PDA

View Full Version : Ben a Slacker?

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-30-2006, 01:23 AM
From our friends over at profootballtalk.com If this is the case it sure showed this year, he ought get his ass in gear....

BIG BEN NEEDS TO BUCKLE DOWN

Regardless of who the head coach of the Steelers will be in 2007 (and we don't think it will be anyone named Cowher or Grimm or Whisenhunt . . . or Joey Joe-Joe Junior Shabadoo), the guy leading the way starting next season needs to get quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to take his job more seriously.

Industry sources tell us that Roethlisberger's motto is "last in, first out" -- a reference to his substandard work ethic. He has developed a reputation for not working with his receivers, and for not studying film.

There's no room for complacency in the NFL, and we've got a feeling that other players in Pittsburgh are also guilty of cutting corners in the season after the long-coveted One for the Thumb. If the next coach can get Roethlisberger to bust his ass, it will go a long way toward getting others in the building to do the same.

Preacher
12-30-2006, 02:32 AM
At first, I was going to say... NO WAY...

but if the coach is showing the attitude...

well, it seems to show throughout the team... and just may make sense to thier play.

clevestinks
12-30-2006, 08:07 AM
I thought I read the opposite before. And I thought he was in great shape befor ethe accident, staying in the Burgh most off season to be ready to play

Stlrs4Life
12-30-2006, 09:27 AM
I didn't read past profootballtalk.com

HometownGal
12-30-2006, 09:44 AM
My God- what a bunch of hogwash. The kid has been to hell and back this year - I'm going to be the one to say it and I don't give a rat's schmoo if I get called to the carpet for it - - under the circumstances, I'm not going to complain about Ben. How many of us could have experienced all of the problems Ben did in such a short period of time and even have the desire to get out there on that field as quickly as he did? Yes - maybe he shouldn't have, but you can't take away the kid's love for the game and for this team and I give him props for not sitting around boo-hooing about his maladies and instead - sucking it up and getting back out there and trying to be a leader.

P.S. There is no way Bill Cowher tolerates a QB who "refuses to work with his receivers or watch film". Not even a Bill Cowher who the rumor mill has as gone at the end of the season. I call bull puckies on that statement.

clevestinks
12-30-2006, 09:47 AM
My God- what a bunch of hogwash. The kid has been to hell and back this year - I'm going to be the one to say it and I don't give a rat's schmoo if I get called to the carpet for it - - under the circumstances, I'm not going to complain about Ben. How many of us could have experienced all of the problems Ben did in such a short period of time and even have the desire to get out there on that field as quickly as he did? Yes - maybe he shouldn't have, but you can't take away the kid's love for the game and for this team and I give him props for not sitting around boo-hooing about his maladies and instead - sucking it up and getting back out there and trying to be a leader.

P.S. There is no way Bill Cowher tolerates a QB who "refuses to work with his receivers or watch film". Not even a Bill Cowher who the rumor mill has as gone at the end of the season. I call bull puckies on that statement.

I call "BULL PUCKIES" Also!!!!!!!!:flap:

SteelerMurf
12-30-2006, 10:06 AM
I didn't read past profootballtalk.com

Nothing past the word profootballtalk should be taken seriously.:blah:

polamalufan43
12-30-2006, 10:12 AM

:iagree:

Ben hasn't played his best this year, but I've realized there's no point in arguing about it now, the season's almost done. And I think we should be glad that Ben is even alive right now. After all the crap he's been through/

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

clevestinks
12-30-2006, 10:18 AM
:iagree:

Ben hasn't played his best this year, but I've realized there's no point in arguing about it now, the season's almost done. And I think we should be glad that Ben is even alive right now. After all the crap he's been through/

Right, it was just six month since the accident, and just under four months since the appendectimy.

Atlanta Dan
12-30-2006, 10:22 AM
You hear the same rap on Michael Vick when he is not playing well. When it is going well you hear how Ben & Vick are "instinctive" players that take what develops. The flip side of this is Peyton Manning, who is praised for watching more film than anyone and then criticized as being too robotic when the Colts have their annual crash & burn in the playoffs. In other words, this is all recycled trash.

Ben's work habits were not criticized the past 2 seasons. I hope Ben takes a timeout from football for 2 months to sort through everything that has happened in the last year and then watches film to see what he did differently this season that resulted in more sacks and INTs.

