PDA

View Full Version : Pats Harrison injured again

clevestinks
12-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Pats' Harrison hurts right leg

NFL.com wire reports

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Dec. 31, 2006) -- New England safety Rodney Harrison hurt his right leg when blocked in the second quarter against the Tennessee Titans.

Harrison went to the ground and slapped the turf after being blocked by Titans receiver Bobby Wade, whose helmet appeared to hit Harrison's right knee.

He walked off the field on his own.

Harrison started the first eight games this season, then broke his right shoulder blade in a 27-20 loss to Indianapolis when wide receiver Marvin Harrison fell on his arm.

The Titans game was Harrison's second back after the shoulder injury.

His left knee sidelined him most of last season after he tore three ligaments in his left knee at Pittsburgh in the third game.

This guy is one of the best when healthy, but damn can he stay healthy?

tony hipchest
12-31-2006, 05:10 PM
and of course the commentators went into a piss poor whine about why the titan wasnt penalized.

IT WAS A LEGAL BLOCK!

if harrison wasnt headhunting on every play im sure he would be more capable of taking care of body.

hardwork
12-31-2006, 08:13 PM
Harrison doesn't head hunt, he goes for the lower bones.

Get well fast Rodney, we're gonna need ya Buddy.

Livinginthe past
01-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Fingers crossed he'll be back for the Jets.

It was a 'legal' block in the same way that Denvers line blocking is legal - you can bet Belichick wont be whining to the media about it either.

NM

Hines0wnz
01-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Couldnt have happened to a dirtier player. :cheer:

I'm sorry he got injured but.....karma is a MFer.

Livinginthe past
01-01-2007, 07:51 PM

I'm sorry he got injured but.....karma is a MFer.

Who offended the 'karma gods' so bad that they would plant Big Bens face into oncoming traffic, I wonder?

Oh, and the words 'im sorry' dont really mean so much when the line before contains a cheerleader emoticon.

NM

Hines0wnz
01-01-2007, 10:00 PM
Who offended the 'karma gods' so bad that they would plant Big Bens face into oncoming traffic, I wonder?

Last time I checked you cannot drive motorcycles or cars in NFL stadiums. Harrison plays in a reckless fashion that is catching up to him late in his career. John Lynch and Ronnie Lott are/were two of the hardest hitting safeties ever but they arent known for dirty play. He should try to wrap more instead of going for "jacked up" highlights on ESPN. As it turns out, he has been the one jacked up over the last few seasons.

Livinginthe past
01-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Last time I checked you cannot drive motorcycles or cars in NFL stadiums. Harrison plays in a reckless fashion that is catching up to him late in his career. John Lynch and Ronnie Lott are/were two of the hardest hitting safeties ever but they arent known for dirty play. He should try to wrap more instead of going for "jacked up" highlights on ESPN. As it turns out, he has been the one jacked up over the last few seasons.

So Karma only operates in football stadiums?...oooookay.

You honestly think John Lynch doesnt have a reputation for being a dirty hitter?

Where have you been?

Harrison is one of the greatest safeties to ever play the game, its weird to hear a Steelers fan complain about big hits and jacking opposition players up...thats what the 'Curtain' was about, wasn't it?

Aggressive, intimidating, and a skilful leader.

NM

hardwork
01-01-2007, 11:28 PM

How pathetic.

fansince'76
01-01-2007, 11:47 PM

Celebrating an injury of any player = not cool. :thmbdown:

Livinginthe past
01-02-2007, 09:08 AM

Well said, 76 :cheers:

NM

HometownGal
01-02-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Pats fans. I chose Rodney for several of my FF teams this season and couldn't play him much because of his injuries. I don't advocate the injury of any athlete, no matter what team he is a member of. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery - the guy is one helluva good safety and his play and on-the-field presence is going to be missed by the Pats in the playoffs.

Livinginthe past
01-02-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Pats fans. I chose Rodney for several of my FF teams this season and couldn't play him much because of his injuries. I don't advocate the injury of any athlete, no matter what team he is a member of. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery - the guy is one helluva good safety and his play and on-the-field presence is going to be missed by the Pats in the playoffs.

Thanks Marianne!

Even if we had a guy near his level of football talent to step in (we dont) we would still miss his defensive quarterbacking ability.

For the record Harrison has the most sacks (27.5) out of any DB to ever play the game and is the only NFL player to get 25 sacks and 30 interceptions.

He'll be missed - get well soon Rodney.

NM

Hines0wnz
01-02-2007, 01:50 PM

It was meant in jest but if it ruffles a few feathers then I think some people need to get a dose of reality.

MACH1
01-02-2007, 02:03 PM
ATTENTION Pats fans this is a Steelers board!!!
If your here looking for any sympathy for your team then your looking in the wrong place.

