PDA

View Full Version : Who is vulnerable this year? (Free Agents)

deep
12-31-2006, 08:25 PM
Who becomes restricted and unrestricted free agents this year? :tt02:

iloveben7
12-31-2006, 08:40 PM
I think Joey Porter

clevestinks
12-31-2006, 08:46 PM
I think Joey will be a pain, and holdout anyway, especially if Cowher is gone. I think Gardocki is a fa, and I know that he isnt worth keepoing

MACH1
12-31-2006, 09:05 PM
I think Troy is??

OneForTheToe
12-31-2006, 09:18 PM
I think Troy and Joey both have one more season under contract. I don't think there are any staters who are UFA next year. Maybe Max Starks?

NV STEELERS 723
12-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Troy will sign a contract w/ the STEELERS............Troy retires a STEELER in the Hall of Fame..

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2006, 09:43 PM
The Steelers 2007 Free Agents.

Najeh Davenport(UFA) RB - I think we should resign him
Max Starks(RFA) OL- If he can improve, then I'd say sign him
Chad Brown(UFA) LB- Retiring in my opinion
Tyrone Carter(UFA) FS-I'd say if we want a quality back up for Troy, SIGN HIM.

These are the only 4 I found.

Newzfoxjr
12-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Troy's contract doesn't expire until after next season.

We should resign Najeh Davenport.

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2006, 09:46 PM
The Big one of the 4 FA's I would like back is Najeh. He fits in well. I've found mock drafts that have Paul Posluszny a Steelers Bound Football Player.

IamTheSteelGod
01-01-2007, 06:33 AM
Clark Haggans is to aint he?

Elvis
01-01-2007, 08:50 AM
:tt02:
These players that I have listed here are found at footballsfuture.com
go and check the list of free agents that they have listed there..
OT Max Starks and S Tyrone Carter are the 2 major players that we have there that are either Unrestricted or Restricted Free Agenst.. One player that I saw there that reall caught my attention is OT Leonard Davis from Arizona..

SteelersHoss
01-01-2007, 09:25 AM
All i know is that they better get James Harrison in there. Love that Kid.

t-sizzlez
01-01-2007, 09:46 AM
james does deserve to play...he is our next big linebacker!

MJ5150
01-01-2007, 09:36 PM
2006 FREE AGENTS
Keisel
Batch
Townsend
Brooks, Barrett
Haynes, Verron
Kriewaldt
Tuman

I'll let the rest of youn'z decide who is "important".

-Mike

OneForTheToe
01-02-2007, 01:01 AM
2006 FREE AGENTS
Keisel
Batch
Townsend
Brooks, Barrett
Haynes, Verron
Kriewaldt
Tuman

-Mike

Keisel, Haynes, Tuman and Batch all resigned multi year contracts at the beginning of this season.

Petesburgh66
01-02-2007, 01:10 AM
2006 FREE AGENTS
Keisel
Batch
Townsend
Brooks, Barrett
Haynes, Verron
Kriewaldt
Tuman

-Mike

Those are last years FA.

Here is this years (source: http://www.theredzone.org/2007/freeagents/showteam.asp?Team=Steelers)

Bailey, Rodney UFA
Brooks, Barrett UFA
Brown, Chad UFA
Carter, Tyrone UFA
Davenport, Najeh UFA
Harrison, Arnold ERFA
Logan, Mike UFA
Morey, Sean UFA
Stanley, Ronald ERFA
Starks, Max RFA
Warren, Greg ERFA
Washington, Nate ERFA

RESTRICTED FREE AGENT (RFA): A player whose contract has expired and has fewer than four tenured years in the league. He may sign an "Offer Sheet" with any other team, but his original team has seven days to match any offer he receives. If the original team does not match the offer, compensation will be awarded in the form of draft picks from the signing team. The round and quantity of picks are determined by the "Qualifying Offer" made by the player's original team. If a RFA is tendered a minimum qualifying offer the compensation is the equivalent of the round in which that player was originally selected. If that player was originally a rookie free agent, no compensation is awarded.