While the INTs are a big problem to fix for 2007, I am encouraged Ben has been running more during the latter part of the season, which I attribute to getting over the physical and psychological impact of the crash and concussion.

tony hipchest
12-30-2006, 11:31 AM
bens post game ravens quote:

Your numbers in the losses this year were not good, and your numbers in the wins were very good. How much of the team's fortunes lies on your shoulders?

I told some of the receivers, and some of the other guys that we need to get better. We know that. We have one more game, and we're going to come out and play – but we know that we need to improve. We feel that we've made big steps with the young guys that we have, and we'll get better this off-season together.

so much for this insightful pft article :rolleyes:

SteelCzar76
12-30-2006, 12:52 PM
He has developed a reputation for not studying film.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

touchdownward
12-30-2006, 12:54 PM
Sounds like that article came from a beat writer at the Cincinnati Enquirer. :yawn:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2006, 01:03 PM
Can SI sue profootballtalk for copyright infringement?..I thought they had the market cornered on garbage articles.:tap:

ChronoCross
12-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Mentally and physically I do not think Ben was ready to start. The after affects of the accident has shown in his decisions and lack of movement in the pocket while under pressure. There has been some games, and I only mean some that he showed signs of himself. I could careless about some article we all know Ben needs to get his head back together and work out hard this offseason and get ready for next season. We have the talent and team to make another run, now its time for us to see if Cowher stays are who is the next coach to take us to the SB next year.

BigDuke6
12-30-2006, 02:27 PM

It figures.

SteelCzar76
12-30-2006, 02:33 PM
It figures.

Explain ? (I'm not in the buisness of making assumptions)

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

iloveben7
12-30-2006, 03:15 PM
I'm tired of all this Ben crap!! I know he didn't have a perfect season, but neither did anyone else, maybe Willie Parker did!! Ben has gone through more things in the past year than a lot of us will go through in a lifetime!! Ben deserves a lot of credit for putting up with his injury, his surgery and for never giving up!!

PAMillerGrrl83
12-30-2006, 03:20 PM
^^I agree 150% with what your sayin. This is complete BS, this is the EXACT reason why I dont read articles involving Ben anymore because I always end up ticked off at the writer, heck I hate most of the sports writers now more than ever. People are such a$$ hats and next year they're gonna be eating their hats...have fun! Also this is the type of article that makes you wanna go up poke the person and say hey "You go take a nice long walk off a short cliff. But if you believe everything that you read...well I'll leave it at that.

BigDuke6
12-30-2006, 03:28 PM
^^I agree 150% with what your sayin. This is complete BS, this is the EXACT reason why I dont read articles involving Ben anymore because I always end up ticked off at the writer, heck I hate most of the sports writers now more than ever. People are such a$$ hats and next year they're gonna be eating their hats...have fun! Also this is the type of article that makes you wanna go up poke the person and say hey "You go take a nice long walk off a short cliff. But if you believe everything that you read...well I'll leave it at that.

How do you know ?? How do you know this article doesnt have some grain of truth to it ?
Blind loyalty to anyone or anything these days is a dangerous thing.
God knows I idolized Terry Bradshaw while I was growing up (I even named my son after him). But I always acknowledged he had his warts.

iloveben7
12-30-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanks BR7SteelersBabe86!!

Big D
12-30-2006, 03:41 PM
From our friends over at profootballtalk.com If this is the case it sure showed this year, he ought get his ass in gear....

BIG BEN NEEDS TO BUCKLE DOWN

Regardless of who the head coach of the Steelers will be in 2007 (and we don't think it will be anyone named Cowher or Grimm or Whisenhunt . . . or Joey Joe-Joe Junior Shabadoo), the guy leading the way starting next season needs to get quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to take his job more seriously.

Industry sources tell us that Roethlisberger's motto is "last in, first out" -- a reference to his substandard work ethic. He has developed a reputation for not working with his receivers, and for not studying film.

There's no room for complacency in the NFL, and we've got a feeling that other players in Pittsburgh are also guilty of cutting corners in the season after the long-coveted One for the Thumb. If the next coach can get Roethlisberger to bust his ass, it will go a long way toward getting others in the building to do the same.

who the hell is the source here??? I doubt someone that rushes back from accidents, surgerys and concussions has a poor work ethic.

