PDA

View Full Version : They just don't get it!!

stillers4me
12-29-2006, 06:02 PM
All season long, the Bengals fans where allowed to wear their Bungals shirts and jerseys to work on Fridays before their games. I never wore my Steeler jersey, but I did sneak in my Steeler socks and earings. Today, I decided to wear my Polamalu jersey. There was a whopping total of 3 Bengals shirts there today!! They "forgot"........uh huh. One gal even said, why bother, they aren't getting into the playoffs anyway. The game won't mean anything anyway. I FREAKED OUT ON THEM!! I said I'd never seen a bigger bunch of fairweather, bandwagon fans in all my life!! Furthermore, I told them, if by some miracle they sneak into the playoffs, I don't want to see one jersey, or hear any SuperBowl talk out of them because they didn't deserve the right. I shamed them into putting a Go Bengals banner up.......then I wrote WE DEY, BABY on it. I was amazed......but I shouldn't be. :dang:

Thank God I'm a Steelers fan.

Mosca
12-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Steelers fans are like the Whos in Whoville... it's ALWAYS an occasion when we have a game on Sunday!

Tom

polamalufan43
12-29-2006, 06:25 PM
WOOT WOOT!
Your right, it's always a party on Saturday and an even bigger one on Sunday my friends

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

stillers4me
12-29-2006, 06:26 PM
They didn't even know who Polamalu was on my jersey.....some football fans.

polamalufan43
12-29-2006, 06:28 PM
They didn't even know who Polamalu was on my jersey.....some football fans.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bengals=El Stupido

You should have said he's the dude with the hair that bowled over Palmer awhile back...

Okay, that just set me off. I'm going to Cinci and starting a riot, who's coming?
Now where did I put that polamalu wig... oh here it is....

stillers4me
12-29-2006, 06:30 PM
I even scrunched my long blonde hair to resemble Troy's........nobody got it.

I wanna go home.............................................. ....

polamalufan43
12-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Okay, just show them this picture,

http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/images/players/troy_polamalu01.jpg
http://caowens.com/troy_polamalu.jpg

Tell them he's number 43,

~polamalufan43:tt02:

floodcitygirl
12-29-2006, 11:59 PM
Steelers fans are like the Whos in Whoville... it's ALWAYS an occasion when we have a game on Sunday!

TomI think that may be a near-perfect quote! :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2006, 10:17 AM

(I'd wanna move)...but if you leave it will lower the average IQ...so I guess your stuck....(sorry)

Brew Crew Grrl
12-30-2006, 04:11 PM
(I'd wanna move)...but if you leave it will lower the average IQ...so I guess your stuck....(sorry)

If my memory serves me correctly I remember a team last year that was almost eliminated from the playoffs. Oh how many fans were huffing and puffing, their terrible towels dragging the mud caked ground in shame of the season. Casting aside their jerseys and not going to their regular bar because the season was over. I remember that same collective jumping back onto the band wagon after dealing a crushing blow to a Cincinnati team that was missing its most important link. Soon to be followed by people literally clamoring over each other in order to get back on the ship they has so easliy abandoned only a few weeks ago. Double edged knives cut both was Steeler fans. :flap:

floodcitygirl
12-30-2006, 04:17 PM
If my memory serves me correctly I remember a team last year that was almost eliminated from the playoffs. Oh how many fans were huffing and puffing, their terrible towels dragging the mud caked ground in shame of the season. Casting aside their jerseys and not going to their regular bar because the season was over. I remember that same collective jumping back onto the band wagon after dealing a crushing blow to a Cincinnati team that was missing its most important link. Soon to be followed by people literally clamoring over each other in order to get back on the ship they has so easliy abandoned only a few weeks ago. Double edged knives cut both was Steeler fans. :flap:I'd get that memory checked if I were you, it seems to be failing. Your above scenario plays out weekly during the season in Cincy, I know. But the Steeler Nation just doesn't work that way. Try not to be too jealous. It does ugly things to people. :smile:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2006, 04:19 PM
If my memory serves me correctly I remember a team last year that was almost eliminated from the playoffs. Oh how many fans were huffing and puffing, their terrible towels dragging the mud caked ground in shame of the season. Casting aside their jerseys and not going to their regular bar because the season was over. I remember that same collective jumping back onto the band wagon after dealing a crushing blow to a Cincinnati team that was missing its most important link. Soon to be followed by people literally clamoring over each other in order to get back on the ship they has so easliy abandoned only a few weeks ago. Double edged knives cut both was Steeler fans. :flap:

