PDA

View Full Version : Would Have Been Playoff Bound??

SmashMouthSteelerFan
12-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but with Denver just losing to SF and all the other match-ups, If we would have beat the Ratbirds we would have been in the playoffs??!!!

:dang: :dang: :dang: :dang: :banging: :banging: :banging: :banging:

SwedishSteeler
12-31-2006, 09:19 PM
you're not wrong.

OneForTheToe
12-31-2006, 09:25 PM
And, I think we would have went to Indy for the first game. Willie Parker vs the Indy D. :dang:

Woulda ..... choulda .... shoulda ......

Hamer
12-31-2006, 10:53 PM
wow, guys...
man that one hurts- that was our chance- losing twice to the friggin ravens honestly hurts more than losing to the pathetic raiders, to me. even though any one of those losses cost us ur chance, when we lost last week- we were playing at our our best - we were on a roll -that was THE GAME that would have defined us. oh well. damn...

tony hipchest
12-31-2006, 10:58 PM
the way we played all year it seems the ratbirds woulda smacked us in the playoffs as well. unless youre still waiting/praying for that "inevitable" s. mcnair injury.

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2006, 10:59 PM
Can't reflect. Let's look ahead to the bright future that is 2007.

tony hipchest
12-31-2006, 11:01 PM
Can't reflect. Let's look ahead to the bright future that is 2007.thats too far from now. personally, id rather reflect.

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2006, 11:06 PM
We can do a little of both.

Justin Otstott
12-31-2006, 11:09 PM
lets do both...but damn this hurts like hell!

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2006, 11:09 PM
lets do both...but damn this hurts like hell!

Gotta take the good with the bad sometimes.

Justin Otstott
12-31-2006, 11:20 PM
yup...ill get over it...the bad thing is I have to wait for next season, but the good thing is there is Steelers Fever!!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-31-2006, 11:25 PM
funny thing is last year the chiefs didn't get in because of us and this year we didn't get in because of us..... sucks. :dang:

WWIIOwheelz
12-31-2006, 11:33 PM
I was at the Ravens game on X-mas Eve. That's a big, physical, mean team, and McNair's a great QB. I'm thinking that's the XLI champ, honestly.

MJ5150
01-01-2007, 01:03 AM
What a bummer!

Oh well, I will put on my Chukky Okobi jersey and go out and about town tomorrow to see what is open.

-Mike

stlrtruck
01-02-2007, 02:55 PM
First, I hope the ratbirds don't win the Super Bowl. I don't buy into the hype that you cheer for your division to move on...WHATEVER! I want them embarrassed and then eliminated...quickly!

Second, I never thought that this team wouldn't be in the playoffs this year. It was a nightmare of a season, specifically in the first half. But I'm glad they ended on a positive note, dragging the "We're better than them - Carson Palmer led Bungles" out of the playoffs with us!

Finally, this team still has the nucleus to return to the Super Bowl and bring another Lombardi home to Da 'Burgh! Move on, move forward, reflect only long enough to remember the pain and agony of being home in January and February - long enough to enter training camp PISSED OFF! Then forget - FORGET IT ALL. They should have forgotten it in February, they could have forgotten it 2 weeks ago. But, I digress, FORGET THIS SEASON and go in to next season knocking the crap out of people and regaining what is ours...THE AFC North Crown and another Lombardi!

lotas
01-03-2007, 12:55 AM
I hate the ratbirds as much as you, but are you kidding me? I will cheer them on, who better than the victors of our season defining, playoff hope saving game (who handed us our asses) to go on and prove they are the real deal? That just justifies our loss more :) Shows we didn't choke under pressure, or it wasnt that we didn't come together, they were just a hell of a football team and we're able to easily out-play us.

Honestly that seems better to me than to be bitter over the loss as if to give them no credit as a football team. I wouldn't mind seeing them win the superbowl. That's not to say I'd rather see them win it over San Diego or a solid NFC team, but I'd enjoy their victory over NE winning it ANYDAY!

tony hipchest
01-03-2007, 01:00 AM
I hate the ratbirds as much as you, but are you kidding me? I will cheer them on, who better than the victors of our season defining, playoff hope saving game (who handed us our asses) to go on and prove they are the real deal? That just justifies our loss more :) Shows we didn't choke under pressure, or it wasnt that we didn't come together, they were just a hell of a football team and we're able to easily out-play us.

Honestly that seems better to me than to be bitter over the loss as if to give them no credit as a football team. I wouldn't mind seeing them win the superbowl. That's not to say I'd rather see them win it over San Diego or a solid NFC team, but I'd enjoy their victory over NE winning it ANYDAY!im not sure if we wouldve made the playoffs and met up with the ravens if we wouldve tried anything different to try and win. IF we did try anything different i cant say for sure it wouldve worked.