BigDuke6
12-30-2006, 03:47 PM
You guys kill me......You kill me !!!!! Here the Steelers are 7-8....out of the playoffs....embarrassed by rivals like the Ravens....and according to you lovers.....its NOBODYS fault....Somebody give me an honest thread to respond to....somewhere we can honestly and objectively pontificate and ruminate on the Steelers, their coaching, players, FO, everything. Not this brainless cheer-leading....
RAH RAH SIZ-BOOM BAH. GOOOOOOOO STEELERS !!!!!!

Big D
12-30-2006, 03:49 PM
You guys kill me......You kill me !!!!! Here the Steelers are 7-8....out of the playoffs....embarrassed by rivals like the Ravens....and according to you lovers.....its NOBODYS fault....Somebody give me an honest thread to respond to....somewhere we can honestly and objectively pontificate and ruminate on the Steelers, their coaching, players, FO, everything. Not this brainless cheer-leading....

I'm about as real as it gets when it comes to the steelers. I have critizted that problems with this team all year. I just dont question his work ethic. I question his piss poor decisions of rushing every single injury. This season is the coaching staffs fault as well as bens as well.

BigDuke6
12-30-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm about as real as it gets when it comes to the steelers. I have critizted that problems with this team all year. I just dont question his work ethic. I question his piss poor decisions of rushing every single injury. This season is the coaching staffs fault as well as bens as well.

Thank you for your response. I was hoping to get a rise out of somebody. Thank you.

Big D
12-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Thank you for your response. I was hoping to get a rise out of somebody. Thank you.

that bored huh?

SteelCzar76
12-30-2006, 04:30 PM

Be easy Duke. If you've done your homework,....you know that i and many others here have "kept it real" (so to speak) in regards to Ben's performance this season. (In my case,...since he's come into the League)
But at the same time it's productive to try to be objective when regarding the opinions of others,....regardless as to whether you agree with them or not.
By no means am i advising you or anyone else to "bite their tongues". I'm just saying,....("Bobby Deniro voice")......"A little more tact might be in order" LOL

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Big D
12-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Be easy Duke. If you've done your homework,....you know that i and many others here have "kept it real" (so to speak) in regards to Ben's performance this season. (In my case,...since he's come into the League)
But at the same time it's productive to try to be objective when regarding the opinions of others,....regardless as to whether you agree with them or not.
By no means am i advising you or anyone else to "bite their tongues". I'm just saying,....("Bobby Deniro voice")......"A little more tact might be in order" LOL

no you missed out on his other thread. He just wanted some attention

HometownGal
12-30-2006, 04:52 PM
You guys kill me......You kill me !!!!! Here the Steelers are 7-8....out of the playoffs....embarrassed by rivals like the Ravens....and according to you lovers.....its NOBODYS fault....Somebody give me an honest thread to respond to....somewhere we can honestly and objectively pontificate and ruminate on the Steelers, their coaching, players, FO, everything. Not this brainless cheer-leading....RAH RAH SIZ-BOOM BAH. GOOOOOOOO STEELERS !!!!!!

BigDuke - we are all entitled to our opinions around here - please refrain from putting others down who don't agree with yours. Thanks.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Hey this isn't the first time I have heard and read that Ben had a questionable work ethic. Even his teammates said in the past that Ben looked terrible in practice and if you read between the lines that his teammates were trying to say that Ben's needs to put more effort into practice. But the thing was Ben got it done on gameday for the most part in his first two years so no problems. Plus when you factor in all the success Ben had in his first two that maybe he did slack alittle this year. Plus his health could have played a factor to.

Hey we all need alittle push from time to time so Ben maybe needs a push for next year. I think Ben has learned alot from this year and will rebound and play like the QB we know he can be next year.

MACH1
12-30-2006, 05:02 PM
Not saying Ben is a slacker, but he as well as others on the team could probably do a little more homework when it comes to getting prepared for the games, season.

BigDuke6
12-30-2006, 05:23 PM
BigDuke - we are all entitled to our opinions around here - please refrain from putting others down who don't agree with yours. Thanks.

Hey HTG - This is why these threads are so lame. Gimme a break !!! I havent put anybody down around here. Never have. Quite the contrary. And by the way, dont try to bully me because you are a Ben apologist and disagree with my viewpoint.
If you are going to pull that crap - Punt me !!!

