PDA

View Full Version : WHAT HAPPENED IN OT?!

Steelers
12-31-2006, 04:29 PM
Damn CBS switched to the ****ing Ravens game right after the coin toss. I know Ben TD to Santonio because I read it on NFL.com, but can someone pleeeeease describe it to me in as much detail as possible. Ben's/Cowher's emotions, etc.

I was soooo pissed, but now I can't stop smiling. :tt02:

clevestinks
12-31-2006, 04:33 PM
Santonio Holmes, 67 Yd pass from Ben Roethlisberger , 13:27. Drive: 3 plays, 78 yards in 1:33

Stlrs4Life
12-31-2006, 04:36 PM
What more do ya need to know! Cowher was excioted just like the rest of the team.

t-sizzlez
12-31-2006, 04:39 PM
i know how that feels so ill give you a full explanation....it was a quick slant to the left side of the field from Ben to Holmes.... Holmes caught it ran forward then a lil to the left and then ren straight to the hizzie...he dove in from about the 5 and they gloriously panned over to carsons pouting face

Steelers
12-31-2006, 04:39 PM
What more do ya need to know! Cowher was excioted just like the rest of the team.

Believe it or not, having the broadcast taken away from you doesn't really allow you to see everything. What were the 2 plays before the TD? What kind of play was it (shotgun, play action, etc.)?

Steelers
12-31-2006, 04:40 PM
i know how that feels so ill give you a full explanation....it was a quick slant to the left side of the field from Ben to Holmes.... Holmes caught it ran forward then a lil to the left and then ren straight to the hizzie...he dove in from about the 5 and they gloriously panned over to carsons pouting face

Thank you. That was exactly what I was looking for. :cheers:

t-sizzlez
12-31-2006, 04:41 PM
no problem and there was a willie run for like 5 be4 the td

tony hipchest
12-31-2006, 04:42 PM
i wanna know if it was cowhers supposed lack of "spit, fire, and emotion" that caused willie to fumble at the goal line and almost cause us yet ANOTHER game.

i say not.

83-Steelers-43
12-31-2006, 04:51 PM
WHAT HAPPENED IN OT?!

Ummmm...........we won? That's just an educated guess on my part.

NV STEELERS 723
12-31-2006, 04:59 PM
It was perfection... timing on our stud reciever, and Ben...that play don't happen unless they practice.... its not designed to go for 67 yards!!!!!

I flew off the couch!

Haiku_Dirtt
12-31-2006, 05:08 PM

He lunged at the pilon like a GOLDEN DAGGER sinking slowly into the Bengal playoff aspirations and into the Bengal pshche forever and ever.

The End.

Sweet dreams kids.

jbattenhouse
12-31-2006, 05:16 PM
He lunged at the pilon like a BLACK & GOLDEN DAGGER sinking slowly into the Bengal playoff aspirations and into the Bengal pshche forever and ever.

The End.

Sweet dreams kids.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Man, that was the best way to end a disappointing year. I wonder if Palmer goes home and pouts now!

NV STEELERS 723
12-31-2006, 05:18 PM
He'll come to Vegas and party at the Palms like he did with Ben last year...those QB's stick together!

Mosca
12-31-2006, 05:21 PM
WOW, I can't believe they switched! Here in NE PA they stayed with the Steelers. Sucks, man.

Tom

Steelers
12-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Sorry, I just couldn't resist. Man, that was the best way to end a disappointing year. I wonder if Palmer goes home and pouts now!

Haha. Remember his interview in SI this summer where he was literally obsessed with beating the Steelers? He ate, slept, and breathed revenge against Pittsburgh, just for Ben and Santonio to own him and his Bungles.

skidboot
12-31-2006, 05:24 PM
Palmer unable to do it AGAIN when it mattered most.

Who Dey!

klick81
12-31-2006, 06:13 PM
Am i the only one this happened to?:

As Holmes is running that baby home, i saw a flash of yellow coming from who i thought was a ref. While everyone else around me was jumping and hugging, i was sick to my stomach thinking they were gonna bring it back with a holding call or something (probably as a result of the disgustingly phantom penalty calling by the refs).