Hines0wnz
01-02-2007, 02:11 PM
So Karma only operates in football stadiums?...oooookay.

You honestly think John Lynch doesnt have a reputation for being a dirty hitter?

Where have you been?

Harrison is one of the greatest safeties to ever play the game, its weird to hear a Steelers fan complain about big hits and jacking opposition players up...thats what the 'Curtain' was about, wasn't it?

Aggressive, intimidating, and a skilful leader.

NM

You brought up off-the-field incidents. I was just trying to tie it together. :wink02:

John Lynch has a reputation for being a big hitter not a dirty one like Harrison. I've seen enough Pats games, with Harrison playing, and he gives a little extra after most of his tackles or hits. Maybe you dont see it or pretend its part of the game but the majority of players dont do that. And if the guy is voted the dirtiest player every year then there must be some reason, right? He is a great player but the little things he does is unnecessary and that is why I say karma is catching up to him.

You know what's weird too? Trying to have a MB convo with someone who changes the subject with every post.

Hines0wnz
01-02-2007, 02:13 PM
ATTENTION Pats fans this is a Steelers board!!!
If your here looking for any sympathy for your team then your looking in the wrong place.

Bingo! :thumbsup:

Livinginthe past
01-03-2007, 02:05 AM
You brought up off-the-field incidents. I was just trying to tie it together. :wink02:

John Lynch has a reputation for being a big hitter not a dirty one like Harrison. I've seen enough Pats games, with Harrison playing, and he gives a little extra after most of his tackles or hits. Maybe you dont see it or pretend its part of the game but the majority of players dont do that. And if the guy is voted the dirtiest player every year then there must be some reason, right? He is a great player but the little things he does is unnecessary and that is why I say karma is catching up to him.

You know what's weird too? Trying to have a MB convo with someone who changes the subject with every post.

I dont know what you're talking about...changing the what?

I stick by my point - Maroney and Dillon represent the best RB duo in this years playoffs.

NM

tony hipchest
01-03-2007, 09:56 AM
I stick by my point - Maroney and Dillon represent the best RB duo in this years playoffs.

NM:chuckle: i hope thats a joke.

Livinginthe past
01-03-2007, 10:01 AM
:chuckle: i hope thats a joke.

Maybe.

Maybe not. :wink02:

NM

tony hipchest
01-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Maybe.

Maybe not. :wink02:

NMwell, just in case its not, i may even spot you kevin faulk and STILL take tomlinson/turner, mccallister/bush over the pats duo.

in other news, it looks like harrisons sprained mcl will keep him out sunday and possibly the whole post season

Livinginthe past
01-03-2007, 10:48 AM
well, just in case its not, i may even spot you kevin faulk and STILL take tomlinson/turner, mccallister/bush over the pats duo.

in other news, it looks like harrisons sprained mcl will keep him out sunday and possibly the whole post season

I wouldnt be at all surprised to see Harrison sit this one out.

Im not taking the Jets lightly, we could do with every available body out there - hopefully James Sanders can step his game up.

I dont suppose there is any percentage in putting the guy on IR if his season were to be over, so its a case of waiting and hoping for him to be active before each game.

NM

tony hipchest
01-03-2007, 11:23 AM
I wouldnt be at all surprised to see Harrison sit this one out.

Im not taking the Jets lightly, we could do with every available body out there - hopefully James Sanders can step his game up.

I dont suppose there is any percentage in putting the guy on IR if his season were to be over, so its a case of waiting and hoping for him to be active before each game.

NMpolamalu just missed 3 games with the same deal and then was promptly burnt for 2 td's upon his return. that same timetable would have rodney back for the SB. in that situation, id be most concerned with the saints or eagles air attack.

Livinginthe past
01-03-2007, 11:31 AM
polamalu just missed 3 games with the same deal and then was promptly burnt for 2 td's upon his return. that same timetable would have rodney back for the SB. in that situation, id be most concerned with the saints or eagles air attack.

I think Belichick is less likely to rush a Rodney Harrison back who wouldnt be a positive to the team - his back-up James Sanders has seen plenty of action and has improved a great deal ( he started terribly and now looks competent).

For some reason Cowher went beyond the logical in trying to get Polamalu and Ben back on the field asap this year, I dont think Rodney would be risked against the teams you mentioned in a SB.

NM

fansince'76
01-03-2007, 12:03 PM
It was meant in jest but if it ruffles a few feathers then I think some people need to get a dose of reality.

I apologize if you meant it that way - the cheerleader emoticon kind of led me to believe you were glad Harrison got hurt. And it doesn't change the fact that there are fans in every team's fanbase that DO celebrate injuries to other teams' players.

Hines0wnz
01-03-2007, 06:29 PM
I dont know what you're talking about...changing the what?

NM

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Indeed.