Big D
12-30-2006, 05:25 PM

I think the part where you say.. Not this brainless cheer-leading can easily be offensive to some people. Espically the women in the forum

Big D
12-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Hey HTG - This is why these threads are so lame. Gimme a break !!! I havent put anybody down around here. Never have. Quite the contrary. And by the way, dont try to bully me because you are a Ben apologist and disagree with my viewpoint.

and htg and I came into the forum right around the same time. One thing she is not is a bully nor would she "punt" you because you and her dont see eye to eye on something. HTG and I have had disagreements regarding Bill Cowher and Tommy Maddox but we keep the disagreements on a mature level and have respect for one another.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2006, 05:41 PM

Ok you can ask many around here that I have been critical of the Steelers at times this year and they deserve the negative stuff that some say about them. But you know there comes a time to put stuff behind you and I have put this season behind and I think that most have. We all know the Steelers had a bad season but no need to live in the past and just look forward to the future. I think its safe to say this team still has the talent to have a bright future.

SteelCzar76
12-30-2006, 05:54 PM
I think the part where you say.. Not this brainless cheer-leading can easily be offensive to some people. Espically the women in the forum

Exactly. And although in truth some of the ladies here are fond of Ben for more reasons than his onfield performance (thus effecting their perception),..... I don't think HomeTown falls into that catagory. (Do your homework Duke) LOL
Bottom line,....it's good Fam. (Duke) Keep things in perspective and remember that it's sometimes difficult to gauge context and or emotional content via computer screen.

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Big D
12-30-2006, 05:56 PM
Exactly. And although in truth some of the ladies here are fond of Ben for more reasons than his onfield performance (thus effecting their perception),..... I don't think HomeTown falls into that catagory. (Do your homework Duke) LOL
Bottom line,....it's good Fam. (Duke) Keep things in perspective and remember that it's sometimes difficult to gauge context and or emotional content via computer screen.

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

and what reason could that be???? :smile:

Livinginthe past
12-30-2006, 06:04 PM

No-one is trying to 'bully' you.

These decisions made are in the best interests of the forum and are often taken after consideration by all 3 moderators.

You sound like the type of guy who is capable of arguing a point without calling people 'brainless'.

Stick to the simple fourm rules and you wont have a problem, we have many different opinions on many subjects here - and to make sure we all get a fair chance to air them we dont allow abusive posts.

Its a simple rule and it works.

NM

SteelCzar76
12-30-2006, 06:15 PM
and what reason could that be???? :smile:

You know,....the whole midwestern "Gee,....i seem to have left my accuracy under your bed M'am" (followed by a smile) thing.:sofunny:
But hey,....i don't hate,.... i congratulate that. (As dictated by Man Law section code 2217)
LMAO

plenewken
12-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Ben deserves a lot of credit for putting up with his injury, his surgery and for never giving up!!

Credit for what? He's a professional athlete and that's what his teammates, his employer, his sponsors and his fans are expecting from him. He let everybody down when he rode his bike lidless, against everyone's advice, and crashed, ruining a great opportunity to maintain his team on top of the rankings. At this point, he owes everyone more than we owe him and I expect him to repay us next year by getting back to the level of 2004 and 2005. Sorry, that's what I feel at this point.

X-Terminator
12-30-2006, 06:45 PM

Atlanta Dan
12-30-2006, 06:48 PM
Umm - saying Ben owes it to the fans is like saying a well paid executive owes it to the customers.

Ben owes it to his co-workers and the people who sign his paychecks - if he does not get it done he will be let go; if he gets it done he will get a big raise.

It's a business - Ben does not owe us a damn thing.

NM

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2006, 06:51 PM
I agree Dan, that Ben doesn't owe the fans a damn thing. Ben let the organization and his teammates down this year and Ben owes them not the fans.

SteelCzar76
12-30-2006, 07:01 PM
Ben doesn't owe the fans a damn thing. Ben let the organization and his teammates down this year and Ben owes them not the fans.

"And that would be,........uhhhhhh,....NUFF SAID"

"Hail caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

plenewken
12-30-2006, 08:09 PM
Umm - saying Ben owes it to the fans is like saying a well paid executive owes it to the customers.

