PDA

View Full Version : It's Over for Plaxico Burress

BigBenLover16
01-24-2005, 01:50 AM
It's his final game for the Pittsburgh Steelers and I wish he would stay.

dutchvanobvious
01-24-2005, 01:58 AM
:'(

Did I hear Bettis might be retiring too?

BigBenLover16
01-24-2005, 02:00 AM
he might but he might wait a while and then make a decision.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-24-2005, 02:41 AM
Plax's post game interview was definately disheartening..he's frustrated at the lack of looks he gets in the passing game. he wants to win as much as anyone.

I won't read that much into this until later on this offseason when we decide how to approach a new contract for him.

it's just too hard right now, and players are upset to take anything they say to heart just yet.

ironcitychef
01-24-2005, 03:20 AM
Yeah its too early, but I can see Plax going to Baltimore if Moss doesn't. Won't even give PIT the chance to match any offer. Like Boller would give him more #'s than Ben.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-26-2005, 12:01 AM
Yeah, plax wants to be The Man..and in Pittsburgh, Hines is the man, he's proved it year in and year out..Plax has the potential to be a beast, but he just never lived up to it with any kinda consistency...:-/

steeler851
01-31-2005, 08:09 AM
You know what they say Plaxx, be careful what you wish
for........

Plaxx is such a physically gifted athlete it's a shame that
he can't have at least one-quarter of the heart of a Hines
Ward. I agree with Ironcitychef that he will likely end up
in Baltimore with Kyle Boller and then and only then might
he realize how special it was to be a Steeler.

BlitzburghRockCity
01-31-2005, 08:27 PM
the word is, the Steelers are considering franchising plax, since they feel they can resign Hines without too many problems. hhmm, that's gonna push his cap hit to about 8 million atleast, for this year, so unless they really feel they can get him to sign a new contract and lift that tag, I dont think i'd do it, u just never know when you'll it.

gaudjr
01-31-2005, 11:14 PM
Losing Plax will not be much more the a ripple. Randle El will get more playing time and has the desire to go get the ball anywhere on the field. After watching Plax for a couple of years, it seems that he is only aggressive if the pattern is long and has the perception of being "spectacular". Only occasionally would he care to make an aggressive move on a short slant pattern. On Third and 7 to 10 yards he didn't seem willing just to go to the sticks and get the first down. I for one will miss his presence slightly but not as much as I will miss Bettis if retirement is in his plans.

ironcitychef
02-01-2005, 12:24 AM
From ESPN Clayton:

Steelers working on new Bettis contract
Speculation that Steelers running back Jerome Bettis (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=2354) might retire is only inspiring him more to play another season, and the Steelers are willing to work with him on his contract. Bettis took a paycut to $1 million plus incentives to stay with Pittsburgh. A similar contract might have to be worked out. For now, though nothing is official, Bettis is leaning toward playing in 2005.

And have not heard anymore about Plax. I think it depends on him. I think the Steelers feel good about being able to replace him with El, Cobb, draft, etc. I think they want to know if he is committed as everyone in the locker room says.

ironcitychef
02-02-2005, 12:32 AM
If you listened to Dan Patrick this afternoon, you heard Bettis talk about his body will let hime know if it is time. From what I have seen, he is doing fine and leaning towards sticking around even if he is a back up.

atlsteelers
02-02-2005, 03:19 PM
he wants that championship so bad! if we won it all he probally would have rode out on the ole sunset....