PDA

View Full Version : Falcons release Jim Mora

tony hipchest
01-01-2007, 01:12 PM
another one bites the dust. pack your bags kenny w. you have an interview to attend.

this is kinda funny. arizona and falcons are the 2 places i fell grimm and whiz would fit best. looks like these teams are wasting no time considering the steelers coaches dont have any playoff games to prepare for.

Big D
01-01-2007, 02:27 PM
another one bites the dust. pack your bags kenny w. you have an interview to attend.

this is kinda funny. arizona and falcons are the 2 places i fell grimm and whiz would fit best. looks like these teams are wasting no time considering the steelers coaches dont have any playoff games to prepare for.

This is all of the more reason Bill Cowher needs to hurry up and think of the steelers before himself. It would be extreamly unfortunante if grimm and whisenhunt were to end up in az or atl when the steelers wanted one of them.

Atlanta Dan
01-01-2007, 03:12 PM
I knew Mora would be fired but pulling the trigger on the day after the season on New Year's Day is pretty cold.

Whoever gets the Atlanta job will get the gift of top notch financial support and the poison of an owner who shows up on the sidelines every game and a QB who cannot be trusted.

I agree Whiz will be a prime candidate for the Falcons job and that time is a wasting for Cowher to say goodbye (assuming we are not in some sort of last minute contract negotiation, which is highly unlikely)

Hines0wnz
01-01-2007, 06:55 PM
This is the prime reason the Falcons underachieve. Why play well when there is a new coach every 3 years? No loyalty by the management, no passion to win.

SteelCzar76
01-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Whoever gets the Atlanta job will get the gift of top notch financial support and the poison of an owner who shows up on the sidelines every game and a QB who cannot be trusted.

Exactly.

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

fansince'76
01-02-2007, 12:46 AM

More like a QB who can't play the position....

Atlanta Dan
01-02-2007, 08:47 AM
More like a QB who can't play the position....

Lots of NFL QBs cannot play the position successfully, but few have stuck the knife in the back of two HCs; "coach killer" indeed. Vick had the opportunity to back Dan Reeves and back Mora, Jr. but declined to do so; Vick is all about Vick and has an owner that enables him - any new Atlanta HC needs to watch his back.