Ben owes it to his co-workers and the people who sign his paychecks - if he does not get it done he will be let go; if he gets it done he will get a big raise.

It's a business - Ben does not owe us a damn thing.

NM

He doesn't owe us a damn thing except that without us, the fans, most of his endorsements wouldn't exist. Who buys the Roethlisberger jerseys and the other stuff carrying his name?
Now, he sure owes big time to his teammates, the Steelers' organization and his sponsors.

Atlanta Dan
12-30-2006, 08:26 PM
He doesn't owe us a damn thing except that without us, the fans, most of his endorsements wouldn't exist. Who buys the Roethlisberger jerseys and the other stuff carrying his name?
Now, he sure owes big time to his teammates, the Steelers' organization and his sponsors.

Well then somebody else will get those endorsements and somebody else's jersey will be purchased. In the words of Jerry Seinfeld, team sports involves rooting for laundry.

Saying Ben owes anything to someone who owns a #7 jersey is like saying the cast and writers of The Sopranos owe whoever bought the DVD another good season of episodes.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-30-2006, 08:47 PM

Hey I own alot of Big Ben items including a number 7 jersey but he I don't think he owes me a damn thing. Nobody held a gun to my head making me by that jersey or anything else.

polamalufan43
12-30-2006, 08:56 PM
I think he owes the organization something. I also think he owes the fans something, but not as much. I mean, us as fans couldn't make him anything if Cowher and Colbert didn't think to sign him and to let him start in place of Maddox. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't know him has anything but the back-up or third string QB.

X-Terminator
12-30-2006, 09:09 PM
I think he owes the organization something. I also think he owes the fans something, but not as much. I mean, us as fans couldn't make him anything if Cowher and Colbert didn't think to sign him and to let him start in place of Maddox. If it weren't for them, we wouldn't know him has anything but the back-up or third string QB.

No, Atlanta Dan and BAGF32 are correct - Ben does not owe the fans anything and neither does any other professional athlete. The fact that many fans think they do is a big part of the reason behind the "what have you done for me lately" mentality that has permeated sports fandom these days. A player can go from hero to goat in no time flat, and it's already beginning to happen with Ben among many Steelers fans - exactly what I predicted would happen the day he was drafted. Are we the only team with fans like this? Of course not. One needs to look no further than our "friends" in SW Ohio for evidence of that...

NV STEELERS 723
12-30-2006, 09:45 PM
I don't think Ben is a Slacker...he's a tough kid, he wants to win, and this year he has tried too hard due to health....the first 2 years he never threw a Red Zone INT....I think he's had 3 or 4 this year..

We have a great QB leading our STEELERS....he will lead us again in 2007....

I have no doubt!

iloveben7
12-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Credit for what? He's a professional athlete and that's what his teammates, his employer, his sponsors and his fans are expecting from him. He let everybody down when he rode his bike lidless, against everyone's advice, and crashed, ruining a great opportunity to maintain his team on top of the rankings. At this point, he owes everyone more than we owe him and I expect him to repay us next year by getting back to the level of 2004 and 2005. Sorry, that's what I feel at this point.
This season isn't all Ben's fault!! Half the interceptions weren't his fault-the recievers didn't catch the ball and tipped it into the opposing team's hand!

iloveben7
12-30-2006, 10:15 PM

Why does Ben owe us anything? We haven't done anything to affect his career! We support him and everything, but we can't affect how he plays.

iloveben7
12-30-2006, 10:16 PM
I agree with you!! It offends me because mostly all the women on this forum are very knowledgeable in sports!!

iloveben7
12-30-2006, 10:17 PM
If Ben was a slacker, then why did Cowher keep him on the field?
If Ben was a slacker, he would've gave up in every game that we were down in?

fansince'76
12-31-2006, 12:03 AM

Profootballtalk.com = NFL version of the National Enquirer. NOT exactly a credible source of information. Please take anything they say with a grain of salt.

