PDA

View Full Version : MISERY LOVES COMPANY

plenewken
12-31-2006, 04:29 PM
You got that right Cowher! Both teams were absolutely miserable today. I can't believe I was looking at the defending SuperBowl champions against a so-called playoff contender. Geez, that was painful to watch. Glad the season is over.

Stlrs4Life
12-31-2006, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the misery Bengal fans.

NV STEELERS 723
12-31-2006, 05:13 PM
So our season came down to this...beating the Bungals???? Well, it still was exciting ...And I'm pretty happy right now....I won the bet w/ my buddy and don't have to wear his "WHO DEY" shirt!!!!! But he has to wear my STEELERS AFC CHAMPS shirt into work for all to see!!!!!:sign09: :sign09: :sign09: :afc: :afc: :afc: :afc:

PalmerSteel
12-31-2006, 06:21 PM
what a way to end the season. one of ohio's favorites in college, holmes, beats the bungals in OT. i have never felt better after an 8-8 season (or worse) than i do now. as horrific as we started we won 6 of the last 8 games. is it next season yet?!

polamalufan43
12-31-2006, 07:27 PM
Well congrats to Holems on the OT TD. The only thing I have to say to that is Welcome to the NFL.

The only regret I have is that we don't have any better company than the Bungals.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

tony hipchest
12-31-2006, 07:48 PM
beating the bungles and keeping company with them is like sleeping with a STD infested prostitute without a rubber.

sucks....but it still feels good!

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Bill made a good comparison. Now we have more company.

HometownGal
12-31-2006, 08:04 PM
I dunno - feels darned good to me! No - we didn't make the playoffs, but pulling the rug out from under the Bungles is the next best thing. :tt02:

Atlanta Dan
12-31-2006, 08:05 PM
It just got more miserable in Cincinnati after Denver choked up a 26-23 home loss to the 49ers - now the Bengals cannot even think losing to the Steelers made no difference.

Have a nice offseason Marvin. Carson and Ocho Cinco!

tony hipchest
12-31-2006, 08:07 PM
It just got more miserable in Cincinnati after Denver choked up a 26-23 home loss to the 49ers - now the Bengals cannot even think losing to the Steelers made no difference.

Have a nice offseason Marvin. Carson and Ocho Cinco!lol suckers! too bad their heads were hanging as soon as the jets went up 7-0 to the raiders

Indy_Steelers
12-31-2006, 08:21 PM

Have a nice offseason Marvin. Carson and Ocho Cinco!

I am going to quote this too and remember it for the rest of the off season.

alittlejazzbird
12-31-2006, 09:23 PM
You got that right Cowher! Both teams were absolutely miserable today. I can't believe I was looking at the defending SuperBowl champions against a so-called playoff contender. Geez, that was painful to watch. Glad the season is over.

I'm guessing the entire Steeler Nation shares your relief that the season is over. We've experienced so much shock, sadness and disappointment, and there is now plenty of time in the offseason to dissect everyone and everything and try to figure out what the heck happened.

But you know what? I'm happy that the last image I have of the Steelers, to take with me into the offseason for the long wait until training camp opens, is the look of absolute, unbridled joy on Ben Roethlisberger's face when he realized Santonio had scored. (I'm in New Jersey and we only saw about the last 20 minutes of the game, after the Jets game ended, so I didn't get to see any post game interviews or anything.) Something in that moment gave me real hope for the future, and for Ben, who is the future of the Steelers.

I'm already looking forward to Latrobe in 07!!!