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Big D

i would quit

HometownGal

Don't know what planet you were on last season, BrewCrew, but obviously you weren't here on earth. The majority of us Steelers fans NEVER gave up on our team, even when the chips seemed to be down, unlike you fairweathered bandwagon jumpin' Bungles fans. Obviously you haven't read much in our Steelers forum before you opened your yap. We may have lost the opportunity to reach the post-season, but we've never - nor will we EVER - lose our Steelers pride - a pride that has lasted over 3 decades. Misery loves company - none of us are interested in your brand of company.

MACH1

Must be speaking from experience. Bunghole fans made it an art form on & off on & off. Then you begin with all the excuses, but only IF this or that. But bottom line their still the bungals and they still suck.:dang:

Big D
12-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Must be speaking from experience. Bunghole fans made it an art form on & off on & off. Then you begin with all the excuses, but only IF this or that. But bottom line their still the bungals and they still suck.:dang:

give it another losing season and you wont even be able to find a bungle fan in cincy

Brew Crew Grrl
12-30-2006, 04:27 PM
I'd get that memory checked if I were you, it seems to be failing. Your above scenario plays out weekly during the season in Cincy, I know. But the Steeler Nation just doesn't work that way. Try not to be too jealous. It does ugly things to people. :smile:

De-nile- not just a river that flows through Egypt

tony hipchest
12-30-2006, 04:27 PM
i remember a team last year that was invited to the big dance but they failed to show up. missed their only shot in the last 16 years.

oh well. im sure a blue moon will come around in the next 15 years. dont hold your breath Brew Crew Growl. on second thought, hold your breath. im beginning to smell the cincifunk :blah:

floodcitygirl
12-30-2006, 04:30 PM
De-nile- not just a river that flows through EgyptI know....living in this city, I have to wade thru it on a daily basis. Ewwhhhh! :dang:

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2006, 04:31 PM
give it another losing season and you wont even be able to find a bungle fan in cincy

Before last season, you couldn't find one.

Brew Crew Grrl
12-30-2006, 04:31 PM
i remember a team last year that was invited to the big dance but they failed to show up. missed their only shot in the last 16 years.

oh well. im sure a blue moon will come around in the next 15 years. dont hold your breath Brew Crew Growl. on second thought, hold your breath. im beginning to smell the cincifunk :blah:

I seem to remember missing a vital part of our offense in that big dance...

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2006, 04:33 PM

So the Wild Card game is the Big Dance for Bengal Fans? Hm, seems to me the SB is the big dance for us.

Big D
12-30-2006, 04:34 PM
So the Wild Card game is the Big Dance for Bengal Fans? Hm, seems to me the SB is the big dance for us.

thats what seperates the winners from the losers. As the great ricky bob once said "if your not in first, your in last"

floodcitygirl
12-30-2006, 04:35 PM
I seem to remember missing a vital part of our offense in that big dance...And your excuse for this year is....???? Nevermind. Don't say it...we've heard them all anyway.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2006, 04:35 PM

Well when you suck for 15 years a little wild card game would be a big deal just like a little division title.

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2006, 04:36 PM
I know....living in this city, I have to wade thru it on a daily basis. Ewwhhhh! :dang:

:sofunny:

Brew Crew Grrl
12-30-2006, 04:39 PM

Couldn't make it. Seems some team from Pittsburgh didn't think they could make it without mangling our QBs knee :mad:

MACH1
12-30-2006, 04:40 PM
And your excuse for this year is....???? Nevermind. Don't say it...we've heard them all anyway.