Turns out it wasn't a flag...i think it was a terrible towel! So did this happen to anyone else? As SWEET as it was, i didn't get to enjoy it to the fullest thinking that it was gonna get called back.

fansince'76
12-31-2006, 06:19 PM
I wish we were playing next week, but I'll settle for 8-8 (especially after the horrendous 2-6 start) and punking those clowns on their home field for the 3rd time in the last 2 seasons.

WWIIOwheelz
12-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Here's a bit more:

It was exactly as someone else described, a quick slant, but his move back to the outside & following burst of speed was very, very impressive. The safety was matching his speed, and it was pretty obvious he was going to knock him out of bounds at about the 3 yard line, so Santonio went airborne at about the 5 & cradled the pylon with the football for the score.

After the TD, Ben went nuts, jumping into Faneca's arms with a huge smile on his face. In the endzone, Santonio & many of the Steelers blatently taunted the fans with chants of "Who dey? WE dey!!" LOL... they didn't say anything about it on the telecast, but that's what they were doing. Also, Santonio, having gone to OSU, took off his helmet & made a motion with his arms like a big "O" and did something else, probably an OSU crowd thing. You could tell it was a huge moment for him.

PalmerSteel
12-31-2006, 06:26 PM

As Holmes is running that baby home, i saw a flash of yellow coming from who i thought was a ref. While everyone else around me was jumping and hugging, i was sick to my stomach thinking they were gonna bring it back with a holding call or something (probably as a result of the disgustingly phantom penalty calling by the refs).

Turns out it wasn't a flag...i think it was a terrible towel! So did this happen to anyone else? As SWEET as it was, i didn't get to enjoy it to the fullest thinking that it was gonna get called back.

i seen that also! i was also waiting for the flag to flash up on the screen. must of been a terribled towel :tt02:

Mosca
12-31-2006, 06:38 PM
I saw that too, I was thinking F! Who was THAT on?

Tom

Tankus_Maximus
12-31-2006, 06:38 PM
It was great that BEN beat them in OT.

Indy_Steelers
12-31-2006, 08:31 PM

me too

deep
12-31-2006, 08:40 PM
everyone is leaving out the part that they all huddled around holmes in the end zone doing the who dey we dey chant.

stillers4me
12-31-2006, 08:59 PM
What happened in OT? We shoved in the knife.......and TWISTED it!!!!!!!!! Santonio.....you da man, baby!!!!!!!!

SwedishSteeler
12-31-2006, 09:11 PM
THERE WAS SO MUCH GOING ON TODAY!! I FORGOT ABOUT FOOTBALL ...let alone the steelers.

So I go over to a non-steelers fan guys house (my friends dad) and we're sitting there watching some unimportant game...he says "steelers beat cincinatti"...holy shiat i went nuts. I was like ITS NOT SUNDAY TODAY, IS IT!?!? then i remember...it's SUNDAY and NEW YEARS EVE....

OH MY GOD...This is ALMOST as good as going to the playoffs. Do you realize what THIS game proves? Carsons torn ACL or whatever the hell he had really didnt matter when we raped them before.

MJ5150
01-01-2007, 01:14 AM
I have not seen the highlights from the game yet.......but

I FLIPPIN' LOVE IT!!!!!!

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

This will make the next nine months much more bearable! THANK YOU Ben and Santonio.

-Mike

Steelers
01-01-2007, 02:49 AM
Oh man. I saw it on Football America on NBC tonight and damn that was sweet. Just when I was certain that the players and fans would be in for a completely depressing offseason, this happens and I'll be smiling all summer because of it.

Way to go guys! Sending Cowher off right. :helmet:

Borski
01-01-2007, 03:07 AM

It was a flag, but I belive it would have been called on the defense and because we had the TD there would be no reason to call it back