PDA

View Full Version : 2006 - What A Ride

Atlanta Dan
12-31-2006, 06:19 PM
Well 2006 started with a win over the Lions and ended with a win over the Bengals. Too bad nothing much happened in between those 2 games, eh? :smile:

To quote the great Charles Dickens who, in another context, said it far more artfully than I ever could:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us

I am obviously disappointed this season has ended far too soon, but I find it difficult to believe I will ever experience a more eventful 12 months of Steelers football than what we have all witnessed over the last year and thank all of you for your insightful and entertaining posts.

Happy New Year to one and all

Atlanta Dan

melroseplace
12-31-2006, 06:30 PM
yes it is hard to believe the season is over already...I feel like it was just yesterday that we were all on here speculating about what the season would bring and how the rookies were doing at camp. I've had many great memories through this season...

is it time for camp yet? :tt:

happy new year

PisnNapalm
12-31-2006, 06:32 PM
Lions? T'was the Dolphins. I'm not that senile yet. :eyecrazy: But yes...It was a crazy year.

Atlanta Dan
12-31-2006, 06:37 PM
Lions? T'was the Dolphins. I'm not that senile yet. :eyecrazy: But yes...It was a crazy year.

Sorry I didn't clarify - my best of times/worst of times encompasses all of 2006, with the period since February 2006 being pretty much worst of times.

PisnNapalm
12-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Ahh... oops... my bad.

*chugs some more beer*

polamalufan43
12-31-2006, 07:29 PM
yes it is hard to believe the season is over already...I feel like it was just yesterday that we were all on here speculating about what the season would bring and how the rookies were doing at camp. I've had many great memories through this season...

is it time for camp yet? :tt:

happy new year

I'm getting ready for it. :cheers: :tt02:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

SteelersMongol
12-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Well 2006 started with a win over the Lions and ended with a win over the Bengals. Too bad nothing much happened in between those 2 games, eh? :smile:

To quote the great Charles Dickens who, in another context, said it far more artfully than I ever could:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us

I am obviously disappointed this season has ended far too soon, but I find it difficult to believe I will ever experience a more eventful 12 months of Steelers football than what we have all witnessed over the last year and thank all of you for your insightful and entertaining posts.

Happy New Year to one and all

Atlanta Dan

Nicely put. :bouncy: No matter how low we go we'll always come out on top of the poor Clowns and Bungholes! :tt02:

NV STEELERS 723
12-31-2006, 07:35 PM
Atl Dan....Have a safe one good buddy...I look forward to the draft and your opinion...

Go STEELERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2006, 07:59 PM
2007. Pittsburgh Steelers Football Rises Again.

Pittsburgh Steelers Football Tour Of Revenge Begins September 2007.

HometownGal
12-31-2006, 08:07 PM
2007. Pittsburgh Steelers Football Rises Again.

Pittsburgh Steelers Football Tour Of Revenge Begins September 2007.

Amen to that SCM! :tt02: :tt02:

Great post, Dan. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Amen to that SCM! :tt02: :tt02:

Great post, Dan. :thumbsup:

We got 1 believer

Come on out their Steeler Nation. WHO BELIEVES IN THE RESURECTION IN 2007??!?!?!

WWIIOwheelz
12-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Hindsight is 20/20, but I really believed going into this season.

I hate motorcycles more than I ever thought I could, put it that way. :(

They'll be back in 2007.

tony hipchest
12-31-2006, 08:43 PM
thanks atlanta dan. happy new year to you too.

it was a horrible season but 1 game away from our 2nd miracle run in as many seasons.

:cheers: for '07 and an excellent year above and beyond the games we watch and the teams we root for.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-31-2006, 08:54 PM
The Steelers have to much talent not to be back with or without Cowher.

tony hipchest
12-31-2006, 09:02 PM
The Steelers have to much talent not to be back with or without Cowher.
aint that the truth. and any team looking for a HC would fight to be 1st in line if cowher were available. whiz and/or grimm would be 2nd on their list. the steelers will prevail though, regardless cause like you said, they have the talent. not to win it all on their own maybe, but enough to win with the proper coaching and motivation. (just see last year)

iloveben7
12-31-2006, 09:50 PM
It seems like just yesterday, I was in the streets of Pittsburgh with thousands of other people congratulating the Steelers on their amazing Superbowl win!! It also seems like just yesterday, I was at training camp, but we've got an amazing season in store for 2007!!

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2006, 09:58 PM
Come on now, more of you believers come out from hiding. I know you have it in you. With the game we played today. WE STILL CAN DO IT.

iloveben7
01-01-2007, 01:57 PM
WE ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL NEXT YEAR!!

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Amen to that.

melroseplace
01-01-2007, 03:23 PM
I have a good feeling about next year...I think we needed this year to bring us back down to earth but we're gonna tear it up in '07 :tt02:

SteelShooter
01-01-2007, 07:41 PM
[QUOTE=SteelCityMan786;198566]We got 1 believer

Come on out their Steeler Nation. WHO BELIEVES IN THE RESURECTION IN 2007??!?!?![/QUO

Resurrection, yes...................and we shall mount the heavens (again), as does the Phoenix rising from the ashes.

stillers4me
01-01-2007, 07:49 PM
I believe!!! Have no doubt..........the Steelers will be back with vengance!!

Ben looked good yesterday......comfortable, confident, clear headed.......he and the receivers on the same page. I got a gut feeling about next year........is it September yet???

Classy post, Atlanta Dan.....Happy New Year to you and yours........and to all the Steeler Nation......we'll be back!!