I know, I know, they cant run with ankle cuffs on. :sofunny:

floodcitygirl
12-30-2006, 04:41 PM
I know, I know, they cant run with ankle cuffs on. :sofunny:Good one! :toofunny:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2006, 04:43 PM
Couldn't make it. Seems some team from Pittsburgh didn't think they could make it without mangling our QBs knee :mad:

Oh God cry me a ****ing River. Get over it and to think that some still think the Steelers hurt Carson on purpose is ****ing sad. I didn't know Carson played defense also? The Bengals sorry ass defense had as much to do with the Bengals lossing as Carson's injury. But I understand when you suck for so long to have the rug pulled from under neath you is going to hurt.:smile:

Brew Crew Grrl
12-30-2006, 04:44 PM
I know, I know, they cant run with ankle cuffs on. :sofunny:

Gotta admit that was good:toofunny:

You would have appreciated my halloween costume this year... Chris Henry and a police officer:smile:

floodcitygirl
12-30-2006, 04:48 PM
Gotta admit that was good:toofunny:

You would have appreciated my halloween costume this year... Chris Henry and a police officer:smile:If you like that go see the thread "Just in time for Christmas" here in the BF...you'll really enjoy it! I have mine sitting right here. :wink02:

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2006, 04:52 PM

Whatever. Teach your boys how to block, and Kimo doesn't have to touch Carson. Perfectly legit hit also.

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Whatever. Teach your boys how to block, and Kimo doesn't have to touch Carson. Perfectly legit hit also.

Amen to that.

Brew Crew Grrl
12-30-2006, 05:04 PM

Hey... elite offensive lines aren't flawless. Just sucked that the one time they miss... fatarse falls on the QB's leg.

floodcity.... cute! I try to look at the bright side of things. At least none of em have committed murder ala Ray Lewis:dang:

83-Steelers-43
12-30-2006, 05:07 PM
in order to get back on the ship they has so easliy abandoned only a few weeks ago. Double edged knives cut both was Steeler fans. :flap:

After reading that, is it even worth it?

Big D
12-30-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey... elite offensive lines aren't flawless. Just sucked that the one time they miss... fatarse falls on the QB's leg.

floodcity.... cute! I try to look at the bright side of things. At least none of em have committed murder ala Ray Lewis:dang:

no instead they try to get little girls drunk.

Brew Crew Grrl
12-30-2006, 05:13 PM
no instead they try to get little girls drunk.

Hrmmm... never knew Chris Henry was on the offensive line. Guess I need to brush up on my football knowledge:coffee:

MACH1
12-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Hrmmm... never knew Chris Henry was on the offensive line. Guess I need to brush up on my football knowledge:coffee:

If it looks like a Bungal, If it walks like a Bungal, it must be a ???

tony hipchest
12-30-2006, 05:21 PM
I seem to remember missing a vital part of our offense in that big dance...you werent missing that vital part last week in denver and denver is much weaker than last years steelers. what happened? other than him proving he wouldnt have helped you out much in the playoffs last year anyways.

note: excuses to follow

HometownGal
12-30-2006, 05:29 PM
At least none of em have committed murder ala Ray Lewis:dang:

Not YET - I'm sure that's coming - God knows they've committed every other crime known to mankind. No more WHO DEY for the Bungles. WHO NEXT is much more appropo.

polamalufan43
12-30-2006, 05:33 PM
Not YET - I'm sure that's coming - God knows they've committed every other crime known to mankind. No more WHO DEY for the Bungles. WHO NEXT is much more appropo.

Hey, I think I heard some police officers screaming that the last time a Bengal got locked up, it must be catching on.
Apparently there is a new way to earn your stripes.

HometownGal
12-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Hey, I think I heard some police officers screaming that the last time a Bengal got locked up, it must be catching on.
Apparently there is a new way to earn your stripes.