UNRESTRICTED FREE AGENT (UFA): A player whose contract has expired and has four or more tenured years in the league. He may sign with any other team with no restrictions. If a team loses more UFAs than it signs, they will be awarded "Compensatory Draft Picks" from the league. The value of the pick is determined by the difference of the contracts signed by the players lost and those acquired. If a team has signed an equal number or more UFAs than it has lost, no "Compensatory Picks" will be awarded.

EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS FREE AGENT (ERFA): A player whose contract has expired and has three or fewer tenured years in the league. His original team must make a contract offer by the league imposed deadline or the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. No compensation is awarded for losing EFAs.

Elvis
01-02-2007, 06:46 AM
On that list of players I would have to say the 2 most important would have to be Tyrone Carter and Nate Washington..Harrison and Rodney Bailey would be nice to keep also but the first 2 are the most important. I never really liked Carter til this year when he has taken over for Polomalu, he could be starting in a lot of cities... and we have too much time invested in Washington to let him go as well...:wave:

SteelersFreak
01-02-2007, 07:13 AM
On that list above I'd say we need to bring back:

Tyrone Carter
Najeh Davenport
Arnold Harrison
Mike Logan
Sean Morey
Max Starks
Greg Warren(he's the long snapper, nice to have stability there)
Nate Washington

And get Chidi back!

Livinginthe past
01-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Has Rodney Bailey done anything this year?

I thought he would have been a nice pick up for the Patriots but things didnt really work out for him there.

NM

SteelPerch
01-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Ugh this thread was painful to read. Porter, Haggans, Polamalu, Faneca, Aaron Smith are all locked up until the end of NEXT season. This offseason the ones who will stay will be extended.

Max Starks is the only starter who is a FA, and he is RESTRICTED. Another team would have to give up a draft pick if we offer him a tender so Starks will be back another year.

Townsend and Haynes were extended last year.

This offseason extending Polamalu, Smith, and Faneca is key. A decision on Porter/Haggans also needs to be made. I think Polamalu, Smith, Faneca all get extensions and the Steelers draft new OLB's in this draft, and maybe extend Porter a few years...

Elvis
01-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Rodney played little and produced pretty much Nothing...:jawdrop: :wave:

MJ5150
01-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Sorry for the mistake on my list. I misunderstood what I was reading. When I saw 2006, I thought it meant at the END of 2006. My bad.

-Mike

Stillers#1
01-02-2007, 03:36 PM
I dont see too many of these gusy getting away. Maybe Bailey, Brown, and Gardocki.

Dook
01-02-2007, 07:47 PM
This is the best I could come up with but it's from an April 25, 2006 salary cap list. So if a player signed an extension after that date (all draft picks are not included in this) they would be on here even though they are signed. Only core players are on here, temporary signings like: Anthony Madison, Lee Mays, aren't.

Steeler's Free Agents

DE Rodney Bailey
S Tyrone Carter
RB Najeh Davenport
S Mike Logan
WR Sean Morey
OT Max Starks (RFA)

OT Trai Essex
OG Alan Faneca
LB Clark Haggans
DE Travis Kirschke
FB Dan Kreider
LB Joey Porter
OG Kendall Simmons
DE Aaron Smith
LB Rian Wallace
WR Nate Washington

QB Charlie Batch
LB James Farrior
P Chris Gardocki
LB James Harrison
C Jeff Hartings
DT Chris Hoke
RG Chris Kemoeatu
LB Clint Kreiwaldt
CB Bryant McFadden
S Troy Polomalu
LT Marvel Smith
WR Cedric Wilson

WWIIOwheelz
01-02-2007, 09:02 PM
I really don't think the Steelers will be able to keep Peezy. He'll be offered, in my estimation, about 2 million more per on the market than the Steelers will likely pay. I'd love for him to be able to stay, but my gut tells me it probably won't happen.

[EDIT] Well, actually, the way things work nowadays, he might be offered a fantastic signing bonus elsewhere that the Steelers won't/can't match. That's more likely.