PDA

View Full Version : Bengals | Palmer would like to have input in offseason moves

Stlrs4Life
01-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Bengals | Palmer would like to have input in offseason moves
Mon, 1 Jan 2007 11:40:37 -0800

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer said following the team's Week 17 game that he would like to have some say in what the team will do this offseason. Palmer let it be known that he would like the team to retain TE Reggie Kelly and RB Kenny Watson for next season. Kelly and Watson are headed into free agency. "There are a number of things that need to happen here, and I'd like to stick around and make sure things happen," Palmer said. "There are guys that need to be here next season. Guys like Kenny Watson and Reggie Kelly need to be on this team next year. I feel like Kenny Watson is a guy that every time he touches the ball he gets a first down. Reggie Kelly is the best teammate I've ever had - the best I've ever had on a team, and I know he's that way for a number of guys on this team. So, I'm going to stick around."

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Oh please Palmer is trying to make himself more important than he is...If he wants that kind of "say" in personnel he ought to step down as the QB and apply for the GM position.

....he's a legend in his own mind.... :coffee:

fansince'76
01-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Oh please Palmer is trying to make himself more important than he is...If he wants that kind of "say" in personnel he ought to step down as the QB and apply for the GM position.

Took the words right out of my mouth. He strikes me as a rich spoiled brat more and more every day.

tony hipchest
01-01-2007, 11:04 PM

....he's a legend in his own mind.... :coffee:well said.

im sick of this lip service palmer and the bengals keep giving about getting and retaining good character guys. carson just dont get it and has no idea about the bengals way. they are gonna get rid of players like kelly and watson to give extension money to henry and thurman. thats just the way it is. carson better like it cause he is paid to like it.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth. He strikes me as a rich spoiled brat more and more every day.

you forgot one word a "whine" rich spoiled brat

floodcitygirl
01-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Just heard a brief clip with Palmer. He said Marvin really has a long off season in front of him, alot of work to do because we're not an ordinary team. We shouldn't have been 8 and 8. :toofunny:

fansince'76
01-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Just heard a brief clip with Palmer. He said Marvin really has a long off season in front of him, alot of work to do because we're not an ordinary team. We shouldn't have been 8 and 8. :toofunny:

Yeah, not like Palmer has to work on the nasty little habit of fumbling the ball when a defensive player so much as breathes on him or anything....

X-Terminator
01-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Carson, your team sucks.

Get over it.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-01-2007, 11:46 PM

ahhh carson you ARE an ordinary team and your ARE 8-8 and thanks to my beloved Stillers your NOT going to the playoffs!!! WOO HOO Merry Christmas little boy Carson :flap:

floodcitygirl
01-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Yeah, not like Palmer has to work on the nasty little habit of fumbling the ball when a defensive player so much as breathes on him or anything....He didn't REALLY fumble and that nasty hit he took was REALLY a dirty hit......he couldn't remember whether it was an Academy award that he was going for or a chance at the playoffs. So sad....it's a bite when that confusion sets in. :chuckle:

stlrtruck
01-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Come on boys and girls. Let Carson have a little fun with the media and the "adjustments" to "his" team.
Lord knows it can only get worse for them, if he's at the retention controls. He'd probably get rid of TJ, and C. Henry and keep the useless Ocho Cinco.

MACH1
01-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Got to think those guys might want to go to a real team that has a chance to do something in the post season too.

tony hipchest
01-02-2007, 01:36 PM
i dont know if anyone bothered reading the rest of his interview but this dude is confused and full of crap. hes never accounted for his own mistakes and ive never seen him stand up and show some character. piss poor leader if you ask me. http://news.steelers.com/article/73292/

CARSON PALMER

Quarterback

You have to be terribly disappointed…

"Yeah, it's another game that we shouldn't have lost. It was another team that we feel we are better than. And we just got beat and didn't play very good."

Marvin Lewis commented that one of the problems is selfishness. How big of a problem do you think that is?

"We have a lot of problems. Selfishness isn't the only reason why we are 8-8. There are a lot of reasons. Selfishness is one of them, but it's not the only reason."

Is this team tough-minded enough to finish close games?

"I don't think so. We are a very average football team. We were a very average football team — won some games, lost some games. We're just not a very good football team."

Last year you guys were a good football team…

"Yeah, We have — I hate using the word 'potential,' but — the potential to be a good team and be 10-6 right now. But we're not, and that's because we're not a very good football team. We've been a better team in the past. There are a number of (reasons). To say selfishness ... it's a lot more than that — a whole lot more than that. It's everybody, coaches to players. There's a number of things that need to change around here, and Marvin has his hands full this offseason. He has a long offseason ahead of him because we aren't a very good football team. We're a team that should be better than 8-8."

Is one of the problems the series of off-the-field incidents?

"Personally, I don't think so. It hurts when you lose key players to suspension. Losing a guy like Odell Thurman — one of our better players on defense— (and) not having Chris Henry the whole year, I think that's the main thing. I feel like the media makes a bigger deal about how it effects the team than in reality (it does). It really doesn't affect me much."

Was the problem with this team inconsistency?

"Very inconsistent. Like I said, there are a number of areas. It's not just selfishness, and it's not just inconsistency. It's a whole bunch of things. And a whole bunch of things need to change around here, or else we're going to be 8-8 again."

ok this is a good start. he pretty much admits what we all know- that the bungles suck. so why does he feel this is just another game that they "shouldve won"?
the off the field incidents arent a problem but the suspensions hurt? :huh:
heres where he starts to go off the deep end:Was it more so the intangible things that you are talking about, such as attitudes, as opposed to physical ability?

"I don't think much has to do with physical ability, because I feel that we're as physical as a lot of teams. We're as fast, as talented, as good of football players as a lot of teams, if not better. I don't want to say we're more talented than everybody else, because talent doesn't win football games. Good teams win football games. That's something that Marvin said after the game. But personnel-wise, we have guys that are capable of winning games and being a lot better than 8-8."

Is it scheme?

"I don't think it's scheme. Offensively, I think we do a great job game-planning against people. We have big plays, we move chains and we score points. We just need to execute. I don't know how many offside penalties we had, but we had a lot, and that was a big factor in the game."

Do you feel like Pittsburgh was the more physical team today?

"Nope, I don't think so. They just played better than we did in the end."
so in one breath hes saying their very average and not very good, then in the next hes suggesting they are better, more talented, more physical, faster, than everybody else. :blah: carson, i suggest checking the running stats and review the tape to see how many times you were on your back for an indicator of who was the more physical team. after that go get your head checked for a concussion.

SteelShooter
01-02-2007, 01:39 PM

....he's a legend in his own mind.... :coffee:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Couldn't have said it better! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Elvis
01-02-2007, 03:39 PM
Palmer
"me...me..me....meeeee....eeee..meeee:cheer:

stillers4me
01-02-2007, 07:28 PM
I wonder who's going to win "his" SuperBowl this year???????