The Bungles' scouts are already scoping out the local pokeys for next year's "draft". :toofunny:

polamalufan43
12-30-2006, 09:24 PM
The Bungles' scouts are already scoping out the local pokeys for next year's "draft". :toofunny:

The newest scout convo...

"Alright guys, so we have decided that the new members have to have something we have never had before. Speed, agility, power..."

"Don't forget something we already have,"

"And what is that?"

"A min of three arrests with one being on DUI charges,"

"Excellent point! We can't have our boys sober now can we?"

"No we can't!"

"I'm sure the commissioner will approve this. It's pure greatness!"

Livinginthe past
12-30-2006, 09:33 PM
Dont know if someone already brought this one up but it looks like the Bengals refuse to learn the lesson resulting from multiple criminal run-ins by its players.

POSTED 9:45 p.m. EST, December 27, 2006

ANOTHER TURD FOR THE BENGALS?

Undeterred (or is it undeturd?) by the arrests of eight players this year, the Cincinnati Bengals worked out on Wednesday former Iowa State defensive end Jason Berryman.

Berryman was not selected in the 2006 supplemental draft. He missed the entire 2004 season while serving 258 days in jail for theft and assault convictions.

Though Berryman has not yet been signed, why would the Bengals even sniff around someone with a history of incarceration, given the stream of embarrassments that the franchise has faced this season?

Clearly, coach Marvin Lewis has decided that talent trumps turdishness, and it looks like he'll continue to risk further tarnish to the team's reputation if, in the end, his troubled players might help to deliver a shining silver trophy.

X-Terminator
12-30-2006, 09:54 PM
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

All they need is 2 more convicts and they'll have enough guys to take on the team from The Longest Yard...

HometownGal
12-30-2006, 10:01 PM
I hear they are closing PBS next season and the Bungles are moving to a facility which feels more like home..........all nice and cozy. Rent's cheap too.

http://www.visitingdc.com/images/alcatraz-prison-picture.jpg

fansince'76
12-31-2006, 12:08 AM

So after the Jets kick the Raiders' asses all over the field tomorrow, what will the excuse be this time around for completely missing the playoffs?

fansince'76
12-31-2006, 12:11 AM
So the Wild Card game is the Big Dance for Bengal Fans?

Cut them some slack - these are the same folks that think their winning the AFC North crown last year somehow trumps our winning the SB, after all.

fansince'76
12-31-2006, 12:16 AM
If my memory serves me correctly I remember a team last year that was almost eliminated from the playoffs. Oh how many fans were huffing and puffing, their terrible towels dragging the mud caked ground in shame of the season. Casting aside their jerseys and not going to their regular bar because the season was over. I remember that same collective jumping back onto the band wagon after dealing a crushing blow to a Cincinnati team that was missing its most important link.

And I remember a city where before last season, tickets to the games of the local NFL team could not be given away. Guess which city?

stillers4me
12-31-2006, 07:33 AM
And I remember a city where before last season, tickets to the games of the local NFL team could not be given away. Guess which city?

Look for the big yellow sign today that says Heinz Field West. There's a reason for that. :wink02:

floodcitygirl
12-31-2006, 08:08 AM
Look for the big yellow sign today that says Heinz Field West. There's a reason for that. :wink02::thumbsup:

83-Steelers-43
12-31-2006, 09:12 AM
I posted this over a year ago and I'll post it again. There has been a change since then. Another Steeler Super Bowl victory. Below is really all they need "to get"..........

