PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha how funny

A.M.
12-31-2006, 11:48 PM
Holmes was the reason we lost our first game against the Bengals when he dropped the punt return. And this time he won it! HOLMES #2 RECEIVER NEXT YEAR!

clevestinks
01-01-2007, 12:37 AM
Nice, I forgot, all the losses, and fumbles on punt returns just became a blur!

tony hipchest
01-01-2007, 12:47 AM
i would say it was colclough, or haynes, or washington who cost the 1st game against the bungles but whatever. 4-5 turnovers in a single game and your bound to lose, regardless.

bozz723
01-01-2007, 05:45 AM
colcough droppedthe punt return

stillers4me
01-01-2007, 09:01 AM
I was so happy that Santonio made that touchdown!!!!!!!!!!

Totally redeemed in my mind................he never was intended to be a punt reciever and I doubt he'll make an apprearance there next year. However, after that punt he caught and ran downfield for the score, I may be anxious to let him try it again next year!!

Welcome to the Steelers, Santonio!!!

83-Steelers-43
01-01-2007, 09:50 AM
But the biggest turnover came when the Steelers' coaching staff inserted Ricardo Colclough to return a punt in the fourth quarter.

Colclough, a cornerback who has had trouble handling the football on returns in his three seasons as a pro, nevertheless replaced rookie Santonio Holmes in the fourth quarter. Leading 17-14, the Steelers' defense snuffed the Bengals on four plays and Colclough went back to field the punt. He promptly fumbled, the Bengals recovered at the 9 and Palmer came out firing on first down.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06268/724767-66.stm

t-sizzlez
01-01-2007, 12:06 PM
hes come far from that tho....he will be our next big play guy

A.M.
01-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Santonio will become one of the elite next year

I.C. Lights
01-04-2007, 02:04 AM
I hope you're right. He definitely has the potential. Let's hope for less dropped passes next season and more explosive plays like in the cincy game.

ChronoCross
01-04-2007, 07:21 AM
Like one person said over on cbs sports. The disappointment in wilson play will have him fighting for #3 to #4 spot on the team this next season while the play of holmes just keeps getting better as time goes on.

Infamix
01-04-2007, 09:27 AM
I hope you're right. He definitely has the potential. Let's hope for less dropped passes next season and more explosive plays like in the cincy game.

I believe Santonio has very few dropped passes...just the fumbles on the returns.

nicesteel4life
01-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Holmes will be #2 guy next season. It is going to be a big battle for #3 and #4 WR's, should be interesting. I believe Willie Reid will be punt returner next year. remember him all?

Stillers#1
01-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Santonio will become one of the elite next year

Thats the ballsiet statement I have heard all day.

I may agree with you though, if by "elite" you mean top 30.

SteelerFanInCA
01-04-2007, 01:20 PM
Yeah if he can stay focused he definitely has the skill set to be a great WR.

Haiku_Dirtt
01-04-2007, 03:21 PM
i would say it was colclough, or haynes, or washington who cost the 1st game against the bungles but whatever. 4-5 turnovers in a single game and your bound to lose, regardless.

We had first and goal at the six - ready to go up 14-0 - on the first play of the second quarter when Ben threw what I thought would be his worst pass of the year. I was wrong.

That play killed us. It wasn't third or fourth down. He didn't have to thread the needle in triple coverage on first down. Parker was running beautifully on that drive. They were on their heels. We score there and game over.

The other guys aren't supposed to be the leader on offense. But like you say...whatever.

The question is...is Ced Wilson #3 , #4 or gone. He's making close to $3 mil per season (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd give Nate another year at No. 3 considering he came to the team with basically zero experience. He makes peanuts compared to Wilson. It's not like he had the chance to burn All-American cornerback Leon Hall for 62-yarders in BCS games while at Tiffin. :smile:

ajs8207
01-04-2007, 03:34 PM
I like our wide reciever situation next year. With Ward, Holmes, and Washington and 1,2, and 3, and then lets hope the new coach actually uses Heath.

A.M.
01-05-2007, 04:42 PM
Thats the ballsiet statement I have heard all day.

I may agree with you though, if by "elite" you mean top 30.

Yeah I would agree with that. Surely I didn't mean top 10 lol.

Stlrs4Life
01-05-2007, 04:58 PM

Exactly. Ints at the 6yd line don't help either.

Texasfan
01-06-2007, 10:29 AM
I like our wide reciever situation next year. With Ward, Holmes, and Washington and 1,2, and 3, and then lets hope the new coach actually uses Heath.

Heath and Krieder.

Stillers#1
01-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Heath and Krieder.

Eh, I would agree with the Heath statement. Kreider is a blocking back. I would be happy seeing him get 16 catches a year, just to change the pace up.

james203
01-06-2007, 04:53 PM
had holmes not dropped the punt return ball in the first game against the bengals @ home the steelers would be playing right now in indianapolis.i may forgive but i wont forget.

brind666
01-11-2007, 03:09 AM
Holmes was the reason we lost our first game against the Bengals when he dropped the punt return. And this time he won it! HOLMES #2 RECEIVER NEXT YEAR!

yes Holmes as number 2 and lets bring back Morgan and kick Wilson out of here....!!!

NV STEELERS 723
01-14-2007, 10:03 AM
He still worries me on PR's....he just doesn't protect the ball.....he's got no prob catching it over the middle in traffic though:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-14-2007, 10:14 AM
had holmes not dropped the punt return ball in the first game against the bengals @ home the steelers would be playing right now in indianapolis.i may forgive but i wont forget.

common mistake...it was Colclough who missed the punt...and Haynes fumbled later...then Ben threw an interception...

4-18-CIN24 (8:16) K.Larson punts 58 yards to PIT 18, Center-B.St. Louis. R.Colclough MUFFS catch, RECOVERED by CIN-T.Stewart at PIT 9. T.Stewart to PIT 9 for no gain (C.Kriewaldt).

2-4-PIT26 (7:22) V.Haynes left end to PIT 30 for 4 yards (K.Kaesviharn). FUMBLES (K.Kaesviharn), RECOVERED by CIN-B.Simmons at PIT 30. B.Simmons to PIT 30 for no gain (H.Miller).

3-10-CIN16 (:22) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass deep middle intended for N.Washington INTERCEPTED by K.Kaesviharn at CIN -1. K.Kaesviharn to CIN 21 for 22 yards (

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 10:28 AM
I thought that was coclough also but wasnt sure. Nice pull obviously you have too much time lol.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-14-2007, 10:36 AM
I thought that was coclough also but wasnt sure. Nice pull obviously you have too much time lol.

LOL...its just the second thread that made the same mistake...Holmes fumbled in a different game....although at work..on a Sunday...I could probably categorize our screwups alphebetically by last name and by game.

steelerbackr4life
01-14-2007, 10:58 AM
LOL...its just the second thread that made the same mistake...Holmes fumbled in a different game....although at work..on a Sunday...I could probably categorize our screwups alphebetically by last name and by game.

Atleast I know Im not the only one having a productive day at work.:toofunny: