PDA

View Full Version : Wille Parkers 37 carries...

tony hipchest
01-01-2007, 02:04 PM
...gave him 337 for the year and left him 6 yds shy of the 1500 yd mark. so much for him wearing down late in the season or not being able to carry the load.

his fumbled td into the endzone wouldve given him 3 for the day and 14 on the year. in all he scored 16 times. add his reception yards and he averaged over 100 yds and a td per game.

he is not the best back in the league but he is damn good. with tikis retirement i place willie right behind LT, LJ, alexander, and possibly s. jackson, and f. gore going into next year (ok, i think m. jones drew and r. bush will be pretty good too). but why anybody would still be looking to replace a clear cut top 10 back beats me.

X-Terminator
01-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Because Steeler fans are obsessed with the "big, brusing back" and can't really accept a Willie Parker-type, even though he's proven he's able to carry the load. I would not be opposed to bringing in a Brandon Jacobs-type back as a compliment to Parker, but certainly not to replace him.

Wonder if Michael Turner is available? He would be the perfect guy, IMO, but I suspect that he'd want to go to a team where he could start.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-01-2007, 02:13 PM
...gave him 337 for the year and left him 6 yds shy of the 1500 yd mark. so much for him wearing down late in the season or not being able to carry the load.

his fumbled td into the endzone wouldve given him 3 for the day and 14 on the year. in all he scored 16 times. add his reception yards and he averaged over 100 yds and a td per game.

he is not the best back in the league but he is damn good. with tikis retirement i place willie right behind LT, LJ, alexander, and possibly s. jackson, and f. gore going into next year (ok, i think m. jones drew and r. bush will be pretty good too). but why anybody would still be looking to replace a clear cut top 10 back beats me.

Great Point Tony!!!...Even with the Bus here..It was obvious that Willie was the starter and a big back was just a compliment and roll player to him....And even without a legit Big Back this year...Willie has began to show the patiance to let his holes open,,and the strength to drive in during short yardage situations!!!

Stlrs4Life
01-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Tony I totally agree with you, but it still would be nice to have that big back to spell willie a few plays.