The Pittsburgh Steelers:

Super Bowl Champions: (5)
IX (1974), X (1975), XIII (1978),
XIV (1979), XL (2005)

Super Bowls Appearances: (6)
IX (1974), X (1975), XIII (1978),
XIV (1979), XXX (1995), XL (2005)

NFL/AFC Championship
Games: (13)
1972, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1978, 1979, 1984, 1994, 1995, 1997, 2001, 2004, 2005

Division Champions: (17)
1972, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1983, 1984, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2004

Playoff Appearences: (23)
1947, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005

Record in Playoff Games:
28-18 .607

Hall of Famers:(22)

Bert Bell President 1941-1946
Mel Blount CB 1970-1983
Terry Bradshaw QB 1970-1983
Len Dawson QB 1957-1959
Bill Dudley RB 1942, 1945-1946
Mean Joe Greene DT 1969-1981
Jack Ham LB 1971-1982
Franco Harris RB 1972-1983
Cal Hubbard OT 1936
John Henry Johnson RB 1960-65
Walt Kiesling Coach 1939-1940,
1941-1944, 1954-1956
Jack Lambert LB 1974-1984
Bobby Layne QB 1958-196
John McNally Coach 1934, 37-39
Marion Motley RB 1955
Chuck Noll Coach 1969-1991
Art Rooney Owner 1933-1988
Dan Rooney Owner 1955-Present
John Stallworth WR 1974-1987
Ernie Stauter DT 1950-1963
Lynn Swann WR 1974-1982
Mike Webster C 1974-1988

Pro Bowl MVP: (4)

1957 Ernie Stautner* OT
1960 Gene Lipscomb* OT
1963 Gene Lipscomb OT
1977 Mel Blount CB

*-Played on Losing Team

AWARDS

Coach of the Year: (1)

1992 Bill Cowher

Def. Rookie of the Year: (3)
1969 Mean Joe Greene DT
1974 Jack Lambert LB
2001 Kendrell Bell LB

Off. Rookie of the Year: (4)
1958 Jimmy Orr WR
1972 Franco Harris RB
1984 Louis Lipps WR
2004 Ben Roethlisberger QB

Def. Player of the Year: (4)
1974 Mean Joe Greene DT
1975 Mel Blount CB
1976 Jack Lambert LB
1993 Rod Woodson DB

NFL MVP: (2)

1946 Bill Dudley RB
1978 Terry Bradshaw QB

Super Bowl MVP: (5)
IX Franco Harris RB (1974)
X Lynn Swann WR (1975)
XIII Terry Bradshaw QB (1978)
XIV Terry Bradshaw QB (1979)
XL Hines Ward WR (2005)

The Cincinnati Bungles:

Super Bowl Champions:
None

Super Bowls Appearances: (2)
XVI (1981), XXIII (1988)

Division Champions: (6)
1970, 1973, 1981, 1988, 1990, 2005

Playoff Appearences: (8)
1970, 1973, 1975, 1981, 1982, 1988, 1990, 2005

Record in Playoff Games:
5-8 .385

Hall of Famers:(3)

Paul Brown Coach 1968-1975
Charlie Joiner WR 1972-1975
Anthony Munoz OT 1980-1992

Pro Bowl MVP:
None

AWARDS

Coach of the Year: (1)
1969 Paul Brown

Def. Rookie of the Year:
None

Off. Rookie of the Year: (2)
1985 Eddie Brown WR
1992 Carl Pickens WR

Def. Player of the Year:
None

Off. Player of the Year: (1)
1981 Ken Anderson QB

NFL MVP: (2)
1981 Ken Anderson QB
1988 Boomer Esiason QB

Super Bowl MVP:
None

Livinginthe past
12-31-2006, 09:30 AM
Now thats a great smack post.

Its so good I dont see a Bengals fans trying to address it.

Beats all that 'who dey?'/ 'we dey!' crap any day of the week.

NM

83-Steelers-43
12-31-2006, 04:21 PM
Can I add on from the above post?

SteelShooter
12-31-2006, 04:48 PM

Funny, I don't remember that at all. At least not where I was...........

MACH1
12-31-2006, 08:53 PM
And they still don't get it. :dang:
From go-bungals --http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showforum=4
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2006, 08:57 PM
GREAT SMACK TALK 83. Well Said.

stillers4me
12-31-2006, 09:01 PM
Hey Brew Crew girl.....here kitty, kitty, kitty.................WE DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2006, 09:01 PM
Hey Brew Crew girl.....here kitty, kitty, kitty.................WE DEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: