PDA

View Full Version : bits of wisdom from marvin "mushmouth" lewis

tony hipchest
01-02-2007, 12:18 PM
http://news.steelers.com/article/73292/ i dont know if anyone bathered reading this trash from his post game press conference but i needed a translator:

What seemed to happen on that field goal?

"I don't know. We missed it."

:thumbsup:
How big is the gap where you are now and where you want to be in terms of growth and poise?

"Small. Every gap is small in football. There are not wide gaps in the NFL. Very small. But it takes people that are selfless. (It takes) understanding, time and time again. You fit into it, expect it to happen, and do it the right way."

:huh:
How disappointing was this season?

"Every season is disappointing. If we don't get to where we want to go, it's going to be disappointing. That's not going to change."

i bet it wont
How close do you think you are, coach?

"I'm not going to sit here and say that. We didn't play well enough this year in '06, and we'll be better. We've had a tough year. We didn't play very good this year, beginning with last year at this point. Now we're into a new year already. Tomorrow will be a new year and a new start. It's been a long road, and not one good enough. So we get a chance to get a fresh start, and we'll make it."

:confused: "tough year this year last year new year new year new start fresh start." alrighty then, boomhauer.

Would you have thought that after winning the division last year, the maturity questions would go away?

"No, because they're going to be there every season. They're never going to change, because you always have new people. And new people always react differently in times of adversity. And that's what you've got to keep going through. You've got to keep battle-testing all the time, and getting them to understand."
no way to correct those maturity issues huh? :huh: im sure a new and better coach could figure it out. not drafting players with maturity issues would be a good start.

stlrtruck
01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
I needed this laugh!

THANKS!

MACH1
01-02-2007, 01:31 PM
How big is the gap where you are now and where you want to be in terms of growth and poise?

"Small. Every gap is small in football. There are not wide gaps in the NFL. Very small. But it takes people that are selfless. (It takes) understanding, time and time again. You fit into it, expect it to happen, and do it the right way.

If they could only close their yaps that would take care of most of the gaps.

CantStop85
01-02-2007, 07:53 PM
I stopped paying attention to Marvin's press conferences about a year ago. He might as well just have a pre-recording up there to answer questions.

polamalufan43
01-02-2007, 08:10 PM
I stopped paying attention to Marvin's press conferences about a year ago. He might as well just have a pre-recording up there to answer questions.

That might be your greatest idea yet. I wasn't sure, but I think that we are close to dissproving that all Bengals fans are brainless, lol. Then again, I won't be the judge of that.
Anyway, thanks for the laugh, after a day like today, I needed one. As for Marvin, I don't really think anyone should have to listen to his confrences anymore, as any coach who mostly repeats himself w/ the same answers.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

tony hipchest
01-02-2007, 08:10 PM
I stopped paying attention to Marvin's press conferences about a year ago. He might as well just have a pre-recording up there to answer questions. i cant blame you. win or lose, cowher usually always gives insightful, well spoken answers to the press. but i can barely understand what type of message marvin is trying to convey. after him repeatedly poo-poo'ing repeated arrests and obvious character issues, i guess i would have to tune out too.

he seems to be taking a hard stance against o. thurman in his most recent verbal chicken scratch to the press. are you buying it?