had thrown the ball away.

Bottom line, we both agree, he had a terrible year and so did the OL. Take care.

iloveben7
12-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Def. has got to be pass rush
Off. ben
ST. Gotta agree with you here on Gardocki. I was actually hoping they kept the young kid from training camp and now I don't remember his name. Gardocki has lost the leg. We may have 2 new kickers next year.

His name was Mike Barr!! I met him and he was really nice!! We talked for like 10 minutes and he was a great punter!!

klick81
12-31-2006, 02:20 AM

Makes him look like a depressed man. With the way the season was going, it looked even worse.