PAMillerGrrl83
12-31-2006, 12:22 AM
You and I *iloveben7* are looked at as simply "Ben Fans" and not true Steeler fans and that could NOT be farther from the truth. I've been a Steelers fan since I was about 6 or 7 and I'm 20 now. My all time favorite Steeler is Terry Bradshaw and I find it very disrepectful that my opnions arent respected and I dont think I should be jumped at for taking up for Ben. I've followed Ben from his college days so excuse me for taking up for him when people *sports writers from profootballtalk.com* write BS articles. Women know just as much as men when it comes to football and yea women do find Ben good looking/charming what not but that doesnt cloud our judgement or view of him. I know that he's not without fault but why put ALL the fault on him thats all I'm saying.

plenewken
12-31-2006, 11:21 AM
This season isn't all Ben's fault!! Half the interceptions weren't his fault-the recievers didn't catch the ball and tipped it into the opposing team's hand!

Did I say it's ALL Ben's fault?? Certainly not.
I have this year's Steelers games on tape and what you say about his INT's isn't true. What you describe happened only twice or 9% of the total number.

t-sizzlez
12-31-2006, 11:53 AM
yea

blackvelvet
12-31-2006, 12:22 PM
I'll be honest here, (please don't shoot) I wasn't expecting another Super Bowl this year. It would have been great, but that's reality. As for Ben, heck, I'm just glad he's still in one piece after all that he's been through. How many people can come back after an accident that nearly took his life (and recovered to semi normal in the time he did), had an emergency apedectomy (having something similar last year, i know it takes two weeks for normal people to recover, and a heck of a long time to get back to normal if you're an athlete- but then again, I was a fifteen year old freshman in high school, not a pro football player), not to mention his knee problems?

Besides, do you think he wants this? A bad career? A bad team? Do you think he wants the Steelers to go down the drain? I don't think that for one minute. I think he wants what's best for the team, even if he had to sit sit out for awhile, and let Batch play while he got stronger (I do remember reading that in the Post Gazette. That was a direct quote.) Plus, it's not just him. Our special teams really needed work this year. Defense, this could just be me, but they aren't as powerful as last year. It's not only Ben that needs to work here. It's the entire team.

Last, don't give up on him! Alright, maybe for this year, since we absolutley have no chance of making the playoffs. But don't give up on Ben for the rest of his football career. It's only his third year *see first part of rant, so i don't have type the whole thing again*. I remember last week, watching FOX, Terry Bradshaw said it took him five years to get it right (although they were discussing Eli Manning, not Ben).

So wrapping up this major rantage, no I don't think Ben is a slacker. I think he had a real unlucky off season, didn't fully recover, we shouldn't give up hope on him entirely, and this season is not his ENTIRE fault.

*this major rantage has been brought to you by blackvelvet*

Big D
12-31-2006, 12:28 PM
You and I *iloveben7* are looked at as simply "Ben Fans" and not true Steeler fans and that could NOT be farther from the truth. I've been a Steelers fan since I was about 6 or 7 and I'm 20 now. My all time favorite Steeler is Terry Bradshaw and I find it very disrepectful that my opnions arent respected and I dont think I should be jumped at for taking up for Ben. I've followed Ben from his college days so excuse me for taking up for him when people *sports writers from profootballtalk.com* write BS articles. Women know just as much as men when it comes to football and yea women do find Ben good looking/charming what not but that doesnt cloud our judgement or view of him. I know that he's not without fault but why put ALL the fault on him thats all I'm saying.

I'm sorry if anyone here showed you disrespect. I dont think there should be any prejudice against any of the women in here. I for one have enjoyed conversations with many of the women posters in this forum. Stillers4me,htg,floodcity and herewego just to name a few. Once again i'm sorry if you feel that you were discriminated against

83-Steelers-43
12-31-2006, 12:49 PM
I'm still trying to figure out who wrote Ben off on this site? I haven't seen it. The guy had a horrible year. He has taken heat. Welcome to the NFL Ben. It's no different in any other city. If somebody has a problem coming to that conclusion it's obvious that you either A) Have not watched football very long or B) Are a true Ben homer and it's getting obnoxious. I don't recall anybody stating that "it's all Ben's fault" that this team has completely stunk this season. I recall people stating that Ben is a "big reason" why this team has failed this season. There is a difference. Figure it out.

I also don't recall any type of "prejudice" on this board towards anybody. Personally, I don't care if your male or female. I take somebody's opinion for what it's worth, not what particular sex that individual happens to be.

iloveben7
12-31-2006, 06:49 PM
Yeah I couldn't agree with you more!! I've only been a Steelers fan for 3 years now and I started because I watched Ben in college!! He's an amazing QB and an even more amazing person!!