PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson...the smacktalk begins with the Steelers...

AllAmericanSteelerGirl#7
08-04-2005, 09:24 PM
Chad Johnson made a comment today that the Bengals were going to crush our defense. And they interviewed Willie Williams about Chad and he said that "that was Chad." They are pretty used to it and Willie made the comment saying, "at least he's thinking about the Steelers, that should say something!" HAHA....true, true!

Maybe he will send us some Pepto before the game! haha! :rolleyes:

~AllAmer~

bigbensgirl7
08-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Yah Chad is always good at smack talk!

ironcitychef
08-04-2005, 10:53 PM
Yeah the Bengals are better this year so Johnson could be the Taylor Made Driver and we could be the golf ball, oh wait....

Livinginthe past
08-05-2005, 05:16 AM
I am pretty sure that you could devise a scietific ratio - the more smack talkers you have on your team - the less succesful said team will be.

Lets face it the big guns know who the big guns are, the media knows who they are, its only the smack-talking players who are trying to convince anyone......

NM

bigbensgirl7
08-05-2005, 12:09 PM
That would be an interesting stat to see Living!

ironcitychef
08-05-2005, 11:54 PM
I am pretty sure that you could devise a scietific ratio - the more smack talkers you have on your team - the less succesful said team will be.

Lets face it the big guns know who the big guns are, the media knows who they are, its only the smack-talking players who are trying to convince anyone......

NM

I do agree on the ratio, but those Bears under Ditka kinda blow curve don't they NE fans?:D

Livinginthe past
08-06-2005, 05:37 AM
I do agree on the ratio, but those Bears under Ditka kinda blow curve don't they NE fans?:D

Ditka's Bears were probably so much better that they would have creamed us anyway, regardless of smack talk.
The problem comes when you get teams that are more evenly matched (as we have these days) when a little bit of wel directed anger can make all the difference.

Lots of teams have players that struggle with the team first ethic - but there is nothing surer to bring a squad closer together than bad-mouthing them.

Cheers

NM